Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is ironically the same thing Stormy said to Trump.

Hahahaha

I will say I am starting to agree with Pence on that one statement.  Now I hope the investigation ends with a bunch of people, including POTUS and probably VP, in jail.  But I feel after ~16 months you need to either be able to make your case or admit it isn't strong enough.

This may just be my frustration in it taking so long to get rid of such an idiot though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hahahaha

I will say I am starting to agree with Pence on that one statement.  Now I hope the investigation ends with a bunch of people, including POTUS and probably VP, in jail.  But I feel after ~16 months you need to either be able to make your case or admit it isn't strong enough.

This may just be my frustration in it taking so long to get rid of such an idiot though.

Well the thing is there's plenty happening. Benghazi went like what, 4 years? Clinton email scandal, 2 years. Neither one had indictments. This one already has something like 23. It's going to take quite a while to peel back all the layers of this thing. The problem with this investigation is that there's lots of progress, but more that still seems to come out. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

Well the thing is there's plenty happening. Benghazi went like what, 4 years? Clinton email scandal, 2 years. Neither one had indictments. This one already has something like 23. It's going to take quite a while to peel back all the layers of this thing. The problem with this investigation is that there's lots of progress, but more that still seems to come out. 

The GOP investigations were just actual witch hunts so yea, they were way too long and wasteful.  And I don't care about the lower level indictments.  Flynn and Manafort were good but I'm ready for the big fish.  

I guess I have issue that someone can do things that we all believe the Trump campaign did and still get to sit in that seat for this long.  I feel like if someone needs to get thrown out of that chair, you should be able to prove it in 16 months.  I say the same about the poor people that sit in jail for years waiting on their murder trial.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hahahaha

It has not been one year yet.  Mueller was appointed on May 17, 2017.  It's been 358 days.  

These things take time.  Here is a helpful reference chart.  Note the average is 904 days.  We're at about 40% of the average.  Now look at what some of the investigations were about (like a leak, or a conflict of interest) and think about how this one is about whether the sitting President conspired with a foreign enemy to swing his election.  

Screen Shot 2017 06 15 at 8.59.47 AM

• Thanks 2

The GOP investigations were just actual witch hunts so yea, they were way too long and wasteful.  And I don't care about the lower level indictments.  Flynn and Manafort were good but I'm ready for the big fish.  

I guess I have issue that someone can do things that we all believe the Trump campaign did and still get to sit in that seat for this long.  I feel like if someone needs to get thrown out of that chair, you should be able to prove it in 16 months.  I say the same about the poor people that sit in jail for years waiting on their murder trial.

It took the investigation into Nixon and his minions two years. 

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It has not been one year yet.  Mueller was appointed on May 17, 2017.  It's been 358 days.  

Wasn't Obama at least mildly aware that Russia was playing games with the election?  And wasn't Comey looking into it before he got canned?  I'd say it has been over a year.

Again, my issue is more that a person can do what we all believe he did, yet still sit in that seat for this long.  If that is the way it is, than it needs to be fixed.  I don't know how but I don't think my POTUS should be under the thumb of an enemy state and it take us this long to rectify it.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

It took the investigation into Nixon and his minions two years. 

Why do people keep bringing up history like it is an argument to my thought?  I'm not saying it isn't okay for it to take this long for some political reason.  I'm saying if he is beholden to russia, hurry up and get his ass out of there.  If I admit Watergate, Monica, Bengahzi, etc should have moved faster, will you all get off that stump?

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Rule of law takes time.

So you are cool with the GOP being able to hold office for this long after all they have done?

They voted out of committee the Articles of Impeachment after the investigation was concluded and the hearings on the House concluded, so there's some overlap of time. Plus it took a bit for the selected Republicans to meet with and convince Nixon to resign. 

I watched the hearings on my portable B&W TV at my job as a parking lot cashier at National Airport. Fascinating stuff!

I don't think that the Republicans in the House will hold impeachment hearings. In fact, they have concluded their investigation and that's it as far as they are concerned. 

So what's the remedy considering your timeline?  Mueller has to keep the investigation going until after the midterms and hope like hell that Dems take the House majority. Then Dems need to conduct investigation hearings leading to impeachment committee and vote articles of impeachment. Then hope that House Republicans will try to convince Trump to resign. 

Does that about cover it for you timeline wise?

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Does that about cover it for you timeline wise?

I get how the current system works.  I also get how it has worked in the past.  However, I think two things:

One, if a POTUS colluded with an enemy government so he could get the seat, there needs to be a much better, quicker, more efficient, and just way to remove him.

Two, if Trump & Co did all these things we are led to believe (and I do believe) than it should not take more than 16 months to put all that together and complete the process to get him out.  

This is no way meant to be a defense of Trump, an argument that since it has been finished in this amount of time that he must be innocent, or that previous investigations into some other political figure are a beacon that would should strive for.  Sad that I need to clear that up.

If you are going to remove a sitting president from office, or even claim that he committed treason, you need your **** to be indisputable beyond a Shadow of a doubt before you come forward. 

Plus, it seems like every stone turned over leads to another crime and/or people that need to be further investigated to truly complete the scope of what happened 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

So you are cool with the GOP being able to hold office for this long after all they have done?

They're going to hold office, until the voters vote them out.  

They won the election.  

The investigation might determine which Republican holds office.  but they're not going to impeach the Party, and let the DNC appoint somebody.  

Edited by Larry

One, if a POTUS colluded with an enemy government so he could get the seat, there needs to be a much better, quicker, more efficient, and just way to remove him.

There is one.  Impeachment.  In theory, it could be dome in a matter of days.  

Only thing is, Congress views Party and power above country.  That have made a conscious decision, unanimously, to use their constitutionally-granted power as a tool to actively obstruct justice, rather than to carry it out.  

Problem isn't that there's no mechanism.  Problem is the people who have the power.  

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Plus, it seems like every stone turned over leads to another crime and/or people that need to be further investigated to truly complete the scope of what happened 

Well, that, and he keeps confessing to another crime, and committing the same ones over, every few days.  

• Like 1