Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

24 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

"Reporting errors" :rofl89:

So that's what we're calling failure to disclose being a paid agent for foreign governments these days. Because before it was called treason. 

Nah it's just Alternate Treason

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: Says Putin pays Trump.

Speaker Paul Ryan: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

This week both Ryan and McCarthy denied this ever happened.... Before being confronted with a recording.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.44c18de12f6a

This could for real be the piece that puts all of them under. The Post messed this up though. They should have never told them they had a recording until they went public with it....inviting Ryan and McCarthy to publicly lie through their teeth before the recording dropped. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, twa said:

we have had Comey, Rosenstien and McCabe testify to congess there has been no interference in the investigation...and all three testified after the Comey meeting with Trump.

Since then, Trump has fired the FBI director and publicly said that it was because of the investigation. So sure, no interference when they testified in congress. But he changed the game firing the guy that was running it. 

We will see what Comey says when he testifies again. 

55 minutes ago, twa said:

What do ya'll think Flynn or Trump are guilty of?

we have had Comey, Rosenstien and McCabe testify to congess there has been no interference in the investigation...and all three testified after the Comey meeting with Trump.

No interference in the investigation is different than attempted interference in the investigation. 

Everyone in the WH being bad at this doesn't mean that they haven't actually tried.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twa said:

I look forward to it, has he accepted either of the requests?

I dont think he has but he has requested to do so publicly. I assume he will at some point. Dudes sense of timing is really the only thing you cant trust about him lol

Edited by Llevron

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

No interference in the investigation is different than attempted interference in the investigation. 

Everyone in the WH being bad at this doesn't mean that they haven't actually tried.

Do you think Obama attempted interfering in the Clinton investigation?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447710/donald-trump-obstruction-justice-james-comey-russia

Re the Ryan-McCarthy exchange:  

Just unformed personal opinion, but I really don;t think it's believable that it's nearly as big as people want it to be.  

No, I don;t think that Ryan and McCarthy both know for a fact that Trump is being paid by Russia, and they're cool with that and smiling about it, because, Republican.  And then when a reporter asked about it, they both knew it to be true, and lied, until reporter produced proof, and then they both went to a different lie.  

I think it's much more likely that the truth is:  

1)  It was a joke.  

2)  After chuckling at the joke, they moved on.

3)  They forgot about it.   

4)  Reporter asks about it, and they say it didn't happen, because they don;t remember making the joke.  

5)  They hear the tape, and they say "Oh, that?  That was a joke, dummy!"  

I'm not exactly a right-wing apologist, here.  And I've got some really evil opinions about Ryan.  

But I'm not buying this particular conspiracy theory.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

1)  It was a joke.  

4)  Reporter asks about it, and they say it didn't happen, because they don;t remember making the joke.  

I'm not exactly a right-wing apologist, here.  And I've got some really evil opinions about Ryan.  

Then whats the point of Ryan specifically asking for the to be no leaks and saying that the convo was off the record? 

A joke I can get. Saying that no one should talk about it and then saying it never happened until you are caught I do not. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

Good to see Cheeto Benito back to his old tweeting self......as we all knew he would be.

lol @ "special councel"

Good thing, they are reduced to talking about Tim Allens tv show being cancelled in the other thread :ols:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Then whats the point of Ryan specifically asking for the to be no leaks and saying that the convo was off the record? 

A joke I can get. Saying that no one should talk about it and then saying it never happened until you are caught I do not. 

I tend to agree with Larry on this one.

i think the reason you try to keep it quiet is to avoid the flurry of accusations and conspiracies. It may have been a joke, not all jokes are meant to be knee-slappers, and some of them you know can come back and bite you in the ass by being mis-interpreted by people who are tasting blood.

Now, he could have laughed it off and not done the whole denial thing, because being busted in a lie puts egg on his face and emboldens the ones who look for threads to pull.

but he did, and now has to deal with the fallout as a result. I don't feel sorry for him over it, but i don't think it's anything insidious. At the time, they may have been trying to derail his campaign themselves, knowing how difficult the road ahead would become with Trumplestiltskin representing them as the head of the party.

~Bang

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Re the Ryan-McCarthy exchange:  

Just unformed personal opinion, but I really don;t think it's believable that it's nearly as big as people want it to be.  

No, I don;t think that Ryan and McCarthy both know for a fact that Trump is being paid by Russia, and they're cool with that and smiling about it, because, Republican.  And then when a reporter asked about it, they both knew it to be true, and lied, until reporter produced proof, and then they both went to a different lie.  

1)  It was a joke.  

Yeah, this. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Realistically speaking you guys are probably right. I am that consumer "looking for blood" at this point, honestly. 

Most of us are, because we know it's there.

But to use the 'blood in the water' analogy,, sometimes it's chum, and there's hooks in there.

those who do fake news for profit or national instability find easy pickings when we get to fever pitches, as we saw played out to major effect on the perpetually angry and fearful average GOP.

~Bang

• Like 2

good morning vietnam 

re: the mccarthy/ryan joke/dialogue about "putin paying trump and rorhbach", made last june---while just one of the many passing trivial stories that in other times would play bigger (not implying it is big, but is so fittingly representative of a SAD! norm) i know a few of you will appreciate taking a moment to share it's excellence

what i snarkle at (that's a snarky chuckle--i made that up---i'm much better at that than trump) is the "steps" of the auto-lie settings...

1. the reporters tell both the mccarthy and ryan office/spox the comments they're going to print. 
2. both offices deny the comments were made.
3. the reporters tell them they have transcripts from the meeting.
4. both offices spox say they were in the room, it never happened, and the transcripts are fake
5. the reporters tell the spox they listened to tapes that were made of the event, with other witnesses, and they have the recording.
6. both offices switch to the "it was just a joke" response, admitting it happened.

awesome sauce

not a big event, just a reflection of who these people are at heart....constant liars, among other things...and while the "it's just typical" and "both sides do that stuff" is right on , though it's usually used in self-serving hypocritical fashion by the  basic partisan message board poster, this little gem is just such a well-detailed  snapshot of the veracity of so many of our beloved political leaders and their spokespeople...they should just change the job title from spokesperson to lieperson
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Jokes often allude to the realities of the moment. 

Yes, they do.  

But does the joke allude to knowledge that Trump is actually getting paid by Russia?  Or to "gee, the liberal media sure is all hot to trot about Trump being a Russian spy, aren't they?"  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yes, they do.  

But does the joke allude to knowledge that Trump is actually getting paid by Russia?  Or to "gee, the liberal media sure is all hot to trot about Trump being a Russian spy, aren't they?"  

Given the inclusion of Rohrabacher I think it refers to Trump's well documented and very odd affinity for Russia.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/putin-congress-rohrabacher-trump-231775

• Like 1