Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I'll go with the nastiest thing on Earth:  a slug. 

Don't know anything about it's mental or useful properties...just know every once in a while they show up, they're extremely ugly, each event gets one of those little "Yikes" screams, and I wish it would never happen again.

But it does.

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

Im thinking vagina and butthole, respectively

ya know, lately I've been dwelling on an untoward lack of distinction between your posts and trump tweets, but that is a strong suggestion...

(remember I don't live where i used to---no point tee-peeing the people living there now) 

So are the Rs basically going to use Mueller as a shield against having to actually do their own oversight now in the Senate and the House?

"Well, we want to make sure we don't accidentally *snicker* interfere with his investigation so we won't be touching on that"

Will they still have Comey testify?

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

You know exactly where this is going. See those quotes in the WH's response? That means they can try and say "well, he never said the country", or "he wasn't technically doing it secretly" or some such nonsense when trying to defend their denial of the story once they're proven to be lying.

JUST IN: WH calls NYT report that Flynn & his lawyers told Trump transition team he was under federal investigation "flat wrong."

These kinds of statements probably don't do the White House any good as they can be fairly easily disproven.  It is possible the NYTs got it wrong or their sources lied to them, but the WH has been caught wrong-footed so often in recent days, my guess is this denial will be met with a factual accounting that makes them look stupid.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

You know exactly where this is going. See those quotes in the WH's response? That means they can try and say "well, he never said the country", or "he wasn't technically doing it secretly" or some such nonsense when trying to defend their denial of the story once they're proven to be lying.

the obvious one is he was not working for Turkey

4 minutes ago, twa said:

the obvious one is he was not working for Turkey

That'd be a shock to Turkey. Flynn would owe them a hell of a lot of money for accepting payment without any intention of rendering services.

i was watching good ole jim jordan, r, teapartier, dissing mueller for not being on top of the irs attacking xtians/conserv groups when asked about him (saying he wasn't impressed based on this interaction)....and he went into supporting don and being skeptical of comey and that memo and said he wants to see memos from any dealing with---and here he rattles off a long list of Clinton fixations, the hit parade from whitewater to lynch on the tarmac etc etc...so many of "them" are so sickly absorbed with clinton...and it's (all things clinton) fielded as such a stupidly lame counter 90% of the time...

• Like 1

The Rs have been absolutely obsessed with anything Clinton ever since the day Bill took the White House. It has been non-stop obsession ever since...whether it was Bill, Hillary, Bill and Hillary, sometimes Chelsea. It seems like an honest to god addiction. That or just a soothing balm to be applied whenever reality might rear up in a way they don't like and slap them in the face.

"But Hillary....."            *ahhh feels so much better....all the pain is gone*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

The Rs have been absolutely obsessed with anything Clinton ever since the day Bill took the White House. It has been non-stop obsession ever since...whether it was Bill, Hillary, Bill and Hillary, sometimes Chelsea. It seems like an honest to god addiction. That or just a soothing balm to be applied whenever reality might rear up in a way they don't like and slap them in the face.

"But Hillary....."            *ahhh feels so much better....all the pain is gone*

Yeah, and the Rs have the nerve to talk about witch hunts with dozens and dozens of Senate Hearings, House investigations, 10s to 100's of millions spent. Special investigators, Independent investigators and they never found anything other than perjury about Bill having an affair. Meanwhile, you have Trump who just this year had to settle Trump U because the fraud case was overwhelming, you have guys being forced from office, and countless cases of clear and obvious conflict of interest, not to mention the thumbing their nose at the emoluments clause, etc.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, and the Rs have the nerve to talk about witch hunts with dozens and dozens of Senate Hearings, House investigations, 10s to 100's of millions spent. Special investigators, Independent investigators and they never found anything other than perjury about Bill having an affair. Meanwhile, you have Trump who just this year had to settle Trump U because the fraud case was overwhelming, you have guys being forced from office, and countless cases of clear and obvious conflict of interest, not to mention the thumbing their nose at the emoluments clause, etc.

Just a reminder that Whitewater was a $60 million dollar investigation into a $300k real estate loan that discovered...a header.

• Like 3

I see a revolving door of lawyers that Trump consults, because they know he's lying (Trump's mouth moves), and they don't want to suborn perjury. 

I'm willing to bet that Comey has very detailed CYA memos for every meeting and phone call with Trump.

• Like 1