Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's never going to happen. The sad reality is that they are too afraid of his base to act, which is hilarious because with Trump out of the picture, who are these morons going to vote for? 

Who they shoot (remember, they're the bulletnutz)...that's what I worry about. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

"At one point" meaning "when a Democrat was in the White House"?

Guessing he meant last time he was AG under Bush.

Or who knows, coulda been Jan 20, 2017 at 11:59pm and then poofed away.   I put nothing past these bozos.

But I feel like him not knowing this stuff isn't exactly, um, good.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Guessing he meant last time he was AG under Bush.

Or who knows, coulda been Jan 20, 2017 at 11:59pm and then poofed away.   I put nothing past these bozos.

But I feel like him not knowing this stuff isn't exactly, um, good.

And I read that he's not at all up to speed on the emoluments clause. 

SERIOUSLY? You're gonna tell me that I know more than the person nominated for AG? 

I need to hang a shingle outside my restaurant. 🙄

Gregory Hines would've been astounded and jealous of the technique Barr used to tapdance like a mother****er at that hearing.

Try as he might to give reassuring answers that nasty truth just kept wiggling out around the edges, no ethics questions or recusals or precedent or black letter law is going to stand in the way of him serving Trump & Co. the way they want, the way they hired him to do.

I tend towards the catastrophic a lot of the time, I still believe we going to have to have a Nuremburg 2.0 broadcast in HiDef and a denazification program along the lines that Germany did in response to the cosmic ****storm that is going to break when the truth comes out about just how deep the rot runs in the Republican Party, and how long they have been compromised by Russian/Saudi/Chinese money funneled to them through the NRA, Evangelicals, etc..

And I am pissed but not bit surprised that 42 Senate Rs cast a pro-Putin vote on the sanctions.

• Sad 2

Lots of mixed signals on the Barr hearing.  Here is one from the Post arguing that Barr's confirmation was an affirmation of the Mueller investigation and that Trump should be terrified.  I didn't watch the hearing, so I have no idea what to think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-would-william-barr-take-this-job-the-answer-should-alarm-trump/2019/01/15/be6966ba-190d-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html?utm_term=.1d505490a7ca

Why would William Barr take this job? The answer should alarm Trump.

It was William P. Barr’s confirmation hearing. But it was Robert S. Mueller III’s affirmation hearing.

President Trump had nominated Barr to be his new attorney general to shield him from Mueller’s hoax of a rigged witch hunt. But Barr spent much of his seven-hour confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday lavishing praise on his future boss’s tormentor. And Republicans, for the most part, didn’t defend Trump — and occasionally joined in the Mueller veneration.

Barr described declining an earlier request to join Trump’s legal defense team, saying, “I didn’t want to stick my head into that meat grinder.” He recalled telling Trump at the time that “Bob is a straight shooter and should be dealt with as such.”

Regarding his “good friend” of three decades, Barr vowed unequivocally: “On my watch, Bob will be allowed to finish his work.” If ordered to fire Mueller without cause, he said, “I would not carry out that instruction.”

And what if Trump’s lawyers attempt to edit the Mueller report, as has been threatened? “That will not happen.” Barr warned that the president’s interference in cases involving himself and his associates could be unconstitutional or criminal. He even qualified his earlier memo criticizing parts of the Mueller investigation, saying, “I had no facts.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

And I read that he's not at all up to speed on the emoluments clause. 

SERIOUSLY? You're gonna tell me that I know more than the person nominated for AG? 

I need to hang a shingle outside my restaurant. 🙄

He's not up on  a number of issues that are topical right now. You can bet he'll be confirmed though. People should consider that if you elect a corrupt person president you get his choices for administration too.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone forgot that Trump's strange affinity for Putin isn't just weird, it is a legitimate national security threat.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2019/01/16/daily-202-from-brexit-to-nato-and-the-shutdown-putin-is-winning-so-much-he-might-get-tired-of-winning/5c3eb0a71b326b3b88fef0a0/?utm_term=.cbf8a5c99d7b

From Brexit to NATO and the shutdown, Putin is winning so much he might get tired of winning

THE BIG IDEA: With the British Parliament’s lopsided rejection of Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit plan and the U.S. partial government shutdown dragging into its 26th day, the two oldest and most important Western democracies are simultaneously mired in utter political chaos with no obvious way out.

Against the backdrop of the American withdrawal from Syria and President Trump’s musings about pulling out of NATO, it adds up to a strategic bonanza for Vladimir Putin and his vision of a revanchist Russia.

We don’t know exactly how much Moscow spent supporting influence operations to impact the U.K. and U.S. elections in 2016, but it seems hard to overstate how good the Kremlin’s return has been on what Western intelligence agencies believe was a relatively modest investment.

Because of their fealty to Trump, many conservative platforms have become less outspoken about the threat posed by Russia since Barack Obama left office. Fox News host Tucker Carlson devoted an entire segment on his show last night to questioning the value of NATO. He wondered aloud why the United States should commit resources to safeguard “the territorial integrity of Estonia.” Backing up Trump, Carlson wondered: “Does the average American know we're on the hook for this?”

Much more at link.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1