Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

fun fact...mueller was with comey and rosenstein in the famous "hospital bed showdown" where they threatened to resign over conflict with shenanigans sought by Gonzales and Bushy re: interrogation techniques...if memory serves (update: it didn't 100%, and lingering doubt led me to check---it was eavesdropping/privacy) ..he is a repub (Mueller) but one with solid creds...

• Like 1

Hopefully, the special counsel will be given the independence and access to information to discover the full truth. Whether Trump is exonerated or hung by the evidence, we should all support an honest investigation... and hope that somehow we get one.

• Like 2

So Mueller met with Rosenstien the day after Comey was fired. It validates a little the suspicion I had that Ros was scapegoated a bit by trump and sessions with that letter of theirs. He's been making moves in the background with his closed door meetings with the senate. I think paving the way for him to get out of the firing line and away from the immediate pressure of trump trying to push him into things regarding this case by appointing a special counsel. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1

Another day of big news and amazingly I don't want to facepalm myself.

Good pick on Special Counsel.  Generally heard good things about the guy.  I trust he will handle this in an appropriate manner.

The Ryan-McCarthy thing seems interesting.  Depends on the tone they used, and then of course there still aren't consequences unless it can be shown they definitively knew Trump was getting paid by Putin, and even then consequences don't attach unless they violated some law, which at this moment I know of none.

Looks pretty damn bad for them though.

Doubly bad because they denied it and IMMEDIATELY got called out.

• Like 1

Hmmm, including Manafort and Flynn who were getting paid by Russia?  Also this concluding quickly nonsense seems unlikely and close to him suggesting/interfering with how they run the investigation.

Edited by visionary

becuase i still care about many of you, even the conspiracy nutzo, reactionary, he-she fixated, bubble-luvin lefties who are to blame for all this, i'll suggest you regularly remind yourself that this could all come out where trump ends up guilty of nothing illegal or impeachable...that is a possibility and, with Mueller operating in this manner and assuming no future glaring wtf's that undermine it,  you might have to choose how much like benghazi boneheads and clinton murder list loopys you want to be.....

not that i think it will go that way

running an eval on don, i'd pretty much figure he's done innumerable illegal and impeachable things since taking office and numerous illegal activities before...seems as obvious as anything could be...it's a matter of finding and presenting evidence that busts him, and that's something he's become a world-class expert on avoiding, and has long had world class experts from legal to financial to cyber security to help him...but he is also amazingly stupid at times (not just in the ill-informed, delusional or arrogant sense, either)...so this is another chapter in the world's biggest reality tv show...this chapter is sort of like a big contest...will don get away with it with all his helpers and troops (which now appears to include Kelly and maybe mcmasters) or will be he get busted!...exciting adventures and fun characters....as the world burns heh heh heh

btw...ya knew he was gonna do it...but the big orange chicken **** whined his wimpy pale bloated ass off in front of the Coast Guard grads today...bout how the media is so mean to him and how unfair life can be....meanwhile another victim of that same unfair life, ivanka, held a heavyweight group meeting photo/business op at WH as official US gov representative of human trafficking....  whatever.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Mueller makes regular appearances on foxnews

And yet he gets glowing approvals from Eric Holder and Preet Bharara. Not sure a better choice could have been made.

Although it would have been hilarious if he chose Comey.

• Like 5