Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

10 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

No country in europe is going to stop sharing intelligence over this. They need our military and our money to fight ISIS and they have more to lose in the immediate sense if isis grows stronger.

Well - look at that

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/european-official-to-ap-country-might-stop-sharing-intel-with-us-if-trump-gave-classified-info-to-russian-diplomats/2017/05/16/d0bd76fc-3a3a-11e7-a59b-26e0451a96fd_story.html?utm_term=.24b94bda97bd

• Like 1

BBC news had a guy on who said this puts intelligence agents in an impossible situation where they can't simultaneously inform the President and protect the country's security interests, both of which they are sworn to do.

This spells it out. Clock is ticking.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/05/16/trump-is-a-serious-threat-to-national-security-commentary.html

• Like 2

I'm curious how Fox News watchers feel about Fox not covering the story (calls for more Hillary investigations were on the front page for hours after this story broke).  Trump has admitted that he leaked the info.  Its not fake news.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

They don't care dude. They really don't give two ****s about anything except D & R. You know how much time & money & frenzied energy was spent on the whole email thing? Well it certainly wasn't because they care so much about classified information or carelessness with our intelligence.

The last little flicker of hope left that party months ago. And for what? For Donald ****ing Trump? The GOP is an infestation.

GOP's Theme Song

9 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I'm curious how Fox News watchers feel about Fox not covering the story (calls for more Hillary investigations were on the front page for hours after this story broke).  Trump has admitted that he leaked the info.  Its not fake news.

I am hoping there is a newsroom revolt. I can't imagine a lot of reporters, producers, and editors are feeling good about ignoring and not being part of a top news story. 

Fox right now is pushing a conspiracy that a DNC staffer was murdered because he was communicating with WikiLeaks. 

Despite the guys family saying that the conspiracy is baseless. But Fox don't care. They've gone full InfoWars.

I am sure that the rights downward spiral into the nutjob conspiracy wing is also somehow the liberals fault.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, haithman said:

eagerly awaiting the RedskinsMayne spin zone

Fingers crossed he attempted my mental re-imaging exercise and his head exploded. 

7 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Fox right now is pushing a conspiracy that a DNC staffer was murdered because he was communicating with WikiLeaks. 

Despite the guys family saying that the conspiracy is baseless. But Fox don't care. They've gone full InfoWars.

I am sure that the rights downward spiral into the nutjob conspiracy wing is also somehow the liberals fault.

Where's Jim Jones when you need him

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

53 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Here's some cynical icing on that Fox News cake.  There is nothing in the DNC staffer story that's particularly timely. It's something they've had in the hopper for awhile, just waiting for a time to publish.  Then, surprise, on the day after news comes out that Trump ****ed up royally, they release it as counterprogramming to blunt the news of Trump's careless idiocy. 

How much more callous can a news organization be?

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, codeorama said:

While it's nice to hope that there will be some epiphany of honor and truth that finally allows them to report on the situation as it is, we know better.

They will double down on it all, and try to sow as much dischord as they can.

No matter what happens..  if impeachment proceedings begin, they will deflect and blame the democrats, call them traitors,scream for the heads of leakers who are the spawn of the devil and are trying to subvert their president's attempts to lead.

When it all falls down, they will continue to blame democrats, and they will convince their audience that a great injustice has been done, regardless of how much comes out, which will be branded "fake'.. oh sorry... "FAKE".. 
Their followers won't give in, and will believe everything Fox tells them.

When it comes down, they will be convinced their republic has been stolen.

Fox will do nothing to dissuade them. They will then begin the campaign to canonize Mike Pence and make sure everyone knows that no matter how bad Trump compromised us or what the damages eventually are, it will be blamed on the democrats, and they will do what they can to dog whistle for revolt.. at the ballot box, or otherwise.

~Bang

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

And here's some cynical icing on that Fox News cake.  There is nothing in that story that's particularly timely. It's something they've had in the hopper for awhile, just waiting for a time to publish.  Then, surprise, on the day after news comes out that Trump ****ed up royally, they release it as counterprogramming to blunt the news of Trump's careless idiocy. 

How much more callous can a news organization be?

Watching them try their hardest to minimize or talk around every Trump story is interesting to watch.  

At the beginning of Fox and Friends this morning, even they were having a hard time with it and they'll excuse just about anything.  But their trick is to just not spend any time discussing it when they have nowhere to go, so after the first 10 minutes, they'll do some story about a cat up a tree or some such thing.

Tucker Carlson spent half the show talking about the ransomware attack.  Not an insignificant story, but this Trump story was blowing up at the time vs a 2 day old one.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Fox is not a news organization, they are a propaganda organization. If people didn't believe that in the past, they should now.

Good point.  I forgot to use quotation marks.  Let me try again...

How much more callous can a "news" organization be?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Good point.  I forgot to use quotation marks.  Let me try again...

How much more callous can a "news" organization be?

I think we are beyond callous. Fox is essentially state sponsored media now since Trump regularly pimps them out. 

This is all really sad to see play out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, codeorama said:

I have first hand experience with this. I can answer your question.

They think fox is covering it. They think everyone else is hung up on it and won't let it go.

Fox's coverage has been pretty much a defense of the administration, with how crooked Clinton is intertwined throughout.

It's depressing. 

• Like 3

I watched some of Fox's coverage last night. It approaches satire. Criticism of Fox News is not exaggerated...you'd be more informed by watching nothing.

This is the kind of story that most concerned me about Trump as President. It wasn't the racism, misogyny, xenophobia, etc that made me actually fear him. It's the lack of intelligence, nuance, sophistication... just a steady drip of completely avoidable mistakes that he doesn't even realize he's making. 

I mean, an American asset could easily have died from this. Who knows how many times Trump's already screwed up like this and we just don't know about it?

The response from the right on this is just disgusting. Focusing on Trump's idiocy being technically legal so that they don't have to accept that this guy simply should no longer be President. Have some ****ing integrity for once in your lives. 

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yup, more of the word games I was talking about earlier. Part of the headline is - lead detective ordered "not to pursue" investigation

No reasoning was ever given as far as I saw. Could have been as simple as - there is absolutely no evidence to warrant pursuing that line of investigation. If you watch fox news, they certainly aren't telling you.

McMasters seems to be going all in...or is being forced to. He is saying what Trump did was "wholly appropriate" and that it is the leaks that damage our national security, not a bumbling idiot disclosing super top secret intel to an adversarial foreign power. He's also trying to downplay the location portion of it, basically saying that everyone knows what areas ISIS controls so anyone could just pick a city and they might be correct.

This is pathetic.

• Like 2