Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Or the Jets eventually agree to give him say 3mil to get him off the books and we pay him the other 5mil. Something along those lines.

They could.  But it seems remote.  I'd love it though.  

My take is do they need another 5 technique in terms of another body?  Of course not.  But outside of Allen, we got arguably a collection of OK players.  Maybe McClain ends up above average but its unlikely that he's this terror.   The Lainier legend I keep hearing about from Jay, etc but the dude couldn't crack the lineup among the Jags on the team last year -- I'll buy him into being an above average player when I see it.    To me he's an unknown.

Most of the best defenses have more than one great D lineman.  So am feeling greedy, I'd like another one.  I don't feel like problem solved with J. Allen.  I think Allen elevated one of the worst D lines in the league IMO to an average one.   Now, I'd like to elevate from average to good-great.

that's how I feel too about MLB. Love Zach Brown.   But on the aggregate I think the front 7 is now average to perhaps slightly above average versus good to great.  And that's a big climb from before so I am not unhappy.  IMO though they need one more difference maker.

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Yeah well, guess what. If I want a ham sammich that's good, I to go a NYC deli. I don't go to a California place that is going to put ****ing bean sprouts and truffle oil and some spice I've never heard of, that's gluten free, organic and is anti vac.

:ols:

You do a good Shake impression.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They could.  But it seems remote.  I'd love it though.  

My take is do they need another 5 technique in terms of another body?  Of course not.  But outside of Allen, we got arguably a collection of OK players.  Maybe McClain ends up above average but its unlikely that he's this terror.   The Lainier legend I keep hearing about from Jay, etc but the dude couldn't crack the lineup among the Jags on the team last year -- I'll buy him into being an above average player when I see it.    To me he's an unknown.

Most of the best defenses have more than one great D lineman.  So am feeling greedy, I'd like another one.  I don't feel like problem solved with J. Allen.  I think Allen elevated one of the worst D lines in the league IMO to an average one.   Now, I'd like to elevate from average to good-great.

that's how I feel too about MLB. Love Zach Brown.   But on the aggregate I think the front 7 is now average to perhaps slightly above average versus good to great.  And that's a big climb from before so I am not unhappy.  IMO though they need one more difference maker.

This post makes perfect sense.   Who let the smart guy in the room?

2 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Is there a 2017 53 man roster thread?

You're pushing your luck there bro, TSO's already gotten on us lazy SOBs for the UDFA thread. ?

Unless you're volunteering, lol.  

16 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Yeah well, guess what. If I want a ham sammich that's good, I to go a NYC deli. I don't go to a California place that is going to put ****ing bean sprouts and truffle oil and some spice I've never heard of, that's gluten free, organic and is anti vac.

:ols:

What if they put bacon on it?  Would you try the sammice from California if they put bacon on it?

As for Richardson?  I do not want another overpaid malcontent on this team.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What if they put bacon on it?  Would you try the sammice from California if they put bacon on it?

Ill try anything with bacon on it....just on taste and principle

Tandler's take is a good summary of how I feel.   The idea of don't worry about nose, we will figure it out -- that's not a new chapter -- its a rerun.  Only difference is Tomsula -- maybe he's the X factor.  Will see.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/need-know-gruden-talks-redskins-draft-strategy-ryan-anderson-qbs

On the nose tackle situation:

“I feel good, you know? I think a lot of people don’t know the guys we’ve had here or the guys there were on our practice squad like Joey Mbu, A.J. Francis. We feel good about the development of Matt Ioannidis, those three guys. And we added Phil Taylor.”

Tandler’s take: Gruden is one of the few who feel good about the Redskins’ current nose tackle depth chart. Once again, they will try to patch something together. Hate to tell you, Jay, but it hasn’t worked. In each of the last two years the Redskins have allowed over five yards per carry on first down. That’s when the nose is in the game. It’s the worst performance in the league and it’s not close.

19 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I came on here for sure thinking someone started a thread, but none of you lazy bums wanted to make an UDFA thread? 

Fine, I'll start one. Hate you all.

Bro, I'm over halfway home.  You've been the bomb.com this offseason.

7 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Sure, then they will put hummus on and I'll have have to feed them to the sharks. ;)

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tandler's take is a good summary of how I feel.   The idea of don't worry about nose, we will figure it out -- that's not a new chapter -- its a rerun.  Only difference is Tomsula -- maybe he's the X factor.  Will see.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/need-know-gruden-talks-redskins-draft-strategy-ryan-anderson-qbs

On the nose tackle situation:

“I feel good, you know? I think a lot of people don’t know the guys we’ve had here or the guys there were on our practice squad like Joey Mbu, A.J. Francis. We feel good about the development of Matt Ioannidis, those three guys. And we added Phil Taylor.”

Tandler’s take: Gruden is one of the few who feel good about the Redskins’ current nose tackle depth chart. Once again, they will try to patch something together. Hate to tell you, Jay, but it hasn’t worked. In each of the last two years the Redskins have allowed over five yards per carry on first down. That’s when the nose is in the game. It’s the worst performance in the league and it’s not close.

See, this is what pisses me off. "oh look, we have Tomsula, he can cobble together a NT out of a broken lamp, a rod and reel from 1958 and some belly button lint."

I don't see Callahan working with just meager offereings, but then, Callahan is on OFFENSE.

Meanwhile, our staring NT is either going to be a guy that could not actually make it to the active roster last year, or has legs like this guy.

1731292jsg9qf_icg9xi70_mnk0yknewjdcnvej1

19 minutes ago, justice98 said:

For only 10-15 plays, you should be able to find SOMEBODY to be able to hold NT down adequately. But here we are. 

I'm no football genius, but why play with a nose if we don't have a nose?  To me it's like calling the fade to Jackson.  Uh, he's not a receiver you throw a fade to, so why call the play?

Why not run something else with four down linemen since we have a few guys who can play 3 tech and then have four linebackers, one who is similar to (or actually) Cravens?  

If I'm on offense and I see us with a nose, I'm just calling a run or making an audible to one.  Five yards per carry on first down last year, why not?

19 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm no football genius, but why play with a nose if we don't have a nose?  To me it's like calling the fade to Jackson.  Uh, he's not a receiver you throw a fade to, so why call the play?

Why not run something else with four down linemen since we have a few guys who can play 3 tech and then have four linebackers, one who is similar to (or actually) Cravens?  

If I'm on offense and I see us with a nose, I'm just calling a run or making an audible to one.  Five yards per carry on first down last year, why not?

Funny you say that. That is exactly what we averaged the last 2 years on 1st down runs. 5 ypc. Last in the league. It's like you have a magic 8 ball in front of you!

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think one of our FA pick ups can do that. 

Like who?

Because that approach as worked SO well in the past. :rolleyes:

Archived