Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Just so I'm clear.  We are outraged that he lied UNDER OATH about this right?   Not just that he said he had no contact without a Russia?

hmm.  Under oath is important.  Now where do I remember that being so important regarding Govt  officials before......?   Hmmmmm

For me it's more a constant WTF? than outrage.  WTF is it with Donald Trump's weird obsession with Vladimir Putin? It is so bizarre and unyielding that there has to be some rationale behind it.  Then WTF is it with Russia purposefully interfering with the U.S. election in order to damage Hilary Clinton and boost the prospects of Donald Trump?  (Put aside the big WTF that a lying, ignorant huckster could be elected in the first place.)  Then there is the WTF that a foreign government hostile to the interests of the United States meddled in the most sacrosanct public symbol of our democracy, and the general reaction seems to be "meh." Then WTF is it that seemingly the entire Trump campaign team other than Kelly Ann Conway had contact with Russian officials right around the same time that the Russians are hacking the election? And WTF, that includes the Attorney General of the United States, who was PART OF TRUMP's CAMPAIGN TEAM, and people STILL think it's no big deal if he doesn't recuse himself from any Justice-involved investigation.

WTF?

• Like 5

Having listened to the tape and his full answer there is no doubt in my mind that he knowingly and intentionally lied. If he would have stopped at never talked about the campaign you could have some gray area. What he said was unambiguous unless you want to play major lawyerly games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Having listened to the tape and his full answer there is no doubt in my mind that he knowingly and intentionally lied. If he would have stopped at never talked about the campaign you could have some gray area. What he said was unambiguous unless you want to play major lawyerly games.

I'm admittedly lazy.  Is there a transcipt of it that someone can post?

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'm admittedly lazy.  Is there a transcipt of it that someone can post?

FRANKEN: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I'm telling you this about a news story that's just been published. I'm not expecting you to know whether or not it's true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, “Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say, quote, “There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.”

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/02/jeff-sessionss-denials-of-contact-with-russians-are-falling-apart-quickly/?utm_term=.bd8558f36bea

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

twa and kilmer in their yute

<staff delete of rule 11 violation and added to decade long list of twa and kilmer rule 12 violations for future use>

You need to check your mod priviledge.....

i'll repeat, jeff has the wiggle room for now it seems, even with the written question (because the sentence includes the phrase "about the campaign" in it) on a perjury deal...but it will be obvious to honest working brains everywhere he was trying to cover up and that will be propellent for ongoing

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'll repeat, jeff has the wiggle room for now it seems, even with the written question (because the sentence includes the phrase "about the campaign" in it) on a perjury deal...but it will be obvious to honest working brains everywhere he was trying to cover up and that will be propellent for ongoing

It kinda seems like he was ready for that question, and answered it in a perfect way to avoid perjury.  Which actually makes him look worse.

If he didnt know what was coming, and the background for what had happened, it's an easy answer- Yes. I spoke to the Russian ambassador on these days about these issues.

• Like 1

It was an odd exchange, because Franken did NOT ask Sessions if he had contact with Russian officials.  He posed a hypothetical... "if someone with the campaign had contact, what would you do?"  A pretty open ended question about how he would proceed with any investigation.  Instead, Sessions offered that he was considered by many to be part of the campaign and that he had no contact with Russian officials.

• Like 2

oooo...i've been hoping since hearing recent reports of steele having become frustrated in the past with the fbi not acting on what he was sure was good intel, and them dragging their feet on purpose...so i was hoping he'd turn up for more fun and adventures....in reality, i don't think bannon is more than a cheap knock-off machiavelli and a very smart guy (and in this culture that's all it took) but a fun thought i've had for awhile in my conspiracy play is drawn from old sci-fi stuff (i.e. Huxley/Orwell/Ellison/Dick) and it's where the big brother type become the secret crafters and shapers of all their own disasters, conflicts, and scandals themselves to provide what would occur naturally anyway, but under their control and steering to outcomes....so it's fun to think of all this as bannon convincing trump that the way both political/populist media (fox, rw radio, bartheads et al) and popular/populist tv (think of all the reality shows and their permeation and type) they could run this whole project from beginning to end <king?> as a scripted reality show perfect for their base's tastes and people who are just going along for the ride for now will "stay tuned" as long as it's exciting...hey wait....lol

13 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It kinda seems like he was ready for that question, and answered it in a perfect way to avoid perjury.  Which actually makes him look worse.

If he didnt know what was coming, and the background for what had happened, it's an easy answer- Yes. I spoke to the Russian ambassador on these days about these issues.

i smell that too, and if there really was any shiftiness of any kind occurring, they'd have to have been smart enough to plan ahead to how they'd cover it...altho the way flynn went down suggest typcial human incompetence in execution, jr. machiavelli think-tank commandos or not

still gonna be cautious on exaggerating the whole rooskie deal no matter how "obvious" it's seemed fo-evah.......hard to see it as a nothingburger for sure and expect to be taken seriously lol

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i smell that too, and if there really was any shiftiness of any kind occurring, they'd have to have been smart enough to plan ahead to how they'd cover it...

If this all comes to fruition and there was some large scale shadiness between Trump et all and the Russians, one of the most puzzling questions will be why Donald felt the need to throw a gas tanker on a dumpster fire with his non-stop simultaneous praise for Putin & disrespect of U.S. intelligence agencies.

and don just made it worse...says he didn't know sessions had talked to the ambassador and leaned it from the reports lol

same ambassador (or spy wrangler) flynn talked to that they didn't know

like maybe when the flynn deal went down, if it were a surprise, maybe you'd review all your other cabinet people to see if there's anything they haven't mentioned

credibility-r-us

• Like 1

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If this all comes to fruition and there was some large scale shadiness between Trump et all and the Russians, one of the most puzzling questions will be why Donald felt the need to throw a gas tanker on a dumpster fire with his non-stop simultaneous praise for Putin & disrespect of U.S. intelligence agencies.

that's has been widely considered as one reasonable argument (among others) as to why it's unlikely there is any serious conspiracy with russia

or maybe could be used in saying trump is/was unaware...maybe bannon's better than i think and is keeping things from him while working with others like flynn sessions etc, or maybe they have trump scripted to have (barely) plausible deniability if the rest have to go down for the cause...pick your ending  lol