Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

I'm sorry but I just don't think the team up and decided to give Jay an extension so the focus would come off of McCloughan. That is so ridiculously far-fetched that it's almost not even worth acknowledging. This had to be a deal they've been working on for awhile. 

11 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I would have to assume that if he took the Skins' "Big Board" to the Cowboys, you could sue him back to the Stone Age.

At the same time, he ain't going nowhere until the summer at the earliest.

He wouldn't have to give specific information necessarily, the knowledge itself would be huge

Per Rotoworld...

Mike Jones seems to believe Redskins president Bruce Allen used NFL Network's Ian Rapoport as a mouthpiece to spread the rumor as a misinformation tactic with the Redskins embroiled in front-office drama. Ultimately, the Redskins decided giving Jay Gruden a two-year extension would be better P.R. "Bruce was like, alright we gotta do something because my fake Ian Rapoport Redskins three-way trade thing didn't work to change the story." Jones suggested the Redskins are now seen as so dysfunctional NFL agents are wary of their players signing with Washington because they're unaware of who's in charge. GM Scot McCloughan did not attend the Combine and is expected to be let go after April's draft.

I love my Redskins but this is outta control. Snyder has to step in, as much as we all hate how controlling he has appeared. 

9 minutes ago, redrobert said:

I love my Redskins but this is outta control. Snyder has to step in, as much as we all hate how controlling he has appeared. 

Dan needs to step in and fire Allen, that guy is the common denominator to all problems in the organization.

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dan needs to step in and fire Allen, that guy is the common denominator to all problems in the organization.

I'm lukewarm at best on Allen, but is he really the common denominator to all the problems win the organization?? Things were going pretty horribly before he showed up too. If you want to go by numbers, we've had 3 winning seasons in the 7 he's been here. Not great, but head and shoulders better than the previous years (Gibbs aside). 

*Sigh*

People here can bash the media all they want.  But the team is like the teenager who shows up to prom in a leisure suite.  Sure, you can hope that the other kids don't make fun of him, but in the end, you recognize that he probably should have thought about that when he picked out his outfit.

Yes, the DC media is bad with their speculation, but did you really expect anything different with the way the team has mishandled recent situations (given the Snyder track record of dysfunction)?

34 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Per Rotoworld...

Mike Jones seems to believe Redskins president Bruce Allen used NFL Network's Ian Rapoport as a mouthpiece to spread the rumor as a misinformation tactic with the Redskins embroiled in front-office drama. Ultimately, the Redskins decided giving Jay Gruden a two-year extension would be better P.R. "Bruce was like, alright we gotta do something because my fake Ian Rapoport Redskins three-way trade thing didn't work to change the story." Jones suggested the Redskins are now seen as so dysfunctional NFL agents are wary of their players signing with Washington because they're unaware of who's in charge. GM Scot McCloughan did not attend the Combine and is expected to be let go after April's draft.

Oh, cool. Mike Jones seems to believe something. Im not really sure what Snyder can do that hasn't already been done by the team. All of this has been addressed.

If the media wants to run with their own version of the facts, so be it, but the Redskins owe them nothing else. Eventually, they can either choose to be actual professionals, or, if there is indeed something there, present actual proof of their claims.

If the Redskins were clearly as dysfunctional right now as they claim, proof should be pretty easy to come by. Yet they don't even have a  confirmed source from within the organization (those used yo be awesome), which at one point, were a near daily occurrence.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If the Redskins were clearly as dysfunctional right now as they claim, proof should be pretty easy to come by. Yet they don't even have a  confirmed source from within the organization (those used yo be awesome), which at one point, were a near daily occurrence.

You're not gonna get a confirmed source from inside Redskins Park on a sensitive story like this.  

29 minutes ago, RedBeast said:

GMSM is a hell of a resource, that this team desperately needs...If any of this is true? I hope we find a way to keep him in some capacity and I feel really bad for him

I think Scott should be let go.  He obviously has personal problems.

He should get the help he needs.  

There are many available NFL-personnel people out there who can scout players and feed the data to Jay (and without drama).     

This Board has demonstrated that picking players is not rocket science.

Many of the Fans on this Forum can do at least as well as Scotty.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

You're not gonna get a confirmed source from inside Redskins Park on a sensitive story like this.  

My bad, I meant source in general (anonymous). All the "inside source" quotes I've seen so far have denied this.

Before, back when the organization was indeed in chaos under Shanghai Mike, there were leaks all over the place.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Why does anybody lie about anything?  Wouldn't be the first time somebody lied for no reason.

So now Jones is on the list of negative reporters.

Jones has been on that list for a long time.  He does write for the WaPo.

So you ask the question "why" someone lies, but then pretend people lie for no reason.  Thats absurd.  People dont lie for no reason.  Nobody has ever lied for no reason.  They lie for a very specific reason, or group of reasons, usually resolving around they want something, or to avoid something, and a lie will get them what they want.

What reason do the Redskins have to lie in the case they are parting ways with someone they dont like?  If someone can come up with one, they might have a point.  You just have absurdity.

If any of this is true on Bruce's part...he must be fired! Not because of doing anything wrong, but just the fact that he thought it would be a good idea to throw out the idea of a three way trade for Romo to divert the attention away from GMSM. This is the definition of incompetence and leadership. It's frustrating to think we have folks in leadership roles that think this way. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh, cool. Mike Jones seems to believe something. Im not really sure what Snyder can do that hasn't already been done by the team. All of this has been addressed.

If the media wants to run with their own version of the facts, so be it, but the Redskins owe them nothing else. Eventually, they can either choose to be actual professionals, or, if there is indeed something there, present actual proof of their claims.

Yea, I think a lot of this from the local media is butthurt over giving Keim the Jay Gruden extension scoop and Bruce Allen going outside the local media to answer combine questions.

12 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

It's amazing. Year after year, you continue to be wrong about just about everything you say. I think we could find the answers to the mysteries of the universe if we just believed the opposite of whatever you believe. You're like a wrongness barometer. 

2 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

If any of this is true on Bruce's part...he must be fired! Not because of doing anything wrong, but just the fact that he thought it would be a good idea to throw out the idea of a three way trade for Romo to divert the attention away from GMSM. This is the definition of incompetence and leadership. It's frustrating to think we have folks in leadership roles that think this way. 

I may be wrong, but I think Jones was just kidding about Allen making up the Romo trade to deflect interest from SM.  If anything, the trade story highlighted how important it is to have a fully functional GM in place.

Just now, theTruthTeller said:

I may be wrong, but I think Jones was just kidding about Allen making up the Romo trade to deflect interest from SM.  If anything, the trade story highlighted how important it is to have a fully functional GM in place.

When I read the rotoworld comments, I got that sense myself. I could almost hear him laughing while saying it.

I do think he believes the Redskins announced the Jay contract for PR as much as anything. But I just can't see him making that kind of accusation and leaving it out there.

16 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

This Board has demonstrated that picking players is not rocket science.

You've been long enough on this board to know that it's entirely false.

Seriously? You've seen this fanbase? Mike Jones or Chris Russell farts and they start panicking! Most wouldn't sign Kirk more than 8M/year or give DJax a 5M contract and wonder why he'll laugh at them...

And I'm still not talking the 2015 Draft.

Archived