Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

But the truth is that they just want black and brown ppl to shut the **** up and act like everything is perfect 

Complaining about the country without being called unpatriotic and all kinds of other crap is a privilege exclusively reserved for white people in this country. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I think the problem is that he has the power, influence and intention to make it more than speech. He actually can get these dudes fired if the NFL was stupid enough and he's actually advocating for Americans to lose thier jobs for expressing themselves. Not American and that's a problem when it's the president. 

I agree. I just wanted Chants to know he's not alone. There are plenty who don't see a problem here

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

It just blows my mind his supporters actually think this is presidential.

Let's be real for a moment: If candidate Obama had said/done the things Trump has, does anyone think he'd have been elected?

I think we know the answer.

Unbelievable....

Yeah, Hillary was right. Trump and his supporters are DEPLORABLE.

And if I offended you, I MEANT TO.

Can you even imagine...

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

I think the problem is that he has the power, influence and intention to make it more than speech. He actually can get these dudes fired if the NFL was stupid enough and he's actually advocating for Americans to lose thier jobs for expressing themselves. Not American and that's a problem when it's the president. 

I don't see him having any more power to get them fired than the CEO of DirectTV, for example.  The NFL will watch out for it's check book and that's it.  People in positions of power will always be listened to more, just a fact of life.  And for the record, I still think Trump is a ****ing tool!

As far as someone losing their job for expressing themselves, there seems to be a double standard here.  Is it because you agree with what they are doing?  Would you support McDonalds firing an employee for handing out pamphlets supporting states rights to each customer?  I know I would.  I totally support players using their fame for causes they believe in.  I just prefer they do it on their own time.  Offer a free interview to ESPN if they give 5 minutes for you to get your message out.  Something like that.

5 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Pisses me off so much how all of these people will go crazy over the protest but not even attempt to try to understand WHY the **** the athletes feel the need to do this. 

They arent doing this **** for fun. 

But the truth is that they just want black and brown ppl to shut the **** up and act like everything is perfect 

Who exactly are "these people"?  Are they related to "you people"?  This seems like a bit of a broad brush.  I'm against with what CK and others do.  Doesn't mean I don't understand, I just don't agree with HOW they do it.  As for your last sentence, I'm again curious who "they" are.  One can be against CK without being racist.  I think some people need to be reminded of that.

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Complaining about the country without being called unpatriotic and all kinds of other crap is a privilege exclusively reserved for white people in this country. 

Really?  White people complaining about the country don't get called unpatriotic?  This is such a outlandish statement made simply to stoke discontent, I don't even know where to begin.  Should I provide links of white people being referred to as unpatriotic?  Or maybe black and brown people complaining that the majority haven't called unpatriotic?

A real leader would want to find out, why so many players would do that. Why risk national scorn or in the case of Colin Kapernik; your career?

A real leader would find out why they are protesting, by kneeling or sitting down for the national anthem.   A real leader would try to do something about the issue the players are protesting about.

We don't have such a leader.

56 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't see him having any more power to get them fired than the CEO of DirectTV, for example.  The NFL will watch out for it's check book and that's it.  People in positions of power will always be listened to more, just a fact of life.  And for the record, I still think Trump is a ****ing tool!

As far as someone losing their job for expressing themselves, there seems to be a double standard here.  Is it because you agree with what they are doing?  Would you support McDonalds firing an employee for handing out pamphlets supporting states rights to each customer?  I know I would.  I totally support players using their fame for causes they believe in.  I just prefer they do it on their own time.  Offer a free interview to ESPN if they give 5 minutes for you to get your message out.  Something like that.

Who exactly are "these people"?  Are they related to "you people"?  This seems like a bit of a broad brush.  I'm against with what CK and others do.  Doesn't mean I don't understand, I just don't agree with HOW they do it.  As for your last sentence, I'm again curious who "they" are.  One can be against CK without being racist.  I think some people need to be reminded of that.

Really?  White people complaining about the country don't get called unpatriotic?  This is such a outlandish statement made simply to stoke discontent, I don't even know where to begin.  Should I provide links of white people being referred to as unpatriotic?  Or maybe black and brown people complaining that the majority haven't called unpatriotic?

Who???

um the people that criticize athletes protesting without the common decency to address WHY they're doing it

serious question:

how can they protest without offending you and the people that think like you?

i mean these guys literally get criticized for even tweeting their views. They literally cannot win. Historically, black people are demonized the minute they get upset 

But seriously, I just want to know what they can do that won't be criticized. 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Who???

um the people that criticize athletes protesting without the common decency to address WHY they're doing it

serious question:

how can they protest without offending you and the people that think like you?

i mean these guys literally get criticized for even tweeting their views. They literally cannot win. Historically, black people are demonized the minute they get upset 

But seriously, I just want to know what they can do that won't be criticized. 

I actually addressed that in my post.  Here, I'll post it again.

I totally support players using their fame for causes they believe in.  I just prefer they do it on their own time.  Offer a free interview to ESPN if they give 5 minutes for you to get your message out.  Something like that.

Now I don't speak for everyone.  So yes, no matter what people do, someone will criticize.  This is my personal feeling.  

Question:  Do you feel like it is okay for an employee to protest or make whatever while they are "on the clock"?  

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I actually addressed that in my post.  Here, I'll post it again.

Now I don't speak for everyone.  So yes, no matter what people do, someone will criticize.  This is my personal feeling.  

Question:  Do you feel like it is okay for an employee to protest or make whatever while they are "on the clock"?  

They aint on the clock during the national anthem. 

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Protest aint here for your comfort

Stop pretending like "on the clock" has meaning in this sense

Why doesn't it?  Trump statement aside, I don't understand why it doesn't matter.

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

If their bosses are cool, then yeah why not? 

What if their boss isn't?  Are you okay with the player being cut then?  

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They aint on the clock during the national anthem. 

How so?  They are pretty much on the clock 24/7.  Now I would give them much more leeway outside of the stadium.  But inside their work place, while wearing their uniform, I would argue they are on the clock.  But if you disagree, then we can still use my similar made-up situation.  McDonalds employee handing out pro-life pamphlets while they are off the clock but they are in the store and wearing their work clothes.

6 minutes ago, twa said:

If their bosses are cool why are you bothered by Trumps free speech?

Everytime you agree with me, it makes me re-evaluate my position.

30 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The action isn't against any rules though. Let them cook. We don't need the head of our Executive branch using his sway to call for people to be fired.

Archived