Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You call other people pantywaists for protesting and complaining about police brutality of black men?  Pantywaists for protesters not having to get dragged off and murdered by secret police?  And then you post this crybaby mess?  :rofl89:

Not being a crybaby.  Just holding a mirror, like you're doing.

And for the record, I am against actual police brutality.  And I am against actual secret police dragging people off.  

And yes, in America, thank God, you don't see the actual genuine article. Not really.  

And disrespecting the flag, IN MY OPINION, is not the way to go.  You don't like my opinion, fine.  

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Where was the insult?

"Its hard to see you protesting anything"

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Theeeeere it is. Only took like 8 posts. And wrapped in Jesus' very own brand of understand, love and patriotism. 

Your my boy blue! 

True. Play the friggin game.  Then leave your mansion, go down to Fergusen or where-ever, and march with the people.  Respect the country and its symbols all while protesting whatever inequalities still exist.  That I would respect, and join.

You'd get more supporters that way.

This is very, very simple:

The president and his administration represents the flag. 

The flag is being insulted every single day by its leadership. 

These protests are calling attention to this. Not just police brutality, not merely injustice, but all of the actions being taken by our manchild-in-chief. Interpreting these protests as un-American is more of an insult to one's own intelligence than to the players and ownership. 

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

That's an insult? And you calling Americans "pantywaists"?

You offended? Well, then we're even. Good.  There is some patriotism there after all j/k.

I'm an American, so I was also offending myself, btw.  I freak out if my direct tv goes dead for 5 minutes.  A person who's seen what I've should be made of sterner stuff.

1 minute ago, blueskin said:

True. Play the friggin game.  Then leave your mansion, go down to Fergusen or where-ever, and march with the people.  Respect the country and its symbols all while protesting whatever inequalities still exist.  That I would respect, and join.

You'd get more supporters that way.

So if your problem is them ruining your football then wtf are you even pretending with all the rest of the bull****. Just say "Those boys need to play thier football and shut up" 

We could have saved two full pages but because you wanted to make up bull**** to make yourself sound like you had a decent point we had to dig to get to it. Glad we have finally gotten here though. 

No one cares about your Sunday. Least of all the players protesting. So good luck with that ****. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And you haven't been canonized yet??  Now ther's the real injustice. People should be kneeling about that. 

Let's show some respect for priorities. I have yet to see the proliferation of statutory dedicated to me and so merited, nor my placement as the 5th Beatle on Mt Rushmore.

I am fairly satisfied with the amount of kneeling accorded to me, however.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

This is very, very simple:

The president and his administration represents the flag. 

The flag is being insulted every single day by its leadership. 

These protests are calling attention to this. Not just police brutality, not merely injustice, but all of the actions being taken by our manchild-in-chief. Interpreting these protests as un-American is more of an insult to one's own intelligence than to the players and ownership. 

then vote him out.  There is a remedy every 4 years, laid out in the constitution.  But realize there are others who disagree, and they will get just as passionate.

Football used to be something we could unify on.  Truth be told, I'm not boycotting anything other than the Redskins merch department for the crappy product on the field.  And I am not advocating anyone's firing, not really, though I wouldn't be upset if the owners did.

I respect this country, I love it's flag, I remember it's sins, and I hope for it's future.  I may have sharp things to say, but I love all my countrymen, even Orange Hitler and Antifa.  

I've also seen firsthand political killings and strife, and I don't want myself or my kids to experience civil war.  Or race war.  Or any other war.  

I lay it in God's hands.  

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Let's show some respect for priorities. I have yet to see the proliferation of statutory dedicated to me, nor my placement as the 5th Beatle on Mt Rushmore.

I am fairly satisfied with the amount of kneeling accoded to me, however.

You haven't  seen my attic Jumbo ....  yet. :evil:

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So if your problem is them ruining your football then wtf are you even pretending with all the rest of the bull****. Just say "Those boys need to play thier football and shut up" 

We could have saved two full pages but because you wanted to make up bull**** to make yourself sound like you had a decent point we had to dig to get to it. Glad we have finally gotten here though. 

No one cares about your Sunday. Least of all the players protesting. So good luck with that ****. 

I've made up nothing.  I wrote what I believe and some of what I've experienced.  And no, I haven't had it worse than most, just had some experiences.

I still want them to just play the game, no politics.  Your life is wrapped in politics, fine.

God bless you, and I hope your Sunday is spectacular.

NFL Logo

National Football League 

Sep 24, 2017
Unity Spot To Air During Sunday Night Football

"Inside These Lines" highlights the unifying power of the game and its players

Last season during Super Bowl LI, the NFL debuted "Inside These Lines," a 60-second spot that demonstrates the power of football to bring people together. To highlight the unifying force of our great game and attributes of our players, "Inside These Lines" will re-air tonight during Sunday Night Football on NBC. 

Narrated by Forest Whitaker, the video opens with the words, "Inside these lines, we don't have to come from the same place, to help each other reach the same destination. Inside these lines, we may have our differences, but recognize there is more that unites us."

The visuals depict a crew preparing the field for a game, followed by images of players and fans overcoming differences and banding together – all "Inside These Lines." The spot is accompanied by an original interpretation of Lonnie Liston Smith's "Garden of Peace" by Jon Batiste.

Watch: Inside These Lines

4 minutes ago, blueskin said:

And for the record, I am against actual police brutality.  And I am against actual secret police dragging people off.  

And yes, in America, thank God, you don't see the actual genuine article. Not really.  

I can tell that you think you're coming off as world-wise and realistic because you claim that you've lived in a war zone or in the developing world, but you should know that posting stuff like this makes you seem stunningly sheltered.  You're just plain wrong.  Their concerns are absolutely legitimate.  Trying to delegitimize the fundamental concerns that black people have about their safety and the systemic injustice and violence they face in their interactions with our criminal justice system makes you just another out of touch white person, and frankly, it makes you part of the problem.

You should also know that drive by posting in here like you're copy-pasting the most patronizing racist asshole arguments from Donald Trump's subreddit and then getting super touchy and sensitive when people take offense and clap back kills the credibility of your posts.

Where's Predicto?  I need him here because he's the one with the patience and temperament to debunk all of garbage blueskin just flooded this thread with claim by claim.

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And you haven't been canonized yet??  Now there's the real injustice. People should be kneeling about that. 

Ah sarcasm.  My second language.  Love it.

Where did I say I was saintly or even a good person? I know I am sinful, and I am not holding myself up as anything other than what I am.  

I won't even whine about the attacks (except for that insult about not protesting anything-- you don't know me Crack).  It's been a while since I've provoked a flame war.  

20 minutes ago, blueskin said:

your fevered screed.

:ols:

Whatever issues I have with your reasoning, I can't criticize your vocabulary and word choice,

This also makes it clear that rational discussion is pointless. You are way too wound up to see dissenting opinions clearly. I'd suggest coming back and rereading my post later.

To answer your question, though, read this:

Courts Considered Trump’s Twitter in Ruling

When they rejected President Donald Trump's executive order blocking travel from several Muslim-majority countries as unconstitutional, two sets of federal appellate judges pointed to Trump's history of public statements calling it a "Muslim ban," including messages Trump posted on Twitter.

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I love that every time Trump says some dumb ****, people instinctively want to debate the merits. Does he have the right to say it (sure).  Should he have said it (no). Should the President get held to a higher standard than 'does he technically have the right to do a thing that is harmful and devisive?' (Yes, but Trump never is). 

Look, the merits are beside the point here. Trump knows that his base is going to be pissed next week when he once again fails to repeal Obamacare. He's also going to be embarrassed when his candidate in Alabama loses. It's looking like a bad week. So, on top of blaming Mitch MCConnell and Rand and McCain for his failure to get his agenda pushed through, even with control of both houses, he is doing what he always does, picks a target to bully and hopefully change the subject. In this case, it's NFL and the Golden State Warriors. In other words, black people .... but black people that his base can claim they only hate because they are rich, priveleged AND dumb jocks who should stick to sports (ignoring that almost all of these guys went to college and most of Trumps supporters didnt).  Trump doesn't give a **** about the flag, or the country. He's a draft dodger that is using the Presidency for his personal enrichment and to fill the hole in his soul where his father's love should have gone. But he knows he needs to keep his base happy, and he knows they are goona be pissed next week unless he throws them some red meat. He also knows he ****ed up when he said maybe Dreamers shouldnt be deported. 

The merits here are pointless. This is pure politics. 

Exactly. Trump has been using this tactic for so long I don't know why more people haven't caught on and don't call it out. My first thought when I saw the headline on Saturday morning was "distraction".

Just now, techboy said:

Whatever issues I have with your reasoning, I can't criticize your vocabulary and word choice,

This also makes it clear that rational discussion is pointless. You are way too wound up to see dissenting opinions clearly. I'd suggest coming back and rereading my post later.

To answer your question, though, read this:

Courts Considered Trump’s Twitter in Ruling

they also considered his statements pre election

last I checked their ruling was stayed as well.

seems less than a airtight argument.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I can tell that you think you're coming off as world-wise and realistic because you claim that you've lived in a war zone or in the developing world, but you should know that posting stuff like this makes you seem stunningly sheltered.  You're just plain wrong.  Their concerns are absolutely legitimate.  Trying to delegitimize the fundamental concerns that black people have about their safety and the systemic injustice and violence they face in their interactions with our criminal justice system makes you just another out of touch white person, and frankly, it makes you part of the problem.

You should also know that drive by posting in here like you're copy-pasting the most patronizing racist asshole arguments from Donald Trump's subreddit and then getting super touchy and sensitive when people take offense and clap back kills the credibility of your posts.

Where's Predicto?  I need him here because he's the one with the patience and temperament to debunk all of garbage blueskin just flooded this thread with claim by claim.

I'M BLACK!

I'm not minimizing anything, except meaningless and risk-free protesting.  I'm not copy-pasting any trumpian arguements.  I'm just not falling for the pearl-clutching.  I'm also not sheltered or world-weary.  I just have an opinion on this.  I don't go for movements anymore, because everyone has their own agendas. Philando Castile was a righteous cause for a man unjustly gunned down by police.  The man in SC (forgot his name) was a righteous cause.  The guy selling Looseys was a righteous topic of protest (should protest the all-encompassing state that forced him to go underground to sell them).  Mike Brown was not.  Heroin guy in St. Louis was not. I judge case by case.

Yet, I state my opinion that the flag should be respected, and you all start attacking me as some near-turncoat.  I stated my reasoning for respecting the flag, and why I believe all this should be done outside of football-- rational if not iron-clad arguments.  And you call me a racist asshole by association (I don't even buy this current labelling of Trump-- I don't believe a true white supremacist would put Jennifer Hudson up in one of his luxury hotels after her family was murdered).  

I remember during the rise of BLM, the criticism was all about protesting the "right" way.  The critics said why not protest peaceful and quiet etc etc etc......well fast forward to present time and that is exactly what is going on and it is being criticized even more.

For those against the protesting, just be honest about it, there is no "correct way" to protest the issues you don't personally agree with or think there is worthy cause to be protesting about. 

4 minutes ago, techboy said:

I laughed at that too.  This whole exchange would have been entertaining if it hadn't been so insulting.  And if I hadn't felt like I was reading the words of the sharpest breitbart commenter.

It's been a minute since we've had a right wing troll talented enough to truly deserve the title of "sophist."

Archived