Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

So, is the story behind this Woodward book 

1). Numerous Trump insiders sit for interviews with a known investigative reporter, and told him lots of things about Trump which they knew the boss wouldn't approve of. 

2). Woodward publishes the things they told him. 

3). And the people who told him these things rush out and claim that he's lying, and they didn't say that. 

I mean, if they didn't want these things published, why tell him?  Denying it after you tell him something is just a bit late. 

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

1). Numerous Trump insiders sit for interviews with a known investigative reporter, and told him lots of things about Trump which they knew the boss wouldn't approve of. 

3). And the people who told him these things rush out and claim that he's lying, and they didn't say that. 

I mean, if they didn't want these things published, why tell him?  Denying it after you tell him something is just a bit late. 

I figure they didn't tell what they said, they told what they had witnessed.  Problem is he got it from so many angles that it got what most everyone said.  DOH! 

19 minutes ago, Larry said:

Because they want the story out (especially the things that are damaging to their internal rivals), they just don't want to be blamed for it.  There are lots if different reasons people blab.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motives_for_spying

image.png.61d103b6fd5719ec8323cf37ed801fbc.png

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Because they want the story out (especially the things that are damaging to their internal rivals), they just don't want to be blamed for it.  There are lots if different reasons people blab.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motives_for_spying

I think another thing we need to bear in mind is how singularly incompetent most of the people who work for Trump or have worked for him have shown themselves to be, especially when it comes to underestimating how thorough other peoples' investigations and fact gathering is or can be. We've seen this when it comes to other reporting as well as the Mueller investigation; without fail, the Trumpsters seem to be caught off guard when they lie about saying/doing x, y, or z and their lie is discovered later after careful investigation. 

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Big talker, not a big doer. Rubio still doesn't impress me in any way.

That's a fair point, especially when it comes to standing up for what's right morally when doing so could damage him politically; I think he's a total political coward.

That being said, I can a least respect that he wasn't letting himself get pushed around and bullied by Jones. That guy is an abscess on the ass of humanity.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont understand why they even let Jones into these sorts of places. 

I also dont get why people give him what he wants, attention.  Im glad rubio punked him but i also wish none of us knew about this even happening.  Guy just needs to go away

53 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think another thing we need to bear in mind is how singularly incompetent most of the people who work for Trump or have worked for him have shown themselves to be, especially when it comes to underestimating how thorough other peoples' investigations and fact gathering is or can be. We've seen this when it comes to other reporting as well as the Mueller investigation; without fail, the Trumpsters seem to be caught off guard when they lie about saying/doing x, y, or z and their lie is discovered later after careful investigation. 

I keep reminding myself that back during the campaign, 

1). Their National Security expert was shocked when it was revealed that when somebody phones the Russian ambassador, the NSA records the phone call. 

2). The President's son (the person he puts in charge of everything) attempted to set up secret communications with Russia through the technique of having the candidate's son walk into the Russian embassy, so he could use their crypto gear. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I am sure much of it is:

Insider A&B confirm that C said "-----------"

insider B&C confirm that A said "----------"

Insider C&A confirm that B said "--------------------!"

After the fact, A,B, C all may or may-not admit that they spoke to Woodward, but they deny that THEY ever said  whatever second-hand <true statement> is attributed to them.

from "all the President's men... we all know that Woodward requires 2 sources for an indirect attribution :)

8 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Holy cow.  That kind of letter would be amazing in any banana republic.  What have we come to.  Shame on anyone who voted for this travesty.  

Shame on anyone who thinks this building up the military complex and "historic tax cuts" are proof of good things happening under Drumpf (not to mention the deregulation that's allowed companies to pollute more and not classify cancer causing agents as that).

Edit..regarding Sessions meeting with state AGs about social media sites possibly stifling the free exchange of ideas on their platforms"...wouldn't net neutrality have prevented that? 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/05/jeff-sessions-tech-conservative-bias-808685

Archived