Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

Didn't you have a good post within the last couple of weeks about the need to get back to having conversations instead of the current partisan back and forth that involves name calling, accusations, etc? The first part of this post did what you wanted from your good post, the second half is what you complained about. 

Bench marking is not a bad idea so long as the administration comes clean on all their meetings with Russia. I agree about China. Trump already got away with nefarious actions involving China when he changed his stance on them and he finally gets his trademark over there after 10 years. 

I want to nail Trump as bad as anyone.  However, its not going to happen at this rate

See, I agree AND disagree with zoony on this one. On the one hand yes, things have gotten overcooked, those opposed to the So Called and his cabal are grasping at each and every straw, every shadow of a straw, every rumor of someone's brother-in-law that heard about a straw, and it is coming off as a bit crazed. I get that, a lot of people are seriously wound up and you cannot think straight when you're wound up. You just can't.

But, on the other hand....................

The real action is not happening in the media, as with most things the real action happens under the table, in back rooms and quiet places, and IMO those are the efforts that will bear fruit if there is to be a crop this year. Judges, attorneys, the ACLU, the intelligence community, etc., there are a lot of people gnawing away at the wall of secrecy thrown around all this. All the Rachel Maddow chittering and street protest hair pulling and gnashing of teeth serves to distract, to give the infotainment talking heads something to occupy themselves, much the same way you give small kids crayons in a restaurant so you can eat in peace.

There are a lot of elements in play here, on both sides, a lot of smart people, a lot of unscrupulous people, reinforcing the walls and gnawing their way through from the other side.

Breathe.

If you want to bash someone for being venal and arrogant in serving their own immediate ends, doing the same thing yourself is just hypocrisy. If everyone abandons the moral high ground then there are no winners and no one can make any claim to "right".

IF the Trumplodytes genuinely are trying to destroy America, rend the fabric of our nation and sell the pieces for their own profit (as so many claim and seem to believe) then the only way to oppose that with any dignity or character is to use the very things you worry about losing, the rule of law, the vote, making your voice heard in an adult fashion, making a convincing and rational case for your views. Out screaming the screamers? That's just embarrassing.

If you want to claim you're "better than that", then goddammit you have to BE better than that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zoony said:

I want to nail Trump as bad as anyone.  However, its not going to happen at this rate

Yeah, I'd love for more Republicans to step up and take charge here.  The Dems doing it doesn't necessarily do them any favors.  I've said it in other contexts, but the GOP seems to think that conducting a serious (ie. nonpartisan) investigation is the same as turning on Trump or going against their base... but it's not an either or scenario.  I think they'd garner more respect from the middle if they were seen to take this situation seriously.  

Of course, a party that generally dismisses climate change, treats Trump's statements with kid gloves, constantly flirts with voter suppression, and has made hypocrisy their ***** is probably far more concerned with power than doing the right thing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I'd love for more Republicans to step up and take charge here.  The Dems doing it doesn't necessarily do them any favors.  I've said it in other contexts, but the GOP seems to think that conducting a serious (ie. nonpartisan) investigation is the same as turning on Trump or going against their base... but it's not an either or scenario.  I think they'd garner more respect from the middle if they were seen to take this situation seriously.  

Of course, a party that generally dismisses climate change, treats Trump's statements with kid gloves, constantly flirts with voter suppression, and has made hypocrisy their ***** is probably far more concerned with power than doing the right thing.  

Congress can investigate better than the FBI ones already in place? 

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Congress can call for a special prosecutor.  Or could have asked that Sessions refuse himself.  Or called for a commission to investigate.  Or could pretend to take it seriously.  But you knew all of that already. 

Here's another thing to consider, until '99 a special prosecutor was chosen by a three judge panel under a very clear regulation, that lapsed and now it is up to the AG (or acting AG) to pick who they want.

What are the chances Sessions (or the acting Sessions standin) is going to hand this over to an objective, independent prosecutor?

What are the chances that Omarosa gets the nod?

Handicap the odds for yourself

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Does that office come with some kind of fancy hat?

I believe China (the poster) has possession of that piece of evidence. :ph34r:

it's a beautiful day :) 

just a little note on the pence thing---another example of the easily flexible (and downright dispensable when suits) moral/ethical make-up of the basic trump super-christian---he found this account had been hacked by a scammer back in the summer and still went out afterwards (the clips are fun to watch now) to do all his attacks on hillary (and I restrict this to the areas in which the two incidents parallel)---

to that point, while just as jolly as ever, i am not the guy to make lame, lazily incompetent "rebuttals" to these days....make sure you're good to go on your **** and that you read mine correctly...i am in a low-tolerance mode regarding typcial partisan-warrior lazy-brain hypocritical **** these days, whether in 3D or online...so better to ignore the actual argument if that's the case and simply make scathing commentary on my existence in general, which is fine,  and I can even send you plenty of validated material in support if you want it :) 

i do get bone-weary of the bone-deep hypocrisy that is plentiful everywhere, and i do mean it in an objective sense when i say there it is notably more profuse on the partisan conservative side but it's a distinction of very limited usefulness even if accepted--and of course it's debatable (btw, i'd expect some of you might like reading up on what personality/developmental characteristics  <thinking patterns; behaviors> are consistently and fairly accurately associated with various political parties/leanings)

1 hour ago, twa said:

Well, when the target is a Democrat, (and you're asking a Republican. Or you.), the answer appears to be a resounding "yes".  

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, when the target is a Democrat, (and you're asking a Republican. Or you.), the answer appears to be a resounding "yes".  

Wasn't most of the investigating done under Obama/Holder?

Or are we investigating Russia influencing the next election already?

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

IF the Trumplodytes genuinely are trying to destroy America, rend the fabric of our nation and sell the pieces for their own profit (as so many claim and seem to believe) then the only way to oppose that with any dignity or character is to use the very things you worry about losing, the rule of law, the vote, making your voice heard in an adult fashion, making a convincing and rational case for your views. Out screaming the screamers? That's just embarrassing.

If you want to claim you're "better than that", then goddammit you have to BE better than that.

See I used to think that too... Until Donald Trump became president of the United States. Pretty clearly there are enough idiots in the GOP base and enough weak, unprincipled politicians in there ranks willing to roll over and sell out the country just as long as they can stay in office for one more term that this strategy is no longer in the best interest of our nation. Time to fight back.

48 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

See I used to think that too... Until Donald Trump became president of the United States. Pretty clearly there are enough idiots in the GOP base and enough weak, unprincipled politicians in there ranks willing to roll over and sell out the country just as long as they can stay in office for one more term that this strategy is no longer in the best interest of our nation. Time to fight back.

I hear ya, and I agree, but fight back with wit, fight back with rational argument and intellect, fight back with style!

The moral high ground is ALWAYS a better defensive position

• Like 1

Republicans proved there is no such thing as being too hysterically negative about your opponent.  It works.  Spectacularly.  It helped get a giant ****ing moron reality TV star with no qualifications for office of any sort elected president over a public servant with a lifetime of experience preparing her for the office.  Democrats need to raise Hell about every single thing Trump ****s up.  It will destroy his favorability, define him and his agenda, drown out his messages, and kill his support.  Zoony you can't **** about how Democrats don't play to win one week and then **** about how they whine too much the next.  This is how you win now.

Not to mention politically energy is activated through anger.  Democrats are building a grass roots movement whose organizing principle is "Trump's a disaster and we ****ing hate him."

• Like 1