Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

Any POTUS making a statement that someone should be fired over a protest is in the wrong. Stop trying to create some theoretical. It's a really bad look to do that. It can't be understated how out of line this was. A President attempting to suppress protests like this is wrong. Period. 

Second, exercising one's rights doesn't mean there aren't consequences as it relates to one's job. I doubt the public would say to you, shut up and do whatever your job is, and if they did, they would be just as in the wrong. Can you imagine people saying that to people with other professions?  

So had Trump called for people that showed up at a White Supremacist rally to loose their jobs, you would be just as much up in arms?  

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Whenever there's an argument about freedom of speech,  too many people often ignore the fact that freedom of speech only protects you from legal ramifications. 

I keep hearing about the players freedom of speech. 

Have any of them been arrested for their peaceful protests? 

No,  therefore none of them have had their right to freedom of speech infringed upon. 

Obviously the fact that the president said it blurrs a line but he also has the same rights we do. 

The owners will never start releasing players for it simply because they won't want to set that precedent. 

Think about it,  all Aaron Donald has to do next week is take a knee and just like that he's a free agent,   Never happen. 

Lastly,  I'm very left leaning but one thing that drives me crazy about the left is their blatant hypocrisy when it comes to using employers to push their social agendas. 

If an employer fires someone  for peacefully protesting injustices done to minorities in this country there's moral outrage but if an employer were to fire someone for protesting gay marriage the majority would feel it's the employers right to protect their image. 

It's a double standard thats always chapped my ass and as I said I'm far far more liberal than conservative. 

This x1000.  IT's what I have been trying to get across.  What's good for the goose, etc.  How many people were cheering the people losing their jobs after they showed up to a White Supremacists march.

1 hour ago, c slag said:

Most if not alll of his supporters  probably do not live in a large city with an NFL team

I don't think this is true.  And I know that because I'm in Jacksonville right now and see all the Trump signs.  

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

Trump can say he thinks it’s disrespectful. He shouldn’t be calling players names or saying over and over that they should be fired.  Or basically messaging his supporters to boycott the NFL because players and owners criticized him.  

I 100% agree.  This is why I've been getting upset when people try to paint it as disagreeing with players kneeling automatically makes you a Trump supporter.  

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

When Trump says people should be fired for kneeling and then the whole Jags team kneels in London

Expect to see this a LOT today

Not even close to the whole Jags team.  I counted about 10.  Still a much larger number than the past but lets not overly inflate what actually happened.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So had Trump called for people that showed up at a White Supremacist rally to loose their jobs, you would be just as much up in arms?  

This x1000.  IT's what I have been trying to get across.  What's good for the goose, etc.  How many people were cheering the people losing their jobs after they showed up to a White Supremacists march.

I don't think this is true.  And I know that because I'm in Jacksonville right now and see all the Trump signs.  

I 100% agree.  This is why I've been getting upset when people try to paint it as disagreeing with players kneeling automatically makes you a Trump supporter.  

Deal with what has happened and stop creating hypotheticals. It's not a good look. 

There is an enormous difference between protesting against injustice and for equal rights and protesting for hatred and against equal rights. A President should speak out forcefully against the latter without saying people should be fired from their jobs.

I just heard on TV that the Raiders O-line (who have the only all-black offensive line) will be kneeling tonight...in our house, the Nation's capital, with nationwide coverage. 

I love it.:cheers:

1 minute ago, visionary said:

It’s weird.  I find kneeling as more of a reverential action, so to me it feels like being even more reapectful to our country than normal.  

Me too...and that's another reason I support them.  I kind of see it as kneeling to ask for the protection of the flag & the anthem be extended to ALL.

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Deal with what has happened and stop creating hypotheticals. It's not a good look. 

There is an enormous difference between protesting against injustice and for equal rights and protesting for hatred and against equal rights. A President should speak out forcefully against the latter without saying people should be fired from their jobs.

Why can't you just answer they hypothetical.  I have made my positions clear on what has happened.  Now I'm showing the hypocrisy of the Left.  You're right that there is a difference.  One is easy to defend.  The other is more distasteful.  But they are both still free speech.

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I just heard on TV that the Raiders O-line (who have the only all-black offensive line) will be kneeling tonight...in our house, the Nation's capital, with nationwide coverage. 

I love it.:cheers:

Me too...and that's another reason I support them.  I kind of see it as kneeling to ask for the protection of the flag & the anthem be extended to ALL.

I think one of the big problems is WHO started the protest.  CK was probably not the best one to start it though apparently he was the only one with the balls to do so.  But then coming out showing support of Che and Castro brought into question his other actions.  But I'm sure it's just because he is black (is he, I'm not even sure) and not that he is a freak show.

Should we be discussing this here or the CK thread in ATN?  Now that Trump has decided to open his big mouth it kinda belongs in both threads.

Just now, Llevron said:

I know you are smart enough to see the difference 

Of course there is a difference, just as there is a difference between standing/kneeling/ linking arms/sitting.

The importance of that difference differs as well according to the expectations you set.....yourself.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think one of the big problems is WHO started the protest.  CK was probably not the best one to start it though apparently he was the only one with the balls to do so.  But then coming out showing support of Che and Castro brought into question his other actions.  But I'm sure it's just because he is black (is he, I'm not even sure) and not that he is a freak show.

you would give more weight to the messenger instead of the message.  Kaep is literally putting his money where his mouth is.  If people in power positions were as courageous as Kaep, his kneeling would not be necessary

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why can't you just answer they hypothetical.  I have made my positions clear on what has happened.  Now I'm showing the hypocrisy of the Left.  You're right that there is a difference.  One is easy to defend.  The other is more distasteful.  But they are both still free speech.

You are bigly mistaken if you think you are pointing out hypocrisy because you are putting those speaking out against injustice and racists under the same free speech umbrella and acting as if they should be treated the same. They both have the same rights but that's where the similarities end. 

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

you would give more weight to the messenger instead of the message.  Kaep is literally putting his money where his mouth is.  If people in power positions were as courageous as Kaep, his kneeling would not be necessary

One thing being overlooked and the owners should not be let off the hook is that Kaep was essentially fired from the NFL over this. 

Archived