Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Its a wonderful Christian and conservative value that apparently just because someone has money that means they should never feel injustice about anything they see (even f it's happening to other people which that point always overlooks) and are ungrateful if they feel they do and make it known that they do. Great leason for the kids.

Trumps got money tho. I wonder why he thinks America has problems? Unpatriotic and ungrateful son of a **** huh? 

Whenever there's an argument about freedom of speech,  too many people often ignore the fact that freedom of speech only protects you from legal ramifications. 

I keep hearing about the players freedom of speech. 

Have any of them been arrested for their peaceful protests? 

No,  therefore none of them have had their right to freedom of speech infringed upon. 

Obviously the fact that the president said it blurrs a line but he also has the same rights we do. 

The owners will never start releasing players for it simply because they won't want to set that precedent. 

Think about it,  all Aaron Donald has to do next week is take a knee and just like that he's a free agent,   Never happen. 

Lastly,  I'm very left leaning but one thing that drives me crazy about the left is their blatant hypocrisy when it comes to using employers to push their social agendas. 

If an employer fires someone  for peacefully protesting injustices done to minorities in this country there's moral outrage but if an employer were to fire someone for protesting gay marriage the majority would feel it's the employers right to protect their image. 

It's a double standard thats always chapped my ass and as I said I'm far far more liberal than conservative. 

I found this thread interesting...might speak to those who hang their hat on the flag "disrespect" argument against those who choose to kneel or not stand. 

It goes on and on, but I think yall get the point.  And I can't find the exact tweet, but the Blue Lives Matter flag is in DIRECT violation of the flag code.  So, there.  L.O.L. 

9 hours ago, twa said:

His actions aren't against any rules either.

We don't need members of pro teams using the anthem stage for protest time either.

Or we can just let everyone do as they want whenever.

Why don't "we" need that? Who is it hurting besides Trump and his ilk? Y'all don't need any form of protest but since it's ****ing American to do, so you are always going to get it tough titty home boy. 

46 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Whenever there's an argument about freedom of speech,  too many people often ignore the fact that freedom of speech only protects you from legal ramifications. 

I keep hearing about the players freedom of speech. 

Have any of them been arrested for their peaceful protests? 

No,  therefore none of them have had their right to freedom of speech infringed upon. 

Obviously the fact that the president said it blurrs a line but he also has the same rights we do. 

The owners will never start releasing players for it simply because they won't want to set that precedent.

I think there can be ramifications when the President requests it. Let's say a owner has another business he's trying to aquire but it has to go through the FTC or another government agency to be approved. You don't think the President can apply pressure to shut down speech in that regard? The President should not be calling for people to lose their jobs in order to silence them.

It is definitely an abuse of power. He is attempting to use the weight of his office to force private businesses to curtail their employees right to protest their government. 

It is one step away from making a law restricting speech. Considering this situation is directly political speech, this is EXACTLY why we have a first amendment in the first place.  It is EXACTLY why the people who founded this nation CAME HERE.

Maybe it's just me, but..

Athlete protests by kneeling for 2 minutes, i hear what it's about and decide whether i think it is an idea i support.

if it is, great. On to the game.

If it's not, great. On to the game.

If i decide i support it enough to donate or otherwise be active.. great. After the game.

If i decide i don't.  great, i'm watching the game.

Outrage is pointless... **** your plastic artificial tabloid outrage. It's a guy on your TV that you are watching kneel while YOU sit on your ass listening to the anthem being played in the stadium on your TV.

More ridiculous media manufactured outrage. Remember when they never showed us the anthem, except to maybe bounce in at the end? You should,, it was only two years ago. Now they have to show you who to be mad at. Now they have to show you the battle line being drawn, and by showing you they are expecting you to come down on a side and get rankled and argue with other people that you don't know about what a guy you don't know did on your TV. (Oh, and of course, multiple articles and pieces during the next week to keep the pot stirred so you will ****ing tune in again NEXT week to see who is kneeling and who isn't.)

**** standing, **** kneeling, **** sitting **** sleeping during the ****ing anthem. Do whatever the **** you want, BUT<  among other poeople, such as in the stadium, do it quietly and respect that they may be wanting to do whatever they believe in.  (like quietly kneeling. It doesn't prevent a single person anywhere from standing with their hand on their heart, or at their sides, or holding their hat.)
It's like being an atheist and going to someone's house for dinner, and they say Grace. As an atheist who has been in that situation many times, here is what to do: You keep your mouth shut, you bow your head and you respect their moment. 
In the case of the anthem protests, nothing that any of these guys do by taking a knee interrupts or interferes with your private moment of respect towards the flag during the anthem. 
When i was young we said the Pledge of Allegiance every day, And when it got to the line i don't believe.. i just didn't say it. everyone else can say "under god" all they want,, i just skipped it and started back up with 'indivisible.." And my principles remained intact, and so did those around me who do believe in God. I didn't feel the need to spoil it for them because i have a different belief. I didn't feel it would be RIGHT for me to force them to change everything to accommodate me when simply privately skipping two words accomplished the same thing. 

this is America, and people are free to do whatever the **** they want in these situations, and **** anyone who says they don't.

Nothing more than a bunch of hypocritical mouth breathing idiots anymore consumed by Kardashian Kulture. Shallow, vapid, perpetually angry, easily hypnotized and radicalized by whatever they're told by people who abuse their trust and manipulate them into being someone who is completely oblivious to the notion of "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS"

Athletes should not just stick to sports. No more than you have to stick to only talking about selling houses or fixing cars, or cooking burgers, or driving a truck. Polticians, on the other hand, do have to stick with being public servants who serve ALL their constituents, and not just the ones who are considered their base. Politicians DO have to weigh their private words and actions against the balancing act they must do in order to properly execute the oath of office they took upon being elected to represent all the people in their district, state or nation.

Private citizen, public servant. 

If the difference needs to be explained, you are the problem.

~Bang

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

If an employer fires someone  for peacefully protesting injustices done to minorities in this country there's moral outrage but if an employer were to fire someone for protesting gay marriage the majority would feel it's the employers right to protect their image. 

It's a double standard thats always chapped my ass and as I said I'm far far more liberal than conservative. 

Why is this so hard for some of you? 

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

Maybe it's just me, but..

Athlete protests by kneeling for 2 minutes, i hear what it's about and decide whether i think it is an idea i support.

if it is, great. On to the game.

If it's not, great. On to the game.

If i decide i support it enough to donate or otherwise be active.. great. After the game.

If i decide i don't.  great, i'm watching the game.

Outrage is pointless... **** your plastic artificial tabloid outrage. It's a guy on your TV that you are watching kneel while YOU sit on your ass listening to the anthem being played in the stadium.

More ridiculous media manufactured outrage. Remember when they never showed us the anthem, except to maybe bounce in at the end? You should,, it was only two years ago. Now they have to show you who to be mad at. Now they have to show you the battle line being drawn, and by showing you they are expecting you to come down on a side and get rankled and argue with other people that you don't know about what a guy you don't know did on your TV. (Oh, and of course, multiple articles and pieces during the next week to keep the pot stirred so you will ****ing tune in again NEXT week to see who is kneeling and who isn't.)

**** standing, **** kneeling, **** sitting **** sleeping during the ****ing anthem. Do whatever the **** you want, BUT<  among other poeople, such as in the stadium, do it quietly and respect that they may be wanting to do whatever they believe in.  (like quietly kneeling. It doesn't prevent a single person anywhere from standing with their hand on their heart, or at their sides, or holding their hat.)
It's like being an atheist and going to someone's house for dinner, and they say Grace. As an atheist who has been in that situation many times, here is what to do: You keep your mouth shut, you bow your head and you respect their moment. 
In the case of the anthem protests, nothing that any of these guys do by taking a knee interrupts or interferes with your private moment of respect towards the flag during the anthem. 
When i was young we said the Pledge of Allegiance every day, And when it got to the line i don't believe.. i just didn't say it. everyone else can say "under god" all they want,, i just skipped it and started back up with 'indivisible.." And my principles remained intact, and so did those around me who do believe in God. I didn't feel the need to spoil it for them because i have a different belief. I didn't feel it would be RIGHT for me to force them to change everything to accommodate me when simply privately skipping two words accomplished the same thing. 

this is America, and people are free to do whatever the **** they want in these situations, and **** anyone who says they don't.

Nothing more than a bunch of hypocritical mouth breathing idiots anymore consumed by Kardashian Kulture. Shallow, vapid, perpetually angry, easily hypnotized and radicalized by whatever they're told by people who abuse their trust and manipulate them into being someone who is completely oblivious to the notion of "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS"

Athletes should not just stick to sports. No more than you have to stick to only talking about selling houses or fixing cars, or cooking burgers, or driving a truck. Polticians, on the other hand, do have to stick with being public servants who serve ALL their constituents, and not just the ones who are considered their base. Politicians DO have to weigh their private words and actions against the balancing act they must do in order to properly execute the oath of office they took upon being elected to represent all the people in their district, state or nation.

Private citizen, public servant. 

If the difference needs to be explained, you are the problem.

~Bang

tl:dr - I care a whole lot more about whether the Redskins win.  

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Why don't "we" need that? Who is it hurting besides Trump and his ilk? Y'all don't need any form of protest but since it's ****ing American to do, so you are always going to get it tough titty home boy. 

So option B, which Trump is using as well.

Listen I ain't like the kneeling as much as the next guy but people can do whatever they want. I stand every time and I attend a lot of sporting events. ****, they show the USMNT at the bar in DC and when the anthem play I stand up and shed a tear and watch as our boys go out there to play. I even stand up at home when it's just me watching the game and they show the anthems. I take great pride in respecting this country where I have been born and raised and I salute all servicemen who died fighting for this great country we call home. 

However, I also respect the right of people to sit down because of political reasons, and this has been going on as long as I can remember. After Trump's remarks, I would expect a lot of people to kneel down today in defiance. You can love this country and take a kneel to make a statement, that no, we don't live in a utopia. We have flawed race relations right now. And we need to unite as a people and make a statement about that. 

Just now, Bang said:

"Trump is not a private citizen"

he says waiting to hear the "tink!" as this fact bounces off the conservobot's impenetrable skull

~Bang

so they should avoid division or public remarks that may be divisive?  :rofl89:....tink

I thought this whole notion of getting fired just for having different political beliefs than other people was silly. I respect and love our armed forces and I stand up every time when I attend my myriad of football / hockey / baseball games and I applaud our military, but there is no reason anyone should face public ridicule or persecution because they think differently than me. America is supposed to be a melting pot of a whole different lot of people with different beliefs. As much as I love the country I have been born and raised in all my life, I respect the right of others to disagree. Because that is the fundamental tenet of American politics. That we as a people said, "I ain't want to be no servant to George III anymore and we're doing our own ****." We were formed as a nation of different beliefs and the right to express them freely without persecution.

Archived