Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

The Daily News has learned that Washington and the Cowboys were among several teams that had trade discussions with the Jets over the past couple days. The sticking point for serious suitors was Richardson's fully guaranteed $8.1 million this season (on his fifth-year option), according to sources.

31 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Manusky: The Redskins will look for their 2017 nose tackle in the draft  :blink:

We've got a couple of UDFA and an injury prone player at NT, Richardson carries an $8.1 mil fully guaranteed salary, we have $8,118,703 left !

Another example of a piss poor article title. This is what was actually said:

"Right now, we might be in a situation where we’re looking for a nose in the draft,” said Manusky.

I'd still like a better situation for NT regardless. 

50 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Im going to completely ignore Phil Taylor being on the roster and somehow optimistically assume Mbu is perfect for what we need.

Phil Taylor can not be ignored!!! If Jay is already giving us nuggets like "he’s looking good out here. He looks healthy and [he is] rolling'' (in the weight room mind you) then we are in for a long line of updates on how he "looks good", "is moving around well" and "is in good shape" for the next three months. ?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Im going to completely ignore Phil Taylor being on the roster and somehow optimistically assume Mbu is perfect for what we need.

I'm going to ignore both and assume that Ziggy Hood will fill that position. Again.

And I'm going to laugh every time we give up 6 yards on 3rd and one, right up the middle.

I don't have enough "happy pills" in my household to make me that drugged up to think we did enough there. And guys were just sitting there. And we took a ****ing WR for Jay to play in his sand box with. Who cares it he was tall. This is 2017, that's about all we have is tall WRs.

If I was Tomsula, I would be breaking down a door right now. "Who the **** to you think I am, Jesus?! I cannot turn water into wine, and I can't turn a 300 pound 1 gap DE into a NT!!!! Can you just fire the NOW?! Because I'll get all the blame later anyway!!":table2:

Got a feeling McGee will be the nose unless we make a move. Especially since we were blessed with Allen at 17. Yeah McGee would be the number one option for NT in my opinion. 

I know they wanted to grab a nose in the draft but things change. 

Question is will mcgee **** up like baker did when it comes to playing nose?

hail. 

26 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'm going to ignore both and assume that Ziggy Hood will fill that position. Again.

And I'm going to laugh every time we give up 6 yards on 3rd and one, right up the middle.

I don't have enough "happy pills" in my household to make me that drugged up to think we did enough there. And guys were just sitting there. And we took a ****ing WR for Jay to play in his sand box with. Who cares it he was tall. This is 2017, that's about all we have is tall WRs.

If I was Tomsula, I would be breaking down a door right now. "Who the **** to you think I am, Jesus?! I cannot turn water into wine, and I can't turn a 300 pound 1 gap DE into a NT!!!! Can you just fire the NOW?! Because I'll get all the blame later anyway!!":table2:

I'll say you're taking the not drafting a NT better than I expected. Heal fast dude. 

56 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I don't know if RJF was a one gap guy, but I read an article on Tomsula in San Fran recently and he actually played RJF at nose quite a bit and he was considered by us a DE that you couldn't put on the nose

1 hour ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Got a feeling McGee will be the nose unless we make a move. Especially since we were blessed with Allen at 17. Yeah McGee would be the number one option for NT in my opinion. 

Agree. Thought this before the draft too.

You guys can ignore everything you want... Jay said last night that Ioanidis or however you spell it is a guy they're looking at there.  And they force fed him at NT last year multiple times starting with the Ravens game (I believe it was).

Hopefully he's gained some weight and Tomsula can coach him up.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Stop saying itll be Hood. You know that isnt true. Every single time any coach is asked, its Taylor, Mbu, Iaonnidias and some other scrub. 4 people that aren't Ziggy ****ing Hood.

He played well at DE, Horrible at nose. The DC and Dline coach were fired.

Its over.

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

You guys can ignore everything you want... Jay said last night that Ioanidis or however you spell it is a guy they're looking at there.  And they force fed him at NT last year multiple times starting with the Ravens game (I believe it was).

Hopefully he's gained some weight and Tomsula can coach him up.

Thats my point. We've got 4 people slated to possibly play nose. Morne keeps saying Hood.

Im ignoring the Taylor talk, because I doubt he ever plays a full season and there's 3 younger guys who haven't destroyed their knees yet.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31168/redskins-still-need-gm-long-term-deal-with-kirk-cousins

Who will play nose tackle? The Redskins have added three defensive linemen this offseason, including first-round pick Jonathan Allen. They don't have a true nose tackle -- they'd only need one for 10-15 plays a game -- but one of their newcomers, Terrell McClain, can play nose and tackle in nickel. Stacy McGee has played some in the past. But Redskins coach Jay Gruden always points out young players such as Matt Ioannidis, A.J. Francis and Joey Mbu as ones to watch at this position in camp. Gruden said veteran Phil Taylor, signed early in the offseason, looks healthy. Their choice will come from among that group.

Who will play the nickel corner? The Redskins drafted a possible nickel corner, but not until the seventh round, when they selected Joshua Holsey. Third-round corner Fabian Moreau doesn't play inside and won't be ready until perhaps late August, thanks to a torn pectoral muscle. It's hard to rely on a late-round rookie to contribute. Kendall Fuller struggled inside as a rookie and Bashaud Breeland can play in there if necessary. But there's still no clear-cut player to fill this role.

Stop saying itll be Hood. You know that isnt true. Every single time any coach is asked, its Taylor, Mbu, Iaonnidias and some other scrub. 4 people that aren't Ziggy ****ing Hood.

Yeah, well, those scrubs didn't see a down at NT last year. And they are scrubs. Also /sarcasm

He played well at DE, Horrible at nose. The DC and Dline coach were fired.

Its over.

Thats my point. We've got 4 people slated to possibly play nose. Morne keeps saying Hood.

Because /sarcasm. And also because those other guys couldn't even get snaps in over a 300 pound 1 gap DE named Ziggy Hood. And those are your answers, and you wonder why I think we ****ing completely blew it.

Im ignoring the Taylor talk, because I doubt he ever plays a full season and there's 3 younger guys who haven't destroyed their knees yet.

And yet, he's a better option than the crap we have sitting there otherwise. He is one, he played in the NFL as one, and was good. And even after being out of the league for 2 years and multiple knee surgeries, he's better than the stinking garbage pile that are the other "options". As far as the other "options" go, a Ham Sammich would be a ****ing upgrade. Not even a good Sammich from a New York Deli. I'm talking a Sammich from like, Burbank.

Iaonnidias is at least 2 years away from even having a chance. He added a paultry 10 pounds this year. You put him in there, he'll get moved all over the place, like he did last year. I literally want to punch everyone involved in the draft in the face for just ignoring the position. Just move to a 4-3, you ****s.

And yes, I'm actually on my happy pills. If I wasn't, I might actually be upset. ;)

I think we'll snag Richardson from the Jets at some stage. Will kick McGee inside at NT for the 25-30% of plays we need one, then will leave him inside when we switch to our 4 lineman package and be totally stacked.

We've talked to the Jets. The issue is money. I think we need to get them to take some of the cap hit.

Also, the draft was stacked at DL through the mid/late rounds and we totally avoided taking another whilst backing up on special team DBs.

Throw them a 5th or some crap in 2018.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think we'll snag Richardson from the Jets at some stage. Will kick McGee inside at NT for the 25-30% of plays we need one, then will leave him inside when we switch to our 4 lineman package and be totally stacked.

We've talked to the Jets. The issue is money. I think we need to get them to take some of the cap hit.

Also, the draft was stacked at DL through the mid/late rounds and we totally avoided taking another whilst backing up on special team DBs.

Throw them a 5th or some crap in 2018.

That's what I am hoping for.  I saw Keim say in an exchange with someone, they definitely were interested in Richardson pre draft but he's sure they still are after drafting Jonathan Allen.  I still think this team needs 2 more lineman -- 1 of whom is a NT to have a really good defense.  

I'd definitely kick the tires on Dan Williams.

Just caught this:

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-jets-reportedly-discussed-trade-all-pro-dt-richardson-during-draft

The Jets’ asking price was not thought to be too high for the 26-year-old Richardson.

However, teams did not want Richardson under his current contract. He is set to make $8.1 million in 2017 under his fifth-year option. As of now that salary is fully guaranteed.

If Richardson does not agree to a salary reduction a trade to the Redskins is a non-starter. They had $8.17 million in cap space remaining before the Morgan Moses extension and they still have to sign their draft picks and have money left to get through the season.

Richardson would have to agree to cut his salary at least in half to facilitate a deal to the Redskins. Since the salary is fully guaranteed he has no incentive to do so, making a deal very unlikely.

I could not care less about getting Richardson and his 8 million dollar pricetag for one year and him being a malcontent. I think we're find at DE and have several guys we can rotate. We have McGee, McClain, Hood, Allen for starters, Gruden keep going and on about Lainier and there is Ioannidis. That's 6 guys

We don't need a 8 million dollar @$$wipe

19 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Dan Williams still needs to be looked at

I would have considered that a no brainer. But I would have considered picking up one in the 4th or 5th round a no brainer too. So what do I know.

39 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

And yet, he's a better option than the crap we have sitting there otherwise. He is one, he played in the NFL as one, and was good. And even after being out of the league for 2 years and multiple knee surgeries, he's better than the stinking garbage pile that are the other "options". As far as the other "options" go, a Ham Sammich would be a ****ing upgrade. Not even a good Sammich from a New York Deli. I'm talking a Sammich from like, Burbank.

And yes, I'm actually on my happy pills. If I wasn't, I might actually be upset. ;)

Ummm, all the L.A. talk show studios are in Burbank and I'm pretty sure they've got some legit catering.

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Richardson would have to agree to cut his salary at least in half to facilitate a deal to the Redskins. Since the salary is fully guaranteed he has no incentive to do so, making a deal very unlikely.

Or the Jets eventually agree to give him say 3mil to get him off the books and we pay him the other 5mil. Something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Ummm, all the L.A. talk show studios are in Burbank and I'm pretty sure they've got some legit catering.

Yeah well, guess what. If I want a ham sammich that's good, I to go a NYC deli. I don't go to a California place that is going to put ****ing bean sprouts and truffle oil and some spice I've never heard of, that's gluten free, organic and is anti vac.

:ols:

Have I been in a coma?

Who in the blue hell is Mbu? 

28524.jpg

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Or the Jets eventually agree to give him say 3mil to get him off the books and we pay him the other 5mil. Something along those lines.

If they're desperate to get rid of him and get something before he walks, I'd make them go $5mil, 

But then we'd have to extend him and we aren't going to pick up that salary with Cousins, Pryor and Brown all due as well. 

Archived