Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

29 minutes ago, zoony said:

You guys are in such a state of hysteria and total meltdown that you are all effectively crying wolf.  Cnn has had the same 85 point bold font headline about Trump for the last 10 months.  TRUMP TAKES A ****.  TRUMP SAYS A BAD WORD.  TRUMP HAS SMALL HANDS and on and on and on and on.  It is absolutely mind numbing and exhausting

You may be right. You may be wrong. We'll see.

If you're right, I would still suggest that the left and media should continue on as if scandals abound. Obstruct everything. Pull every dirty trick there is to pull. Gerrymander. Investigate. Filibuster. Voter suppression. The whole nine yards. GOP must be smashed to smithereens then built back up into something less destructive.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zoony said:

Public trust in media at all time low.  Media effectively gets sociopath elected by allowing him to dominate their news cycles in effort to chase ratings.  Fake news sites like InfoaWars and Breitbart gain traction and power by doing nothing other than pick off the low hanging rotten fruit of lazy, commercialized journalism to build credibility and spread their bias and false news.  But yah, clearly Im talking about investigative journalism at the WP.

#NothingToSeeHere

#HeadInSand

#GotYourAssKicked

#WhiningLittle****es

#StateOfFear

#

Well, it's easy to see that Breitbart has has a profound effect on you personally.  Good luck with your meltdown! 

30 minutes ago, zoony said:

Public trust in media at all time low.  Media effectively gets sociopath elected by allowing him to dominate their news cycles in effort to chase ratings.  Fake news sites like InfoaWars and Breitbart gain traction and power by doing nothing other than pick off the low hanging rotten fruit of lazy, commercialized journalism to build credibility and spread their bias and false news.  But yah, clearly Im talking about investigative journalism at the WP.

#NothingToSeeHere

#HeadInSand

#GotYourAssKicked

#WhiningLittle****es

#StateOfFear

#

I think Trump is the triumph of the right wing media, ala Limbaugh and Fox.  He didn't invent birtherism, he just saw an opportunity and ran with it.  What policy of his wasn't espoused by the fringe right before him?

29 minutes ago, zoony said:

(1) Public trust in media at all time low.  (2) Media effectively gets sociopath elected by allowing him to dominate their news cycles in effort to chase ratings.  (3) Fake news sites like InfoaWars and Breitbart gain traction and power by doing nothing other than pick off the low hanging rotten fruit of lazy, commercialized journalism to build credibility and spread their bias and false news.  But yah, clearly Im talking about investigative journalism at the WP.

(4)#NothingToSeeHere

(5)#HeadInSand

(6)#GotYourAssKicked

(7)#WhiningLittle****es

(8)#StateOfFear

(2)#

(1) GOP's fault

(2) Uh, no. That was also the GOP's fault.

(3) Not a new thing and that's thanks to the GOP.

(4)GOP's fault

(5)GOP

(6)GOP

(7)GOP

(8)GOP

But in reply to #GotYourAssKicked... do you feel like you won in this election cycle?

And in reply to #WhiningLittle****es.... That's typical GOP brain rot. They are the biggest bunch of whining little ****es on the planet. In fact, we should change the name of the GOP to the WLB. They also loooooove to project their own faults onto others and, ever since they have gotten past the hard part of laying a foundation by targeting and cultivating a base of very small-brained people, indoctrinating their followers to do the same took almost no effort at all. Sort of like how easily they are willing to throw away their principles, morals, ethics, and any desire to think for themselves.

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-bobby-jindal-gop-stop-stupid-party-article-1.1247645

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

(1) GOP's fault

(2) Uh, no. That was also the GOP's fault.

(3) Not a new thing and that's thanks to the GOP.

(4)GOP's fault

(5)GOP

(6)GOP

(7)GOP

(8)GOP

But in reply to #GotYourAssKicked... do you feel like you won in this election cycle?

And in reply to #WhiningLittle****es.... That's typical GOP brain rot. They are the biggest bunch of whining little ****es on the planet. In fact, we should change the name of the GOP to the WLB. They also loooooove to project their own faults onto others and, ever since they have gotten past the hard part of laying a foundation by targeting and cultivating a base of very small-brained people, indoctrinating their followers to do the same took almost no effort at all. Sort of like how easily they are willing to throw away their principles, morals, ethics, and any desire to think for themselves.

We have a sociopath in the White House.  The left has taken no responsibilty for it.  In my opinion they are responsible.

Until they see the light it will continue.  Driving away voters and completely out of touch 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Posting links of folks 10 zillion times more interesting than yourself is the true definition of ownage!

Oooh, stings I bet. :)

Buck up little camper, take a swig of koolaid.  Youll be back to posting passive aggressive memes and railing against injustice on internet message boards soon enough :P

13 minutes ago, zoony said:

We have a sociopath in the White House.  The left has taken no responsibilty for it.  In my opinion they are responsible.

Until they see the light it will continue.  Driving away voters and completely out of touch 

That's because it's the GOP's fault. How are you going to blame the left for the Republican party making Donald Trump their candidate? Was it the left's fault when the governor of Texas dispatched the state guard to watch over Jade Helm in case it was a secret military operation to take over Texas? Is it the left's fault that I can do a google search of "Michelle Obama is a gorilla" in quotes and it returns over 50,000 results? Is it the left's fault that David Duke is salsa dancing with every Trump tweet?

No, It's totally the fault of the right for cultivating a base of idiots, racists, and homophobes.

It's only the left's fault for believing that if they let the GOP act like morons for 8 years, that the party would implode and that people would wake the **** up. They were proven half right when Donald Trump became the "Republican" nominee for President. Problem is that they made that bet believing that 1. There weren't enough stupid people in the GOP base to get a Donald trump elected and / or 2. That the Republican Party would take a step back and say, "whoah... what's going on here. We gotta stop this ****." But no. Turns out there were more stupid people than they ever imagined and that the GOP would sell their souls with almost no fight whatsoever.

So now it's time for a different tact.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

i think the dems need to breathe a bit here now...just a bit...same as with the pence emails so far...that deal looks more like an awesome tribute to his pretty consistent hypocrisy (a prime  feature of the trump super-christian coalition)...there's going to be plenty of real stuff on the don & co...you want to eventually win over more middle people and middle people prefer less cowbell and hysteria.....rational phrasing and facts over angst and exaggeration matter...any heartfelt venom hurled at these figures, however, is always appropriate...

• Like 2

No breathing. Turn up the volume. If you relax for half a week and Trump semi-competently reads somebody else's speech then half of the country is suddenly ready to forgive him. Nope, nope. Gotta pile it on, non-stop til the next election cycle. Whip the left voter base into a frenzy. Take over the house and senate and then help the GOP hit rock bottom by smacking the **** out of them figuratively speaking of course.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, zoony said:

If we are not benchmarking the frequency of these meetings against other meetings with other foreign countries,  what good is continuously citing them as some soft of evidence of colusion?  Did Kushner meet with the Swedes or the Germans?

I dont think there is any doubt that Russia wanted Trump in the White House.  That, however, is a far cry from collusion or nefarious intent on the part of the TWH

Also, Trump has quite a bit of financial interest in China.  I think some of you need to check yourselves with the perceived power of Russia.  They are effectively a third world country with a nuclear arsenal.

You guys are in such a state of hysteria and total meltdown that you are all effectively crying wolf.  Cnn has had the same 85 point bold font headline about Trump for the last 10 months.  TRUMP TAKES A ****.  TRUMP SAYS A BAD WORD.  TRUMP HAS SMALL HANDS and on and on and on and on.  It is absolutely mind numbing and exhausting

There is a severe disservice being done as the American people become effectively numb to the Trump hysteria perpetuated by the 24 hour news and ratings whores.  Pick your battles.  Focus on facts and what is important and what can be proven.

Or dont.  Keep on with the meltdown and let Trump get away with whatever he wants as a result of a numb populace.  Which so far is the only thing that has been accomplished by the media and the left.

Whatever happened to BLM, Trannys at Target, and all the other news stories that dominated the respective national conscience a year ago?  Did all those problems become fixed, or is the media maybe a panic driven, headline seeking, hysteria inducing collective that is making money off driving fear and controversy with the attention span of a gnat?

To your first point - that's exactly why I would like to know about contacts with other countries.  Except, as you well know, the lies about the contacts are (for now) the bigger deal.  

I agree about the financial ties to China.  Between the TPP and the most recent business deal, color me concerned... though that's maybe more fitting for the conflict of interest thread.  

Russia a 3rd world country with a nuke arsenal?  I suppose you could be right, but...

1) they've invaded a foreign nation (one that's part of a serious alliance that's letting them down) and

2) things they seem to want - destabilized Europe, weaker NATO and a less involved US - are all falling into place (coinciding with large scale cyber attacks directed at these targets).  

3) there is still a lot of money in Russia, and there figures to be a whole lot more if the sanctions are eased/removed, including Exxon's massive deals with them.  

I'd argue they are enough of a power that they can threaten or effectively subsume many neighboring nations.  Of course, to do that they'd need the rest of Europe, and the US, to back off.  

As to the media, man, what a situation.  I alternately think they should back off a bit due to the numbing you're talking about, and I feel like they are forced to cover this administration 24-7 because the administration keeps breaking norms, showing hostility to every critic or speed bump, and showing a shocking amount of corruption, lying and unnecessarily dangerous statements.  And more. 

I guess I'd say they (the media) need to avoid obsessing over the bungling and keep hammering the bigger concerns... but Trump has effectively declared war on them.  

To be fair though, almost no matter which stories go where, this administration scares the heck out of me.  I can't blame anyone paying attention for freaking out, and the press pays more attention than maybe anyone.  I do recall Tapper basically telling Conway he'd love to covering other things including positive aspects of the administration, but the constant scandals wouldn't let him.  Call it BS if you want, but this is looking to be one of the most scandalous, hostile, myopic administration in our history, and that doesn't need any help from the media bias or financial incentive... 

Because this isn't because the Dems lost the Prez., have no voice in the government, or due to the hard right swing we're facing in many important areas.  No, it's about the attacks on our democracy, the lying and the potential negative global ramifications surrounding this WH.  Hope that doesn't make me a whiny *****, but I can't say I'd be hurt if it did in your eyes... I'm comfortable saying it seems pretty dang sane to be concerned.  ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zoony said:

If we are not benchmarking the frequency of these meetings against other meetings with other foreign countries,  what good is continuously citing them as some soft of evidence of colusion?  Did Kushner meet with the Swedes or the Germans?

I dont think there is any doubt that Russia wanted Trump in the White House.  That, however, is a far cry from collusion or nefarious intent on the part of the TWH

Also, Trump has quite a bit of financial interest in China.  I think some of you need to check yourselves with the perceived power of Russia.  They are effectively a third world country with a nuclear arsenal.

There is a severe disservice being done as the American people become effectively numb to the Trump hysteria perpetuated by the 24 hour news and ratings whores.  Pick your battles.  Focus on facts and what is important and what can be proven.

Or dont.  Keep on with the meltdown and let Trump get away with whatever he wants as a result of a numb populace.  Which so far is the only thing that has been accomplished by the media and the left.

Whatever happened to BLM, Trannys at Target, and all the other news stories that dominated the respective national conscience a year ago?  Did all those problems become fixed, or is the media maybe a panic driven, headline seeking, hysteria inducing collective that is making money off driving fear and controversy with the attention span of a gnat?

Didn't you have a good post within the last couple of weeks about the need to get back to having conversations instead of the current partisan back and forth that involves name calling, accusations, etc? The first part of this post did what you wanted from your good post, the second half is what you complained about. 

Bench marking is not a bad idea so long as the administration comes clean on all their meetings with Russia. I agree about China. Trump already got away with nefarious actions involving China when he changed his stance on them and he finally gets his trademark over there after 10 years. 

34 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i think the dems need to breathe a bit here now...just a bit...same as with the pence emails so far...that deal looks more like an awesome tribute to his pretty consistent hypocrisy (a prime  feature of the trump super-christian coalition)...there's going to be plenty of real stuff on the don & co...you want to eventually win over more middle people and middle people prefer less cowbell and hysteria.....rational phrasing and facts over angst and exaggeration matter...any heartfelt venom hurled at these figures, however, is always appropriate...

I think the problem now is how does one determine which is a more important story when it's a complete **** show. Massive EPA cuts vs Repealing Obamacare Secret House Plan vs Russian scandal vs Cabinet members lying in their confirmation hearings vs blatant lying by POTUS vs pick another one of several more issues. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

To your first point - that's exactly why I would like to know about contacts with other countries.  Except, as you well know, the lies about the contacts are (for now) the bigger deal.  

I<edit>

I think it's useful to do this again even as I keep mentioning having some restraint---just a few basic items off a long (years old) and still accruing "russia" list:

Paul Manafort, trump campaign mgr. is fired/let-go/resigned (conflicting reasons given and lying by different trump people--pattern) right after stories break about ties to russia (conflicting response on those ties and lying by trump people--pattern)...next up the flynn deal ---shouldn't have to lay out all the repeated pattern to make the point---- in this case,  a truth comes out, but not voluntarily, and an NSA resigns after lying to a VP (at the very least) about it....then, we have the sessions deal, inc. the written question he lied on, and all the same patterns of different/changing stories from diff trumpets etc......and a recusal...then we also find out kushner/flynn met with the same guy...

now even within the context of normalcy for admin people to meet foreign officials and the inherent unlikelihood of some major conspiracy in play, this is a lot of real **** going down within the context of "russia stuff"  with all the dissembling, lying, secrecy, and faulty memories, especially given the backdrop that they all knew what's been in the news on all this since late last summer....

so what ARE the reasons for all this flapping around this one area of "russia" (and think of all the material  left unmentioned)...more than anything i'm just genuinely curious at this point :ols: