Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Let's see  how this whole thing started:  Kap got benched and was pouting.  Reporters noticed his lazy, insolent butt slouching during the anthem and remarked on it.  Had he previously come with an announcement of some sort of protest?  No, but now he runs with it.  It is my firm belief that this did not begin as an intentional protest.  And sums up the merit of the whole thing.

I don't like Trump and I don't like the protests either.  I find them disgusting.  If they continue more fans will walk away.  If the Redskins start in on it, I will vote with my remote and turn it off.

And when dollars march away from the NFL these idiots will get the poetic justice they deserve. 

18 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

TK said to keep the politics out of the stadium.  He's already brought out the ban hammer this morning.

Gotcha.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Do yourself and all of us a favor Buzz and stop making hypotheticals that compare kneeling players to Nazi marchers.  It's a ****ing terrible look and we know you're better than that.

Yea, I'm done.  I've made my points and if you haven't learned yet, you probably never will (and I mean "you" as the group, not you specifically).  And for the record, I wasn't just using Nazis and kneeling players, I also used a states rights advocate at McDonalds.  But I guess that wasn't worth looking at.  Hopefully at some point, you all will actually think about the point I'm making.  

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You are bigly mistaken if you think you are pointing out hypocrisy because you are putting those speaking out against injustice and racists under the same free speech umbrella and acting as if they should be treated the same. They both have the same rights but that's where the similarities end. 

In the eyes of the government, they should be.  And as I stated above.  My examples didn't only include racists.  But I geuss thinking that makes it easier to just ignore my point and bask in hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, readonly said:

Let's see  how this whole thing started:  Kap got benched and was pouting.  Reporters noticed his lazy, insolent butt slouching during the anthem and remarked on it.  Had he previously come with an announcement of some sort of protest?  No, but now he runs with it.  It is my firm belief that this did not begin as an intentional protest.  And sums up the merit of the whole thing.

I don't like Trump and I don't like the protests either.  I find them disgusting.  If they continue more fans will walk away.  If the Redskins start in on it, I will vote with my remote and turn it off.

And when dollars march away from the NFL these idiots will get the poetic justice they deserve. 

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. That's not how the protest started at all, he started protesting after police brutality but you're choosing to overlook that completely for some reason.

Bye!

4 minutes ago, readonly said:

Kaep was speaking on police brutality long before he was asked why he was kneeling

if you don't care about facts, you should probably sit this one out

We all understand your point @TheGreatBuzz and respect your opinion, we just disagree with you.  If you keep comparing kneeling players to Nazi marchers you're gonna lose that respect...and prolly respect for your self.

Aim higher.  You can do it.

Are we really gonna do the alternative fact/ bull**** gallop in here?  Kap is "on the record" and owning it like nobody's business.  It's not up for discussion.

Thank heavens for the ignore feature.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

We all understand your point @TheGreatBuzz and respect your opinion, we just disagree with you.  If you keep comparing kneeling players to Nazi marchers you're gonna lose that respect...and prolly respect for your self.

Aim higher.  You can do it.

I did.  Again, go read back and you will see that I used the McDonalds employee handing out pamphlets advocating states rights.  I switched to the white supremacists because someone didn't like hypothetical so I tried to use something that had actually happened.  

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

you calling another man lazy, but won't even do basic research to see he was already talking about it

Here you go.  Two weeks "unnoticed."  No "grand unveiling."  Later he "expands his justification."  Hope this doesn't shatter your eggshell world view and sensitivities.  

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

17 minutes ago, readonly said:

Here you go.  Two weeks "unnoticed."  No "grand unveiling."  Later he "expands his justification."  Hope this doesn't shatter your eggshell world view and sensitivities.  

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

retracted 

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, you're coming across real "typical" yourself right now.

I am typical, of the legions of fans who work hard, abide by the law, respect our nation and don't care to tolerate "protests" that disrespect the nations flag. 

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

eat a dick

that sensitive enough for you?

When you can't refute the facts....

Just now, spjunkies said:

He's trolling, hence the name. Don't take the bait he's throwing out there.

Why don't you try to act like a grownup for a change, stop the name calling and stick to the facts?  Both of you accused me of being incorrect.  I posted a link that showed that I am actually correct.  Now you two come back calling names and crying in your cheerios.  This shows that you are about as legit as the flag "protests" that you champion.  

Ad hominem is usually resorted to by those whose arguments can't stand on individual merit.

1 hour ago, twa said:

so they should avoid division or public remarks that may be divisive?  :rofl89:....tink

So, the conservative thinks the government should directly and heavy-handedly try to negatively impact a private business that is breaking no laws.

You guys really don't know what the **** you're talking about anymore, do you?

It's nauseating.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, readonly said:

Why don't you try to act like a grownup for a change, stop the name calling and stick to the facts?  Both of you accused me of being incorrect.  I posted a link that showed that I am actually correct.  Now you two come back calling names and crying in your cheerios.  This shows that you are about as legit as the flag "protests" that you champion.  

Ad hominem is usually resorted to by those whose arguments can't stand on individual merit.

You are hilarious! All I did was call you a troll which is what you are :rofl89:

Just now, Bang said:

So, the conservative thinks the government should directly and heavy-handedly try to negatively impact a private business that is breaking no laws.

You guys really don't know what the **** you're talking about anymore, do you?

It's nauseating.

~Bang

Don't think I have supported Trumps comments  or the protesters.

Or big govt

The conservative position would be to avoid this situation by all involved.

Good luck with your tummy in the days ahead.

ok ok, I wake up, turn on my computer, and find that this protest thing with the NFL is starting to gain momentum.

First thing to cross my mind was, 'well there goes the fly-overs at the beginning of the year and Super Bowls'.

Trump crossed the line with the comment of firing NFL players for kneeling; I get that, its wrong.  Politics have no place in sports. Sports is a place people come to, to unwind from the headaches and issues of life, to cheer your favorite team on, having a beer or a soda with your friends.

But, the kneeling of players as a sign of protest is doing more of a dis-service than anything else. Is it illegal? Absolutely not. Is it fireable? Absolutely not.

Is it the wrong venue?  Absolutely.

Player protests have been going on since at least the Bush Dubya term, if not longer [ just can't remember right now ], with a player or players refusing to go to the White House after winning a championship in their sport. 

I get the protesting. I get why players AND fans are upset. And to be honest, a lot of the hatred and vitriol has been a case of wrong or inflated information. Now I know there are some law enforcement people who may have an agenda towards minorities, but it IS a 2-way street on that topic, so before you burn every flag, you might want to research some of the hate coming from the other sides as well before you make your final judgment.

To me, this flag burning and kneeling during the national anthem is wrong. It just is. We could go back and forth for hours or even days on the rights and wrongs of this country, on the hypocricy on both sides, there is more than enough blame on both sides that no one should feel they are absolutely right. But this is a damn football game, and to see how some players and now owners are dragging an issue into sports is disgusting. There is no place for it in sports. In fact, the absolute biggest problem of all is there is a particular side who refuse to acknowledge the truth about the 'big picture' in general, but instead tend to cherrypick incidents across the country and carry their protest based off of those cases, some of which are grossly inaccurate thanks to the media.

This generation is so lost and mis-guided, when their beliefs are so strong it affects their rational train of thought, and when proven wrong they either refuse to accept they are wrong, or they simply move it to a place to try and gain more support, i.e.; sports.   Support your country, respect each other, and just sit down at a table and hash the problems out. Call it as you see it, not as others tell you it is.

2 minutes ago, readonly said:

I am a troll because you don't agree with me.  OK.  Glad that you are laughing.   

No, if you look closely you'll notice I didn't call you one until after your little "typical" comment. It's clear as day what you're doing. Of this is who you truly are, I feel for you and your family.

Archived