Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Well it's been going on for a while then.  As someone pointed out, look how long Nixon investigation took.

I do think the investigation needs to be prioritized a bit.  Let's assume Mueller has pretty good info that would get trump removed.  Then he also has info that is going to get 50 lower people in jail also.  At some point, he needs to put his foot on the gas getting info on trump.  Get that wrapped up, remove him, then sweep up the rest afterwards.  

In my professional, no experience in investigations whatsoever, expert opinion.......he should be gone already.

I think you all need to mentally prepare yourself for 8 years of Trump. 

Even if they find the smoking gun to convict Trump. Nothing will happen to him. If the GOP controls the House, they will just ignore the findings and say it's a partisan witching to overturn the election.

DEMS control House, they will impeach but Senate won't have the votes for removal.

Trump in the end will get away with it, pardon everyone including himself and get reelected.

8 hours ago, twa said:

Better get used to the Orange.....these things take time.

It’s hillarious how his tune changed when he realised that it took 2 1/2 years from the time the Watergate story broke to the time that Nixon resigned. The GOP figures they can stretch this out at least through November and even if they lose one house they can stall any attempt to impeach. 

Like I said, they are complicit. They KNOW he’s guilty and they don’t care. They are utilizing the fact that he is hated by 60% of Americans to rip through nearly every government protection and regulation, as well as slashing taxes for their corporate coconspirators. Once it is clear that Trump has outlived his usefulness they’ll allow him to be impeached and then finish with Pence who is NO DIFFERENT. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, General NSJ said:

At least Watergate was centered around an actual crime. 

Remember Nixon used to call Watergate a witch hunt. 

The only difference is that the GOP base today enjoys being treated like morons and will suck the fart out of Donald Trump’s ass to own the libs.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Remember Nixon used to call Watergate a witch hunt. 

The only difference is that the GOP base today enjoys being treated like morons and will suck the fart out of Donald Trump’s ass to own the libs.

Tricky Dick was notoriously paranoid, so I wouldn't be surprised if he thought his mailman was out to get him.  POTUS' state of mind isn't my point. 

Watergate had a burglary, which is a crime.  This Russia investigation has allegations of collusion which is not a crime.  Unless someone can produce the exact statute that was violated or do we need to wait another year and a half for that?

Just now, Springfield said:

Bribery and money laundering are both crimes, no?

Evidence that Donald Trump was complicit in both please.

13 minutes ago, General NSJ said:

Tricky Dick was notoriously paranoid

Yes, this surely doesn’t apply to the mentally stable and totally normal person currently occupying the White House,

Tweeting in all caps every single day about the Russia “witch hunt” and complaining non stop about the media is sane, normal and totally not paranoid. 

Consistent efforts at pressuring his own appointees at the DoJ to shut down an investigation is not paranoid. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You're right comrade NSJ. All hail Putin. 

Congrats!!! You win +5 internet points for calling me a Russian. 

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

you do realize someone related to this case started his prison term this week?

Really, was it Trump?

7 minutes ago, General NSJ said:

Really, was it Trump?

His ex-campaign manager, campaign advisor, foreign policy advisor and national security advisor are facing sentencing later this summer.

Three of them are cooperating with the special counsel and federal prosecutors in return for lenient sentences and lesser charges. 

Why do you think that's the case?

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, General NSJ said:

Watergate had a burglary, which is a crime.  This Russia investigation has allegations of collusion which is not a crime.  Unless someone can produce the exact statute that was violated or do we need to wait another year and a half for that?

Trump himself is the one that has seized on the word collusion and, in any event, collusion is a synonym for conspiracy, which is a felony.  Here's the exact statute: 18 USC 371.

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

Let me see .... how about 52 USC 30121, also a felony.

(a) Prohibition  It shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

I'll note that a contribution is basically anything, including services (such as conducting a dedicated social media campaign, or hacking the emails of your opponent's campaign officials) "made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office."

How about 18 U.S. Code § 2381, which makes it illegal for anyone owing allegiance tot he US gives aid or comfort to its enemies.  

That's just the Russian piece.  Then there is the obstruction of justice piece, other non-Russia campaign law violations (including but not limited to the Stormy Daniels affair), all kinds of Trump associates making false statements to law enforcement (several of which have already plead guilty) and who knows what else Mueller has found that nobody outside of his investigation knows.  I can provide you the statutes for those too, but I'll have to ask that you pay me my billable rate for services rendered. :) 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, General NSJ said:

Were the endless Benghazi "investigations" centered on any actual crime? Millions of taxpayer dollars later, all 4 investigations came to the same conclusion - no wrongdoing, no negligence, etc.

What crime was the email server investigation based on?

More people have ALREADY been indicted/plead guilty/serving sentences than for both those investigations combined...But hey, keep listening to Russian stooges leading chants of "lock her up!"

Acting like this investigation was going to be a quick open & shut case where Comey/Mueller went straight to Trump to take him down is just being intellectually dishonest.  These things always begin with prosecuting the players lower on the chain of command and work their way up.  Last I checked this has already produced more indictments then any investigations going after Hillary Clinton that lasted years and no one on the right seemed to take issue with the same things being tried over and over. 

• Like 3

Pja.gif

Congrats!!! You win +5 internet points for calling me a Russian. 

Really, was it Trump?

Wow, guys we got us a true believer!!

See, I told you they exist. You guys kept telling me that they weren’t real, but I see them all the time. These are the people I keep telling you about that unlike twabot ACTUALLY believe the **** they are fed through the Faux News human centipede!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1