Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

51 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What did he report to be true?

We don't know yet. But what if what he said we later find out to be true?  You have been jumping him pretty good for making reports that we can not confirm at this point in time.  But if at a later date his report turned out to be accurate you should acknowledge that. But something tells me you just aren't wired that way.

20 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

I wonder who Jsteelz is talking to that nobody else is?...

From the Scot M feed on twitter, everybody and their mother is turning Mike Jones' comments on the radio into their own articles. I thought PFT was the only ones who did that lol...

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

We don't know yet. But what if what he said we later find out to be true? 

lol..ok, what did he say?

I don't care if Scot stays or goes. More why he would stay or go. 

-Are they blamming him for not signing Kirk and a bad FA track record?

-Are they 100% commited to Kirk and Scot isnt?

-Did Allen made a power move to gaan controle?

-Did he get back to his bad habits?

-Didnt he see eye to eye with Danny?

Reasons to keep him

-Players seems to love him

-We are headed in right direction (if it aint broken don't fix it)

-Our draft picks seem to make more sense

-The man is bad ass 

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who cares. Scot **** the bed last year. The Kirk situation couldnt of been handled worse. Gruden should of gotten his extension at the beginning of the off-season before a DC search.

He's got a good history of picking players and almost our entire team was a hole to fill two years ago. Maybe it was Scot, maybe it was making the decision to start Kirk over Bob that gave us success.

I'm glad I wont have to hear football players described as football players again. That's ****ing annoying. 

Without him we'd probably have drafted Williams and taken a guard in the second round like any other ****ing club would have.

No Scot went with the BPA on his board and it was right decision. there were alot of questions about Leonard Williams shoulder. The Skins couldn't afford take the risk on Williams.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who cares. Scot **** the bed last year. The Kirk situation couldnt of been handled worse. Gruden should of gotten his extension at the beginning of the off-season before a DC search.

He's got a good history of picking players and almost our entire team was a hole to fill two years ago. Maybe it was Scot, maybe it was making the decision to start Kirk over Bob that gave us success.

I'm glad I wont have to hear football players described as football players again. That's ****ing annoying. 

Without him we'd probably have drafted Williams and taken a guard in the second round like any other ****ing club would have.

Have to disagree.  Do you really think Bruce and Dan wanted to extend Kirk last season, and would have done so, if only Scot didn't stop them?  Scot was never the ultimate decision maker on the Kirk situation. 

Maybe it was Kirk more than Scot, but we know that Kirk was throwing out picks like candy in the 2014 season.  Largely because he didn't have time to sit in the pocket.  It took Scot coming here and focus on building up the OL (Lavaou and Scherff, and then we got lucky with Moses) for Kirk to start playing like a franchise QB. 

People can crap on the Scherff pick all they want, but it was the necessary move if we truly wanted to see if we had a franchise QB on our roster.

Just now, bh32 said:

I don't think it really matters if Scot is fired...He really hasn't drafted well or signed FA's that have made a difference..

That's fine. As long as it doesn't become the Snyder and Allen show. 

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's not about "made-up stories". It's about preferring to throw as much speculation out there as possible as quickly as possible in lieu of taking more time and digging up some facts first. It's about making a story into a speculationathon, which by definition will lead to chaos and confusion, then claiming the chaos and confusion is a result not of too much speculation but of team dysfunction...then topping it off with blaming the team for the press speculating so wildly.

I said this a long time ago about Sheehan on his radio show...back when we were rumored to be wanting Mariota in the draft. He starts saying basically the following about RG3 to whoever was his host partner back then:

"You know, if Griffin starts saying he feels disrespected by the Redskins wanting to draft Mariota, my god, just shut up and earn the spot. Stop acting like it should be handed to you...if you can't stand the competition you'll never become an NFL quarterback. So if I could, I would tell Griffin to stop talking and whining to the press and in his tweets, and just shut up and play!! My god..."

His on air partner noticed what I noticed and interrupted Sheehan to remind him and the audience: "Just to be fair, Griffin hasn't said one word about any of this or about Mariota..."

Sheehan's response? "No, but come on, you knowww what he's thinking, you knowww how he feels..."

Sheehan was arguing an imagined scenario and responding to it as if it actually happened, and then justifies doing so by claiming we all "know" it's true, no need to wait to see what Griffin actually says or does.

A LOT of the local media does this. And too large a segment of the Skins fan base runs with it and repeats it as if it's insider info being reported and not simply a media member speculating on something that he just knowwws is true.

You've just basically outlawed sports talk radio. Which is probably not a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I don't think it really matters if Scot is fired...He really hasn't drafted well or signed FA's that have made a difference..

It' very possible that our owner and VP is still meddling and not letting him do his job.  Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You can't be serious...

And his goal was never to sign a bunch of difference makers (i.e. expensive vets) in free agency.

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It' very possible that our owner and VP is still meddling and not letting him do his job.  Just a thought.

There was a lengthy article in the Post last offseason about how McCloughan was definitely in charge of personnel and used his wanting to draft Crowder as an example that it was his pick, nobody else's.

I'm sorry but this whole revisionist "Scot McCloughlan is a terrible GM" history...boys I'm sorry but your memory is very, very short. How entitled we are as a fanbase when we look at the last two years, a NFC East title and an above .500 team, and say "It's not good enough! I want more!" 

What else more do you want? Many of the issues weren't his fault. Nobody's perfect. The elitism here makes me sick. Do you all think that we can just fire Scot today and have someone fill in who can do a damn better job? You never know how good you have it until it's gone and then you come crying like "Why did we break up?" Enough with this entitlement. Don't take the success we've had with our drafting and free agency for granted. 

Makes me sick.

Just now, DM72 said:

That's fine. As long as it doesn't become the Snyder and Allen show. 

The reason GMSM was/is such a good fit for us, is because he had warts and our FO had warts as well.  He had his history with the booze and Danny had his history of being an incompetent asshole.  

I think we will have a hard time finding a GM with as high of a pedigree as Scot who is willing to work with Mr. Burns and Smithers.  I'm guessing we get a middle of the road guy.  Like we did with Manusky as DC.  

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

How can anyone not be sure...when he says it everyone starts laughing lol. It's transparent how some other media outlets ran with that joke as a serious article headline.

I wasn't able to listen to the audio at work. 

That's fine and I dont want to turn this into another Scherff vs Williams debate, but if we took Williams, we'd of had a shot at the 11/12 olinemen taken in the second round of that draft and we'd most likely not be in the **** position we earned doing it backwards.

Just now, Califan007 said:

There was a lengthy article in the Post last offseason about how McCloughan was definitely in charge of personnel and used his wanting to draft Crowder as an example that it was his pick, nobody else's.

Don't doubt that as every pick should be.  You can get info from others on who they like but it is/was ultimately his decision.  It's why we hired him.  As time went on (my theory) they interfered more and more with his decisions, the pressure became too much and what we have now.  JMO.

2 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

Successful Drafted Players

sua-cravens-interception-ap-660-350.jpg

Again the whole narrative that he was a bad GM when he drafted Robert Kelley, Crowder, Scheff and Cravens is ridiculous. He made some mistakes but many of them weren't his fault. Under what circumstances could his drafting be considered mediocre? Do you people honestly forget Bruce Allen's drafts? Or Cerrato? We have a competent guy at GM and suddenly the story is he's a terrible talent evaluator? Get over yourselves people. 

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Again the whole narrative that he was a bad GM when he drafted Robert Kelley, Crowder, Scheff and Cravens is ridiculous. He made some mistakes but many of them weren't his fault. Under what circumstances could his drafting be considered mediocre? Do you people honestly forget Bruce Allen's drafts? Or Cerrato? We have a competent guy at GM and suddenly the story is he's a terrible talent evaluator? Get over yourselves people. 

Not to mention, he found a future starting safety in Jarrett in the 6th round.  Are we going to blame Scot for his injury?  Should we also blame Scot for Doctson's injury?  And Preston Smith led the league in rookie sacks in 2015.  He had a sophomore slump, so we're going to give up on him and act like he can't rebound?  Ridiculous.

Archived