Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is what it was always going to come down to for them. "Do you have a video proof of Donald Trump asking Putin to hack the DNC and help him win the election? No, i thought so. Zero collusion found."

Even if a there was a literal recording of a meeting between Trump and Putin where Trump openly said he wanted Putin's help it wouldn't matter to the Trumpbarts. They would just say it's fake and doctored and dismiss it out of hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Even if a there was a literal recording of a meeting between Trump and Putin where Trump openly said he wanted Putin's help it wouldn't matter to the Trumpbarts. They would just say it's fake and doctored and dismiss it out of hand. 

Helsinki was all anyone would need to see. I was pretty convinced about Trump and Putin long before that day, but after that meeting and press conference I've gone ahead and assumed that we are Russia now. They might as well call us the United States Soviet Republic. I wish I were kidding.

Edited by Chachie

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have been thinking this all day.  This Manafort news is huge and pretty much the smoking gun evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia which shoots a hole right "nothingburger" crowd's claim that there was nothing found.  Kind of suck that they burried the lead but this story is not going anywhere, it's just the start.

Especially after the speech from last night was something Trump didn't want to do. I think he thought, well at least this will squash the Mueller news that's coming. 

5 hours ago, Chachie said:

Anybody else remember when Larry the Cable Guy used to come on 98 Rock in Baltimore and his tagline was, "What the Hell is this? Russia?"

Yyyyeeaaahhh....

My favorite radio station for a reason. Oh, and Extreme's "It's A Monster" while waiting for a flight at Dulles. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chachie said:

Helsinki was all anyone would need to see. I was pretty convinced about Trump and Putin long before that day, but after that meeting and press conference I've gone ahead and assumed that we are Russia now. They might as well call us the United States Soviet Republic. I wish I were kidding.

Withdrawal from Syria seems to have been the straw that broke a lot of general's backs. 

I'm tempted to list the endorsement of Russia's conquering of the Ukraine, although we pretty much gave them that under Obama. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Honestly, I'm beginning to think the shutdown is Putin's too.

I been thought that. There is a sanction that will come off the books for a particular Russian oligarch - The names I dont have but ill look - that is suspected of being involved with the Trump Moscow thing if it lasts over a month. 

Now, I dont think Trump has the nads to do it. But if he waits that long and that sanction comes off the books because no congress to vote for it then we make a funding deal.....I feel like most will notice and it will be a big ****ing deal.  

Ill see if I can find that info so I know i didnt make it up in a drunken tirade. 

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I been thought that. There is a sanction that will come off the books for a particular Russian oligarch - The names I dont have but ill look - that is suspected of being involved with the Trump Moscow thing if it lasts over a month. 

Now, I dont think Trump has the nads to do it. But if he waits that long and that sanction comes off the books because no congress to vote for it then we make a funding deal.....I feel like most will notice and it will be a big ****ing deal.  

Ill see if I can find that info so I know i didnt make it up in a drunken tirade. 

I don't think his nads have anything to do with it. Putin tells him to do stuff, he does it. Courage and consideration be damned.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Dems are having a secure hearing with Steve mnuchin today to investigate why they are easing sanctions on Oleg deripaska

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this Manafort news is only useful if they can show Trump knew/ordered it, correct?  At least when considering the ultimate goal of nailing Trump.  I think we all "know" Trump was in on it.  But it isn't what you know, it's what you can prove.

(where is our ES house counsel? @PleaseBlitz)

Yes but Trump does not have to be directly involved, just as Nixon never broke into Watergate,  to be in trouble.   This certainly puts in play Trump orchestrating a cover up and obstruction which I kind of always felt was the case all along. The firing of Comey alone looked like obstruction to me.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The firing of Comey alone looked like obstruction to me.  

Looked like it to Comey, too. That's why he hade sure to document it, and to spread around his notes. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this Manafort news is only useful if they can show Trump knew/ordered it, correct?  At least when considering the ultimate goal of nailing Trump.  I think we all "know" Trump was in on it.  But it isn't what you know, it's what you can prove.

(where is our ES house counsel? @PleaseBlitz)

Not necessarily.  Meaning, Trump doesn't have to know about/order every specific action Manafort did in order to be liable for it.  If Trump and Manafort were knowingly engaged in a conspiracy to illegally influence the election, Trump could still potentially get nailed for things Manafort did to advance that conspiracy, even if Trump didn't know about or order a specific action.  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not necessarily.  Meaning, Trump doesn't have to know about/order every specific action Manafort did in order to be liable for it.  If Trump and Manafort were knowingly engaged in a conspiracy to illegally influence the election, Trump could still potentially get nailed for things Manafort did to advance that conspiracy, even if Trump didn't know about or order a specific action.  

I swear...I read that in Sam Waterston's voice. It went up in pitch at the end and he actually ran his hand thru his hair. 

Bless you & what you do. All ****in day long. 😻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3