Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

5 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Serious questions: do you ever stop and evaluate yourself? How often and why? Do you ever ponder why you feel certain ways and hold certain opinions? The origins of them? The motivations behind them?  How would you describe your levels of self-awareness and personal growth? 

Really not trying to take shots. I'm just curious about somethings. Mixture of personal and professional curiosity. If you prefer to PM me the answers, please feel free. 

Oh. I evaluate myself every day. I'm on this forum every day reading about how the world is going to end and magically waking the next day to see nothing important happened outside my window.  I mean, now that is a shocker.  I'm really just boiling this down to practicality. Does Russia knowing something about Isis affect america in the long term, Probably not. 

Asking me if i'm self aware is sort of pointless. If I am, I can't convince you. If i'm not, i've coninvced myself that I am. Hating what the other party is doing just because it's the other party doesn't make you self aware. Let me ask you a question, have you ever voted for a republican president?

11 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

Extremely short sighted.  What ally would continue to share intelligence with us if they don't have confidence that anything they share can't be held in confidence and would risk said allies assets.  You don't think that would be a problem? You don't think that's already becoming a problem?  What happens when that lack of intelligence sharing directly leads to another 9/11 style attack?  Would you care then? Or would you still be non plussed. 

Im not sure what you are saying. Do you believe England would stop sharing intelligence because of this leak? I don't. Do you think a country like pakistan or turkey which rely on US aid will stop sharing intelligence because of this leak?? I don't. I think most things you worry about never happen anyway.

No country in europe is going to stop sharing intelligence over this. They need our military and our money to fight ISIS and they have more to lose in the immediate sense if isis grows stronger.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

5 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Im not sure what you are saying. Do you believe England would stop sharing intelligence because of this leak? I don't. Do you think a country like pakistan or turkey which rely on US aid will stop sharing intelligence because of this leak?? I don't. I think most things you worry about never happen anyway.

I can't tell if you are serious.  That's exactly what could happen. If there is an ally,  who has sources in place who thinks by sharing information with the US will jeopardize those sources/assets, that information will stop flowing.  Again if you don't think that's a possibility, you are extremely short sighted. Perhaps the things we worry about never happen because that intelligence has been flowing freely to us.  Why would you be OK with ANYTHING that could possibly jeopardize that?  

Edited by Isifhan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

I fully believe it will diminish. We have pulled back from sharing everything we know with France and England because of fears they have been compromised by the Russians.

5 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

I can't tell if you are serious.  That's exactly what could happen. If there is an ally,  who has sources in place who thinks by sharing information with the US will jeopardize those sources/assets, that information will stop flowing.  Again if you don't think that's a possibility, you are extremely short sighted. 

Who is going to act on the intelligence they gather if not the unified states? Did you forget we provide the majority of military/monetary support in the fight against isis?

Just throwing this out there again before it gets lost. I am not saying it's a great thing to have happened, but it's not the end of the world either.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

Remember when Trump said "I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and people would still vote for me!"?  I think he was speaking specifically about voter RedskinsMayne.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm unsure if the article is talking about "disclosing" or "declassifying."  It says disclose, but one of the first quotes, from McFaul, talks about declassification.  Disclosing and declassifying are two different things, and the differences are important.  Republicans have been talking all night about the President's power to "declassify," and I haven't heard much on "disclosure" powers.  I'm not sure if that article makes a distinction.

There's also the layer that this intel came from another country, which adds more layers to it, I think there are limitations on the President if it's intel from a foreign power, as the article notes.

He supposedly disclosed information,and yes that is different than declassifying.

and he has the authority

The limit on it from the partner sharing intel is simply a agreement....and yes it could influence them or others from sharing.

but they usually share from need or for 

Edited by twa

Twa botbjust 

5 minutes ago, twa said:

He supposedly disclosed information,and yes that is different than declassifying.

and he has the authority

The limit on it from the partner sharing intel is simply a agreement....and yes it could influence them or others from sharing.

The twa bot just gave up.

• Like 2

Serious question to Trump supporters... can we at least admit, that what Trump did was astronomically stupid? I'm not asking about legality, or equivalency with Hillary and emails... I'm asking, is it smart for the President to declassify information that is sensitively given to us from an ally, and give that to the Russians? For no apparent strategic reason?

What are the costs and benefits of this? Because it seems the cost far outweighs any good this can do, so therefore it's stupid above all else. Is there ANYONE who wants to try and say this wasn't stupid WITHOUT bringing up emails or legality?

7 minutes ago, twa said:

and he has the authority

and he has the authority

The real question is, did he deliberately disclose Intel, or inadvertently due to a pathological need for agrandizement?

1 minute ago, Rskins91 said:

Serious question to Trump supporters... can we at least admit, that what Trump did was astronomically stupid? I'm not asking about legality, or equivalency with Hillary and emails... I'm asking, is it smart for the President to declassify information that is sensitively given to us from an ally, and give that to the Russians? For no apparent strategic reason?

What are the costs and benefits of this? Because it seems the cost far outweighs any good this can do, so therefore it's stupid above all else. Is there ANYONE who wants to try and say this wasn't stupid WITHOUT bringing up emails or legality?

Hard to say w/o knowing details,

I'm willing to believe stupid though.

I'm also willing to believe ya'll are freaking out as usual.:)

Just now, twa said:

How about being completely unfit for the job he is doing? Seems like a valid concern given the responsibilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

The real question is, did he deliberately disclose Intel, or inadvertently due to a pathological need for agrandizement?

we could waterboard him and find out.

Ya'll seem unconcerned about the leaking which is far from inadvertent.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

... the batteries have been replaced and twa-bot is back in operation...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, twa said:

Oh, I'm not freaking out. I read this story, rolled my eyes, and went about my day as usual.

That's the problem with Trump though. I'm almost numb to all the stupid **** that happens in this administration. Every week there's a new fire to put out. It has a real "bed of needles" effect on a person. 

8 minutes ago, twa said:

we could waterboard him and find out.

Ya'll seem unconcerned about the leaking which is far from inadvertent.

You suggested we were freaking out over nothing.  Maybe you believe Trump did this as part of some brilliant diabolical plan that will further the prospects of the  USA. MY guess due to the chaos among his administration is he is a man child who lacks self awareness. We will see which is which shortly.

• Like 1