Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

17 minutes ago, techboy said:

:ols:

Whatever issues I have with your reasoning, I can't criticize your vocabulary and word choice,

This also makes it clear that rational discussion is pointless. You are way too wound up to see dissenting opinions clearly. I'd suggest coming back and rereading my post later.

To answer your question, though, read this:

Courts Considered Trump’s Twitter in Ruling

then they considered wrong, that ruling was struck down.  Add to that the fact that only a few muslim countries were banned.  And Carter did the same thing with Iran. And Obama did the same with Iraq.

He was stupid to say 'muslim ban', because I don't believe trump speaks english well. But it still isn't an example of twitter setting policy.  If it had, it would have been a total ban on all muslim majority immigration.

And folks like al-Sisi supported it, too.

Thanks for the warm fuzzy on the 'fevered screed'.  I haven't had an argument online in over 12 years, back when I battled atheists at beliefnet.  I am just working back into fighting shape.  

43 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Flashback to another time when authoritarians objected to protests during the National Anthem.

TommieSmithAP276.jpg

I addressed that a few posts ago.  I said I supported it as an example of pure protest.  And I gave some of my reasoning for why John Carlos' protest is different from Marshawn Lynch's, in terms of timing, forum and substance.

Child of the 70s here.  A black fist to the sky would be more appealing to me than kneeling, I have to admit.

*points if you can 'point' out my grammatical error above

Got in a Facebook discussion about the anthem protests, my brother chimes in agreeing with me, and this guy I don't know tells the two of us, "Disrespecting the flag, the anthem and everybody who provides a blanket of freedom for people like you two to make ridiculous arguments offends people. Go crawl in a hole or leave this country." 

I pointed out to him that my brother isn't currently in this country because he's supporting the fight against ISIS overseas. :ols: 

I hate facebook. 

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I laughed at that too.  This whole exchange would have been entertaining if it hadn't been so insulting.  And if I hadn't felt like I was reading the words of the sharpest breitbart commenter.

It's been a minute since we've had a right wing troll talented enough to truly deserve the title of "sophist."

Geez Louise!

Y'all are touchy.  I'm not a right wing anything.  I'm not left wing either, obviously.

Insults vs insults.  We're all adults here right?  I will ask forgiveness for my use of screed and pantywaists if you'll ask forgiveness for saying I'm a troll or never-protester.

Not a troll.  Not a breitbarter.  Not a Republican nor a Democrat.  Not in antifa and I don't care for Huffpo.

Believe it or not, I was a Marxist-Leninist in college.  Seriously.

Just now, AJ* said:

Exactly. Trump has been using this tactic for so long I don't know why more people haven't caught on and don't call it out. My first thought when I saw the headline on Saturday morning was "distraction".

most do see that---even the cable pundits point it out all the time---and they go on to point out they can effectively cover the "distraction" without---seemingly so far---really diluting the activity/reactions on all the "real" stuff...i think distraction strategy is hurting don more than helping by far...but he's made the only bet he has, i think, and it's that keeping his 35% base of worse-than-deplorables by regularly stroking their various resentments,  combined with counting on enough of the elected gopers to sell out to keep the dems/libs in 2nd place at (literally)  any cost, is the only way he can ride the bull to the end...and that's probably not a bad bet

The right to protest, the right to dissent is as American as apple pie.

Outside of violence everyone should have the right to determine how best to convey their message in dissent; peacefully and without intimidation. 

Everyone who disagrees with that message or how it is conveyed should seek understanding rather than running to condemnation.

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Got in a Facebook discussion about the anthem protests, my brother chimes in agreeing with me, and this guy I don't know tells the two of us, "Disrespecting the flag, the anthem and everybody who provides a blanket of freedom for people like you two to make ridiculous arguments offends people. Go crawl in a hole or leave this country." 

I pointed out to him that my brother isn't currently in this country because he's supporting the fight against ISIS overseas. :ols: 

I hate facebook. 

And I salute his service.  

Question- am I allowed to disagree and state my opinion on the anthem protests without being castigated as a troll or deplorable? Or worse? 

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

most do see that---even the cable pundits point it out all the time---and they go on to point out they can effectively cover the "distraction" without---seemingly so far---really diluting the activity/reactions on all the "real" stuff...i think distraction strategy is hurting don more than helping by far...but he's made the only bet he has, i think, and it's that keeping his 35% base of worse-than-deplorables by regularly stroking their various resentments,  combined with counting on enough of the elected gopers to sell out to keep the dems/libs in 2nd place at (literally)  any cost, is the only way he can ride the bull to the end...and that's probably not a bad bet

Agree but for your first 4 words. I think most people have really short attention spans and his distractions are extremely effective. I'd bet he has a list already written of the next dumb **** to say when his staring down the barrel of another bad week, and the one after that, etc etc ad nasuem. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree but for your first 4 words. I think most people have really short attention spans and his distractions are extremely effective. I'd bet he has a list already written of the next dumb **** to say when his staring down the barrel of another bad week, and the one after that, etc etc ad nasuem. 

Melanoma got him that "Stupid Comment of the Day" toilet paper for Xmas, he loves it.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

The right to protest, the right to dissent is as American as apple pie.

Outside of violence everyone should have the right to determine how best to convey their message in dissent; peacefully and without intimidation. 

Everyone who disagrees with that message or how it is conveyed should seek understanding rather than running to condemnation.

On that I agree.  Just don't agree with disrespecting the flag.  I never said the players don't have the right... but they also don't have the right to be free of any consequences that arise (loss of job, etc).

Protest in the streets, peacefully, with the people.  Or, give up your game check and sit out a game or two (actually, I would respect that more).  Again, my own opinion.

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Sure. 

Doesnt make you any less wrong, but you are free to. ;-)

No, buddy. You are the one that is wrong!

*mashes the keyboard in indignation*

Agree to disagree, live and let live, without malice or vitriol.  Go 'Skins.

Also, has it been mentioned that Trump's supporters REVEL in not being politically correct, and brag about not being PC. But, a handful of black people choose to not be PC and they lose their ****?  

5 minutes ago, blueskin said:

On that I agree.  Just don't agree with disrespecting the flag.  I never said the players don't have the right... but they also don't have the right to be free of any consequences that arise (loss of job, etc).

Protest in the streets, peacefully, with the people.  Or, give up your game check and sit out a game or two (actually, I would respect that more).  Again, my own opinion.

Wanna know the point of protesting?  Attention. 

Kaep did what you are advocating, and gave away a million dollars, nobody noticed. He took a knee once, now the President and all of America is talking about that movement. 

Game, Kaepernick. 

7 minutes ago, blueskin said:

Insults vs insults.  We're all adults here right?  I will ask forgiveness for my use of screed and pantywaists if you'll ask forgiveness for saying I'm a troll or never-protester.

Not a troll.  Not a breitbarter.  Not a Republican nor a Democrat.  Not in antifa and I don't care for Huffpo.

I'm not going to apologize for calling you a troll because I think you are one.  Talented no doubt.  But still a troll.  Still insincere.  You made a lot of arguments that mirror the arguments you find in right wing forums in idea and language.  And you've made a lot of claims that have my BS detector going off.

I apologize if this is making it personal, but I don't believe you and it's going to take a while for you to demonstrate to me that you and your claims and arguments are authentic.

2 minutes ago, blueskin said:

You agree but you don't agree. Ok. The rest of your comments speak to your lack of tolerance. i.e.  "There should be consequences. They should do something else. They should be penalized for the way they choose to protest."

Also, has it been mentioned that Trump's supporters REVEL in not being politically correct, and brag about not being PC. But, a handful of black people choose to not be PC and they lose their ****?  

that goes both ways.  For the opinions I've stated here I've been nearly excommunicated by family members.

As I intimated in another thread, people are the problem.  Those with closed minds often don't see their own faults.  It goes on-- on both sides.  To me, antifa is the same as the neonazis, and democrats are the same as republicans, only with different emphases.

My argument, as I admitted, isn't iron-clad.  But I won't admit that my views aren't reasoned,  because I have reasoned my views.  I have thought long and hard about the things I believe, and I have lost friends over it, lost contact with loved ones over it.  But I will be true to myself.  

This isn't sophistry (forgot to comment on that one earlier)

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not going to apologize for calling you a troll because I think you are one.  Talented no doubt.  But still a troll.  Still insincere.  You made a lot of arguments that mirror the arguments you find in right wing forums in idea and language.  And you've made a lot of claims that have my BS detector going off.

I apologize if this is making it personal, but I don't believe you and it's going to take a while for you to demonstrate to me that you and your claims and arguments are authentic.

whatever dude.  We could skype, if you like, and if I have time (psych).  I'm not going to break my neck for your approval.

Should I send you my CV? Or would you use that information to doxx me?

God is my witness, I've told the truth.

Maybe your views aren't as reasoned as you think they are. 

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
- Marcus Aurelius

one of my favorite quotes.

Kushner used private email to conduct White House business - POLITICO:

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

6 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

You agree but you don't agree. Ok. The rest of your comments speak to your lack of tolerance. i.e.  "There should be consequences. They should do something else. They should be penalized for the way they choose to protest."

I agree in their right to protest.  I agree with certain Americans finding that disgusting.  I agree that if the corporation that employs them seeks to penalize them for disrupting or disrespecting the fans etc they can do so without violating the FA.

I don't agree with kneeling for the anthem, period.  Black fist to the sky, we can talk about that one, at least you show defiance instead of resignation or passivity.  You are still saluting the flag, but registering your distress.

And Trump has every right that Kaepernick has to vent his spleen, so long as he doesn't violate anyone's God-given or constitutionally-protected rights-- he hasn't yet, and probably won't.  And for what Trump said, he will risk consequences as well (no one has brought that up-- he could conceivably lose re-election over this, depending on the opinion of the electorate).

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

ok---blueskin and others---let's resume direct  topical discussion and put all the other stuff aside for now

per making assessments of posted content, i'm your huckleberry

I thought I was on topic??

Oh well.  I did like this, it was fun (not lying).  My wife is glaring daggers at me.  Those I engaged (I saw I was pretty much alone here) I hold no ill-will, except to stevemcqueen1 for calling me a liar.  

I've only been banned once here, I think for posting a thread incorrectly.  Don't want to be banned again.  

Back to topic- God bless America.  Protest away as it is your right.  And HTTR.

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Kushner used private email to conduct White House business - POLITICO:

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

Oh **** this IS a big deal and a major no no. I hope they don't just let this garbage slide, if it was anyone else he or she would be dismissed immediately if it was discovered.

Just now, spjunkies said:

Oh **** this IS a big deal and a major no no. I hope they don't just let this garbage slide, if it was anyone else he or she would be dismissed immediately if it was discovered.

Yes, it is.  It will slide, as it did with Lisa Jackson (Sec of EPA) last admin, and during Bush admin, and Clinton admin, and, well not before because they really didn't use emails that far back.

Not a Kushner fan in any event.  

Archived