Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is quite possibly the biggest con job in American history. I'm disgusted but at the same time somewhat in awe. 

Don't be in awe. It wasn't that sophisticated. Your everyday high-functioning idiot could see what he was. Turns out there are way more mouth breathing morons and morally bankrupt average Joes than anyone thought possible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Don't be in awe. It wasn't that sophisticated. Your everyday high-functioning idiot could see what he was. Turns out there are way more mouth breathing morons and morally bankrupt average Joes than anyone thought possible.

Well, I never said I was necessarily in awe of Trump or how masterful he was. I should have been more specific. I am more in awe about how many idiots fell for it than anything else.

• Like 1

Just heard Charlie Crist opining that an independent investigative body, outside of Congress and not a political body, would be the best way to look into all this. He suggested naming someone respected, someone with gravitas, like say, Colin Powell to head it.

THAT'S an idea I could get on board with, like to see that get some traction.

And of course it was carefully placed on Saturday night so it stands a good chance of being gnawed on on the Sunday morning Big 3 ( Face the Nation, Meet the Press, This Week w/ Georgie).

Are we having fun yet?

• Like 2

:ols:

the dotard in chief has some his actual congress shills and his homeboy posse hitting msnbc and cnn doing their shtick: yelling over everyone else (tho the lib yelled back <to Andre Bauer> and called him "shameful"), blaming the media for making things up, and the host, bringing up past off topic **** about obama or other like it's a counterpoint or gotcha and it doesn't even make sense......and insisting that not only what don's saying is  true but that he has been proved right every time this sort of thing happens and he will reveal more and the media will have to do its usual walk back.....they're giving you alternate realities....

• Like 3

And I am hoping that a lot of people in Iowa or Utah or West Virginia or wherever make the connection between their reps refusing to talk to them and then disgracing and debasing themselves in this. THIS is your voice being heard? THIS is making America great? THIS is ok in any way shape or form?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

What specifically is the left looking to prove?

Are people on the left ready to state that they think that Trump worked with the Russians to rig the election?

I don't know that it's anything specific nor do I personally think it's working to rig the election. I think it has more to do with figuring out the reasons Trump has lied so much about Russia and why he has been so complimentary about Putin. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Are people on the left ready to state that they think that Trump worked with the Russians to rig the election?

Rig, no.

The Russians pushed for Trump but our own populace stupidly fell for it.  If successfully running propaganda is rigging, then yes, Russia rigged it, but I suspect there'd be pushback in using that definition.

But the "are you gonna allege they rigged" thing is either old news or a strawman, new info came to light months ago that leads to new allegations.

What's left to prove is that Trump owes a lot of Russian oligarchs a lot of money, and that he is actively promoting pro-Kremlin policies here at home at their behest (which ultimately is at Putin's behest).

We went from "Democrats aren't tough enough on Russia" in 2012 to "Yeah, sure, they can have that chunk of Ukraine, it's fiiiiiiiine" in 2016.

All the while, it turns out all these Trump staffers and surrogates are meeting with the Russian ambassador, and that's to say nothing of the overseas meetings with oligarchs that a bunch of people 1 degree of separation from Trump (Kushner, his sons, etc.) had.

Oh and when asked about it no one can get their story straight.  Flynn couldn't, Sessions can't, and now everyone is tripping over themselves as to whether Trump directly ordered the softening of the Russian-Ukraine piece of the GOP platform or not.

That's kind of an important thing to get straightened out, y'know.

Oh, and Trump is violating the emoluments clause all over the place 24/7.  Not just Russian stuff, but from everywhere.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Oh, and Trump is violating the emoluments clause all over the place 24/7.  Not just Russian stuff, but from everywhere.

The Chinese stuff coming after Trump drastically altering his message on China. First he gets the trademark and now this. 

emoluments clause and electoral college, both being proved that they are meaningless now. EC in the sense that it's just rubber stamping whomever wins in November. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Not so far fetched a proposition.   He surrounded himself with Russophiles, three of which have lost their jobs over Russian ties. There has been a lot of lying about those ties.  Now maybe he is just really sympathetic to Putin and Putin seeing this took it upon himself to work for Trump.  But there is a whole lot of smoke and odd behavior for someone who is completely innocent.

I understand people wanting to draw parallels to Nixon/Watergate, but this ain't that. There was a lot of outrage at the time, but again there was a ton of muttered support and "the Prezdent can do what he wants" opinions. Hindsight, yanno? But it was never cut n dried.

This is very different, much more insidious and venal, this extends far beyond dirty tricks and shady **** from a small group of political insiders. This is a foreign power, THE hostile foreign power on the planet, colluding with these Quisling ****s to subvert an election. How much more does it take to rise to the level of a de facto coup to overthrow the government? Just because our ****s are doing it for greed and just happen to have their interests align with their ****s that want to hamstring America doesn't make it any better.

Kilmer asked if "the left" was willing to say that the So Called & Co. worked w/ Kremlin Inc. to rig the election, I'd ask him if he's willing to state categorically that they didn't. I know, just speaking for myself, that I am not willing to make ANY grand declarative proclamations about what did or didn't occur, but I damn well want to know. I do keep thinking about the mantra from the right for years that "if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about". Where'd that go and isn't that hypocritical now and why am I even asking.

The proof/evidence/smoking gun(s) aren't in plain view.....yet. But there is no way to cover it all up and erase all the traces, that's just as impossible as coal coming back. So, IF (and yes, we're still at a big IF stage) there is undeniable proof that Trump or his cronies actively, knowingly participated in a plan to rig the election, will he and others like him still dismiss or explain or deny it all and keep rockin' the red hats? And if it's shown that the dims were just played, were just so selfishly obsessed with their own agenda that they let the Russians play them, is that somehow better?

Aside from that, the right is already feelin' some heat and knows that time might not be on their side, so I expect them to try to ram through as much as possible as fast as possible. How far can they go now, how far out on that shaky limb will Ryan and McConnell et. al. go before the perceived risks of getting tarred with the same brush makes 'em flinch? And more importantly IMO what irreversible damage gets done to our country, to the economy and environment, to the social fabric, before we reach that point?

• Like 2

You're asking me to prove a negative?

maybe Obama was working with the Russians. After all, he laid back and let them take parts of the Ukraine.  Or maybe it was Schumer and McCaskill?   They had meetings with Russian leaders. 

Maybe it was W.  he had a pleasant relationship with Putin. 

Maybe it was Slick Willie.  He got half a mill to speak at a forum for Russian Oil exces.  

Maybe Trump did work with them to win.  If he did, impeach him and jail him.  

But stop dancing around and make a claim and then prove it.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You're asking me to prove a negative?

maybe Obama was working with the Russians. After all, he laid back and let them take parts of the Ukraine.  Or maybe it was Schumer and McCaskill?   They had meetings with Russian leaders. 

Maybe it was W.  he had a pleasant relationship with Putin. 

Maybe it was Slick Willie.  He got half a mill to speak at a forum for Russian Oil exces.  

Maybe Trump did work with them to win.  If he did, impeach him and jail him.  

But stop dancing around and make a claim and then prove it.  

Obama wiretapped the Trump Tower.  There's a claim for ya.

Have some morning fun if you're bored, featuring Bill the Shrill Pill and CNN regular and most likeable Trump drone, Jeff "hey, look at my hair, I have great hair" Lord

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/style/wp/2017/03/04/bill-mahers-interview-with-a-trump-defender-started-out-nice-then-russia-came-up/

Bill Maher’s interview with a Trump defender started out nice. Then Russia came up

https://youtu.be/_sMMJBJ1EGY

12 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

It goes back got Trump's business dealings and tax returns

did the Trump camp collide with the Putin's govt and Wikileaks to influence the election, because Trump is in heavy debt to Putin or Putin allies? And what does this mean for US power going forward under Trump

• Like 1