Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Well if it didn't happen then I suppose all those specific details WaPo has are fake news, right?

And they could just publish them no problem, right?

So uh, anyone want to guess what would happen if WaPo published that stuff?

• Like 1

So i have been getting calls all night from "Cartholdink Sorvices with important myessich about craydit cart akount".

i think Trump gave them my phone number.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Somehow this is also the liberals fault. Insert comment about Hillary skipping Wisconsin. Real Americans!

I just saved zoony ten minutes of rage posting.

Also this story is nauseating. Even more nauseating is that the GOP continues to support this loon. 

Don't forget the "chicks with dicks!!!" That'll always be favorite zoony obsession. 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

If anything, I really hope this endless, ever-growing, ever-mutating cluster**** at least shows people how ****ing lame and petty the whole Hillary private server bull**** was.

Folks either got played and overreacted to the emails (or they were just shamelessly and embarrassingly full of **** the whole time) or they're a flat out hack that puts party over country and not reacting properly to this. That's the only two options. Cause this is so so so much worse

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

If anything, I really hope this endless, ever-growing, ever-mutating cluster**** at least shows people how ****ing lame and petty the whole Hillary private server bull**** was.

Folks either got played and overreacted to the emails (or they were just shamelessly and embarrassingly full of **** the whole time) or they're a flat out hack that puts party over country and not reacting properly to this. That's the only two options. Cause this is so so so much worse

Is it possible for someone to think the private server was wrong and she should have been punished AND think this current issue should get him removed from office in addition to all the dumb crap he has done?

Anyways, I'm actually only coming back to post in a political forum because I have a question.  We all probably know that POTUS can declassify anything so you would think Trump didn't do anything LEGALLY wrong that could get him removed.  My question is two parts.  Is there any process he has to legally follow to declassify something that he may have violated?  And if he "declassified" this and shared it with Russia, can he selectively declassify something and only share it with certain parties?  Or is it an all or nothing system where once he shares it, it becomes totally unclassified?  And before you respond, please tell us if you actually know what you are talking about or just making up your own rules out of hatred.  Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is it possible for someone to think the private server was wrong and she should have been punished AND think this current issue should get him removed from office in addition to all the dumb crap he has done?

Well, except maybe for the "and should be punished for it", you've just described my feelings on the matters.  

I've said since the beginning that IMO, the big problem with the whole "Hillary email" thing is that, IMO, the only possible reason for doing so, is so that she can destroy evidence if she decides to.  To me, it says that she entered office with a plan in place to destroy evidence if she wanted to.  

Although I tend to temper that opinion with the corresponding opinion that doing so seems to be SOP for all politicians, at all levels.  Which doesn't make it right, but it does somewhat temper my opinions of people getting too outraged over it.  

Anyways, I'm actually only coming back to post in a political forum because I have a question.  We all probably know that POTUS can declassify anything so you would think Trump didn't do anything LEGALLY wrong that could get him removed.  My question is two parts.  Is there any process he has to legally follow to declassify something that he may have violated?  And if he "declassified" this and shared it with Russia, can he selectively declassify something and only share it with certain parties?  Or is it an all or nothing system where once he shares it, it becomes totally unclassified?  And before you respond, please tell us if you actually know what you are talking about or just making up your own rules out of hatred.  Thanks.

Disclaimer:  my knowledge of the legality of classified info is virtually zero.  

But we do know, from the whole "Hillary email" thing that there actually is a procedure for SecState to create a script where they go over what is and isn't allowed to be said to representatives of foreign governments, before high level meetings are held.  The three emails on Hillary's server which were marked as classified were from such discussions.  

Supposedly, in the case of SecState, there's an entire group which will argue about which things will (or won't) be said.  the internal drafts of these talking points are classified Confidential.  the group haggles over various nits in the talking points until they decide they're done.  And then they declassify the final version.  (It is, after all, a document which sets forth which pieces we fully intend to give to the representatives of a foreign government.)  

(The previous drafts remain classified, because we do not want foreign governments to see the internal discussions of all the things that we decided not to tell them, or why we decided to tell or not tell, or similar things.)  

I would certainly hope that there's a similar procedure, before POTUS holds any contact with representatives of any foreign government.  (Particularly enemies.)  

(And would hope that such discussions are particularly important when we're dealing with, let's just say "a President like Trump".)  

Edited by Larry

@Larry or the record, I think she should have had a minimal punishment.  Maybe a fine and probation or something.  "Lock her up" is dumb.  But something to send a message that she isn't above the law.  

Ill wait for your edit for the question.  I did a fair bit of research but couldn't find much..  

I don't know if there's a formal process to declassify something.  It's generally not done willy nilly, but I don't believe there's any specific requirements for the President to fulfill.

As such, I don't believe that the President violated the law, unless the information was not actually declassified by him.

Which leads to the 2nd question, I do not believe the President can selectively declassify information for specific parties and not others.  While there can be approved dissemination of materials, classification, I believe, is sort of an on-off switch.  Specifically, once something is declassified it is subject to FOIA (and per a number of tweets, some organizations are already requesting the information through FOIA).  And that's the big thing.  The government need not should declassified information from the rooftops, but if the public asked for it the government must provide it, and only classification can block that.

But here's the fun part, between the very limited dissemination of the full transcript and the request that WaPo hold back the specifics, it doesn't sound like the information was "declassified."  It sounds very much like it's still classified.  If it was declassified by the President then there would be no need to limit transcript dissemination or request WaPo avoid publishing the info.

I think Trump has (or at least had) no idea he could declassify things as he wished.  That's just a retroactive explanation someone clever thought up to try and save face.  The President didn't, and hasn't, declassified anything, not willfully at least.

Of course, now everyone has to deal with the fallout, because either:

1. the government will act as though the information has indeed been declassified which means highly sensitive information will undoubtedly be made public because people will request it, as is their right; or

2. Trump didn't actually declassify it and therefore he leaked it.

Secrets about how we killed some terrorists in a country where we are working together to defeat isis. OH NO HE DIDNT! The D bag who leaked this should be a arrested.  We are going to have to work with other countries to defeat Isis. This is silly ****.

Edited by RedskinsMayne