Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Words still true today, MLK on the white moderate:

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

ok ok, I wake up, turn on my computer, and find that this protest thing with the NFL is starting to gain momentum.

First thing to cross my mind was, 'well there goes the fly-overs at the beginning of the year and Super Bowls'.

Trump crossed the line with the comment of firing NFL players for kneeling; I get that, its wrong.  Politics have no place in sports. Sports is a place people come to, to unwind from the headaches and issues of life, to cheer your favorite team on, having a beer or a soda with your friends.

But, the kneeling of players as a sign of protest is doing more of a dis-service than anything else. Is it illegal? Absolutely not. Is it fireable? Absolutely not.

Is it the wrong venue?  Absolutely.

Player protests have been going on since at least the Bush Dubya term, if not longer [ just can't remember right now ], with a player or players refusing to go to the White House after winning a championship in their sport. 

I get the protesting. I get why players AND fans are upset. And to be honest, a lot of the hatred and vitriol has been a case of wrong or inflated information. Now I know there are some law enforcement people who may have an agenda towards minorities, but it IS a 2-way street on that topic, so before you burn every flag, you might want to research some of the hate coming from the other sides as well before you make your final judgment.

To me, this flag burning and kneeling during the national anthem is wrong. It just is. We could go back and forth for hours or even days on the rights and wrongs of this country, on the hypocricy on both sides, there is more than enough blame on both sides that no one should feel they are absolutely right. But this is a damn football game, and to see how some players and now owners are dragging an issue into sports is disgusting. There is no place for it in sports. In fact, the absolute biggest problem of all is there is a particular side who refuse to acknowledge the truth about the 'big picture' in general, but instead tend to cherrypick incidents across the country and carry their protest based off of those cases, some of which are grossly inaccurate thanks to the media.

This generation is so lost and mis-guided, when their beliefs are so strong it affects their rational train of thought, and when proven wrong they either refuse to accept they are wrong, or they simply move it to a place to try and gain more support, i.e.; sports.   Support your country, respect each other, and just sit down at a table and hash the problems out. Call it as you see it, not as others tell you it is.

Where would you like black people to protest? People complained about the marches and now people are complaining about kneeling. 

Yes, Kap has an entitlement mentality, and his "protest" and its questionable origins are typical of that.   Unfortunately his supporters on here are unable to make a cogent argument in his defense, and resort only to name calling.  I guess I would be justified to call that typical as well.

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Really?  White people complaining about the country don't get called unpatriotic?  This is such a outlandish statement made simply to stoke discontent, I don't even know where to begin.  Should I provide links of white people being referred to as unpatriotic?  Or maybe black and brown people complaining that the majority haven't called unpatriotic?

You are right. I overgeneralized. Really it's a right wing talking point to label any dissent against the country they don't approve off, as unpatriotic. There are plenty of white activists who have stood for justice and gotten labeled unpatriotic because of it.

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

I found this thread interesting...might speak to those who hang their hat on the flag "disrespect" argument against those who choose to kneel or not stand. 

It goes on and on, but I think yall get the point.  And I can't find the exact tweet, but the Blue Lives Matter flag is in DIRECT violation of the flag code.  So, there.  L.O.L. 

Great thread but White America supremacy/manifest destiny has never cared about rule of law when they are in violation, so it will prolly fall on deaf ears.

19 minutes ago, readonly said:

Yes, Kap has an entitlement mentality, and his "protest" and its questionable origins are typical of that.   Unfortunately his supporters on here are unable to make a cogent argument in his defense, and resort only to name calling.  I guess I would be justified to call that typical as well.

What you posted is OPINION not fact. CK started this thing as a silent protest, the media asked him about it and he explained himself, if you want to believe his reasoning or not is on you. It's not my job or anyone else's to change your mind.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

What you posted is OPINION not face. CK started this thing as a silent protest, the media asked him about it and he explained himself, if you want to believe his reasoning or not is on you. It's not my job or anyone else's to change your mind.

In other words, if nobody had ever called him out on it, we still wouldn't know why he was slouching by the water jugs during the anthem (the kneeling came only after he was called on it)....brilliant protest.

49 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Gotcha.  Thanks.

Yea, I'm done.  I've made my points and if you haven't learned yet, you probably never will (and I mean "you" as the group, not you specifically).  And for the record, I wasn't just using Nazis and kneeling players, I also used a states rights advocate at McDonalds.  But I guess that wasn't worth looking at.  Hopefully at some point, you all will actually think about the point I'm making.  

In the eyes of the government, they should be.  And as I stated above.  My examples didn't only include racists.  But I geuss thinking that makes it easier to just ignore my point and bask in hypocrisy.

LOL, I answered the dumb hypothetical when I said POTUS should not call for anyone protesting anything to be fired. You fail to realize that you aren't making any kind of point. This is about the President being way out of line. I don't care nor do I think anyone else here cares if a private citizen thinks that a team should fire a player for kneeling. If people on the right want to call on players to be fired, they can have at it. 

Y'all know why Black Athletes are protesting correct? Equality and fairness. They don't want to die by police just because they were caught being black. Is that part understood? 

Y'all know why the Nazis where protesting in Charlottesville right? Cause Jews will not replace us. Y'all remember that right?

You people deciding to equate arguing against racial injustice to arguing for it - and the consequences that result of both - are exactly the problem and why this ass hat was elected. 

I am not a Kaepernick supporter either politically or athletically, nor do I support political statements by players during a sporting event.  In fact, I use sports as an escape from or terribly political society.

However, the ****ing president of the United States Of America calling citizens of his own country “sons of ****es” is completely uncalled for and unpresidential.  That’s bull**** and I hope all the players protest such a jackass statement by someone who is supposed to be the face of our country.

9 minutes ago, readonly said:

We've got a Kaepernick truther over here. Going to get to the bottom of this!

18 minutes ago, readonly said:

Kaep's protest at an NFL venue is logical. Very few problems are resolved or even addressed without a stink. You don't create a stink in a place where no one can smell it. So, the question at its heart is much simpler.

Do American citizens have a right to voice a political complaint? If so, do they have the right to do so in a public forum? If so, can they do so if it is non violent and does not incite violence?

I actually believe everyone should stand up for the Pledge and the Star Spangled Banner. However, I also believe that a lot of good has come out of protests and that, in fact, this nation was founded on protest. So, whether we are talking about the Stamp Act, the Quartering Act, Child Labor, Civil Rights, or police brutality... America improves when wrongs are brought to the forefront in a peaceful way and debated about and wrestled with.

To demand all protests be in a place where no one notices them and no one is inconvenienced is rather silly.

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Y'all know why Black Athletes are protesting correct? Equality and fairness. They don't want to die by police just because they were caught being black. Is that part understood? 

Y'all know why the Nazis where protesting in Charlottesville right? Cause Jews will not replace us. Y'all remember that right?

You people deciding to equate arguing against racial injustice to arguing for it - and the consequences that result of both - are exactly the problem and why this ass hat was elected. 

These people literally have no dignity. No sense of humanity, compassion, or empathy. @TheGreatBuzzand @twa are showing you that. @readonlyas well.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Kaep's protest at an NFL team is logical. Very few problems are resolved or even addressed without a stink. You don't create a stink in a place where no one can smell it. So, the question at its heart is much simpler.

Do American citizens have a right to voice a political complaint? If so, do they have the right to do so in a public forum? If so, can they do so if it is non violent and does not incite violence?

I actually believe everyone should stand up for the Pledge and the Star Spangled Banner. However, I also believe that a lot of good has come out of protests and that, in fact, this nation was founded on protest. So, whether we are talking about the Stamp Act, the Quartering Act, Child Labor, Civil Rights, or police brutality... America improves when wrongs are brought to the forefront in a peaceful way and debated about and wrestled with.

To demand all protests be in a place where no one notices them and no one is inconvenienced is rather silly.

To be sure, the NFL is not a public forum it is a private forum, and protests at NFL events can lawfully be snuffed out by the league or the owners at any time.  I don't think these protests have done anything to improve the discussion in this country.  And the league is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  If the protests escalate, they will lose fans.  If they take action to prohibit the protests, a different group of fans will leave.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

These people literally have no dignity. No sense of humanity, compassion, or empathy. @TheGreatBuzzand @twa are showing you that. @readonlyas well.

Thanks.  I have often thought about sharing my thoughts of you personally but have chosen to keep my opinion to myself regarding that out of respect.  

You do not know me.  You know nothing of my dignity, humanity, compassion, or empathy.  I would tell you where you can stick your opinion, but I don't need to see TK's hammer.

Just now, readonly said:

To be sure, the NFL is not a public forum it is a private forum, and protests at NFL events can lawfully be snuffed out by the league or the owners at any time.  I don't think these protests have done anything to improve the discussion in this country.  And the league is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  If the protests escalate, they will lose fans.  If they take action to prohibit the protests, a different group of fans will leave.

Ah, but there's the rub.

NFL venues are in that quasi-realm of public/private. After all, most stadiums are paid for out of public moneys. Regardless of that, you hit on a key point. The owners ought to have a say about whether they will allow their employees to protest. Now, whether an owner of one team can impose his will on the players of a different team is a different matter, but that's a valid thought.

What we have found is that the owners have sided on the right of the player's to protest. The league itself has come out in favor of the ability of athletes to protest. That should be the end of the discussion at least on a political can they/can't they level. I'll tell you who should not weigh in... the government. The government should not be telling its citizens how and where they can exercise free speech.

This whole affair is a good refresher on why the GOP must be crushed. I can't believe the level of stupidity we're dealing with here. You got Kilmer arguing that Trump is all the lefts fault and Repubkicans don't actually like him. You got twa defending him for hours and then coming back and saying "I haven't supported Trump's statements." This new idiot defends the racist president's racist remarks by calling the black athlete lazy and insolent and calls that "typical" but if I were to point out his racism it's going to be met with "oh, everyone who disagrees with you gets called a racist."

Whatever people.

Archived