Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 minutes ago, PCS said:

Pence? After this? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/20/in-cabinet-meeting-pence-praises-trump-once-every-12-seconds-for-3-minutes-straight/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3513560b3e5e

No thanks. He's probably in to this **** as much as the rest there. If not,then the Barilla based spine he possesses isn't strong enough to lead a trip through the  Smithsonian's, much less a country,(keeping in mind the next question "Then who else?"  Sigh. 

No national Republican is worthy of the office.  They all sold the country out to get a tax cut for the rich and a bunch of conservative activist judges appointed.  Believe me, no Republican is ever going to say one word about patriotism to me ever again.  Pence is certainly an untrustworthy, unpatriotic disgrace.  But Trump is a national crisis that needs to be resolved immediately and Pence is next in the line of succession and he will be better than Trump because no one else in the line could be worse than Trump.

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Except he's wrong.  Trump's ass is sitting in the oval office, capable of firing any member of his cabinet or staff.

I mean, I think it's clear he meant metaphorical activation of the 25th.

They need someone sitting in the chair rubber stamping their judges, but that's all they want.

14 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, I think it's clear he meant metaphorical activation of the 25th.

They need someone sitting in the chair rubber stamping their judges, but that's all they want. 

I know what he meant, but the point he's missing is that Trump can not be controlled.  He is not a rubber stamp.  He is a runaway train and it seems pretty clear that the cabinet and staff have been averting disasters by the seat of their pants.  He is an active and ongoing threat to national security.

12 hours ago, visionary said:

Were they secret?  Even if they were at the time.  If some of them are out of the admin and others are the ones making the denial...

I think the only thing that matters is the journo and source agreed that something was off the record.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I know what he meant, but the point he's missing is that Trump can not be controlled.  He is not a rubber stamp.  He is a runaway train and it seems pretty clear that the cabinet and staff have been averting disasters by the seat of their pants.  He is an active and ongoing threat to national security.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, this substitute 25th is much worse than the actual 25th they should be using.

You have to question the judgement of people that would sign on for this circus.  

I mean, I actually sort of get the notion of staying in the job to prevent things from being even worse than they already are.  Like Cohn stealing things of Trump's desk.  Imagine if he didnt do that.  That WH is bad, but it could be so much worse, which is scary.

I think Kelly actually feels some larger duty here to stick around.  He otherwise surely would be out under normal circumstances. 

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think Kelly actually feels some larger duty here to stick around.  He otherwise surely would be out under normal circumstances. 

I've wondered this myself.  I know Kelly in particular has caught a lot of flak for being attached to this President, and I know there's been some questionable opinions in regards to the Southern Border.  But both he (and Mattis) have had very respectable military careers, and I have to believe there's some sense of duty here to stay on and try to guide the country through this mess.  I look at the two of them differently than your Wilber Ross or Scott Pruitt types.

7 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I've wondered this myself.  I know Kelly in particular has caught a lot of flak for being attached to this President, and I know there's been some questionable opinions in regards to the Southern Border.  But both he (and Mattis) have had very respectable military careers, and I have to believe there's some sense of duty here to stay on and try to guide the country through this mess.  I look at the two of them differently than your Wilber Ross or Scott Pruitt types.

Right, but they could serve the country likewise by having him removed by exposing his ineptitude. Covering it is pointless at this point. The anecdote about Dowd telling Mueller they need to not expose Trump's idiocy to foreign leaders is absurd. They know. And while I believe Mattis in particular is a honorable man, they both have seen the military get a significant boost in spending.

37 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

So you find him credible.

Not quite sure what you mean.  By and large I think there are a lot of flaws with Woodward the journalist, most of which have been pointed out by the left and the mob over the past 10 years or so.  I think those criticisms have and had merit.

I hope that this book sticks better than the last book, which turned out to be another disaster for those trying to discredit trump.  For the sake of all.

57 minutes ago, Forehead said:

John Kelly's words have shown that he is far more in line with his boss' thinking on too many levels for me to give him a pass. I don't look at him any differently than his boss at this point.

Mattis and McMaster were the ones I thought were in it for country, one of which is now gone. People around 45 tend to take on his the worst of his characteristics over time, or at least they get worse at hiding their truth. I pray that Mattis is real.

Archived