Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 hours ago, visionary said:

Nope.  By their entire Party's behavior, in Washington, for more than a year.  

Trump is one guy.  One guy who wasn't even a Republican until he decided to use the Party as a publicity stunt for his own ego.  

The entire Republican Party, including their entire party-centered network of supporting entities, have been engaged in a deliberate, coordinated, systemic effort to promote party loyalty before every thing else - country, church, integrity, everything - since before Trump even took office.  (And, in many cases, since at least the days of W.)  

Trump didn't do that.  The GOP, the NRA, Fox News. . . They have been doing that.  And for a lot longer than Trump has been in politics.  

8 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

It seems to me that Newt Gingrich is who started the current round of really, really rancorous partisanship.  

There was a poster in here, (Predicto?), who has made the claim that the event which gave us today was Newt Gingrich's decision to eliminate, I think it was the Congressional Research Office. A non-partisan group of wonks whose job was to provide Congress with raw data, which they could then use when making decisions. 

According to his theory, this was done specifically for the purpose of making the newly-elected members dependant on their staffs, and lobbyists, to get data on the issues they were considering. It was this event which has led us to today's world of "oh, well, those aren't conservative facts".  

7 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Cover up the money trail!!!

Well this isn't good.

I swear, we have got to make major moves after 2018 to reverse this course.

Step 1, universal healthcare.  That alone would drastically reduce the dependency of people on their specific job which is a huge part of the problem.

27 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Step 1, universal healthcare.  That alone would drastically reduce the dependency of people on their specific job which is a huge part of the problem.

You all determined to make the same mistake again?

—————-

im enjoying the people on the right condemning what trump did and getting credit for it. 

They’re going to go back to defending him next week but our entire system is so dumbed down at this point they’ll get away with it. 

48 minutes ago, tshile said:

im enjoying the people on the right condemning what trump did and getting credit for it. 

They’re going to go back to defending him next week but our entire system is so dumbed down at this point they’ll get away with it. 

Going to go back to defending him and trying to interrupt the investigation. They are so clearly on the ropes you almost feel bad for them. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I'm observing that absolutely nothing was revealed in the last few days which wasn't publicly known, before Trump was even elected.  The only thing that's changed is that Trump was so blatant about felating Putin on TV that they now figure that their spin machine might not work on this one.  

And so they are now looking into whether maybe they can now turn on Trump, and people won't remember that every one of them was knowingly covering for him for over a year.  

One of the many depressing things about this?  They will probably succeed in selling that myth.  They will turn on Trump, put Pence in his place, go back to doing every other thing exactly the way they were doing, a week ago, and pretend that Trump's departure has magically carried away all of their sins.  (And get back to committing the same sins, again.)  

They did it with W, his last few years.  Once he became ineligible to run, (and therefore disposable), it became safe to pretend that all of the wars, and the deficits, and the partisanship, that they had all been doing, together, for the last several years, were on W, and the rest of them were all blameless.  (And therefore didn't have to change a thing.)  

And it worked.  Heck, I saw it among the conservative posters on this board.  Posters who had supported W's first term.  Who had voted to reelect him.  Then began announcing that well, they didn't really support W, and maybe they were wrong about him, but they were still going to continue voting Republican, they just weren't going to vote for W any more.  

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Russia is rewriting our laws with the blessing and aid of the GOP.

I don't really see Russia rewriting our laws that much.  Me, I see the hands of the Koch brothers and the rest of the corporations doing that.  

And that's one of the many reasons why I am not going to fall for it when they try to pull the "Hey, we turned on Trump (when we figured that it wasn't going to work any more), so we're the Good Guys again, right?" move.

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

very possible he leaked the title of his first post-presidency book that someone else will write: "Only Because of Me"

Wow.  NATO has paid $33B, over and above what they were paying, solely because of Trump?  And it's only been what, a week?

This might be better than him denucelarizing NK in a matter of hours.  

Who did NATO pay this to?  I'd love to hear the person who was paid this money tell us what they're going to do with the money.  

When even 50% of Fox News is reporting on Trump for what he/it (the situation...) is......how does the "Fake News" BS still go over with some folks?  

At this point the GOP is culpable.  There are either a fair amount of them that are compromised in this scandal as well or they are all complicit. They were willing to go along with this buffoon in order to get the tax cuts and supreme court picks.  Two things, mind you, that still would have happened under any of the GOP candidates standing on the stage next to Trump two years ago.  They sold their souls for this and come off as the biggest idiots having to continually defend Trump, but that's what they signed on for.  

I am not sure what is brewing in the head's of the Cult of Trump at the moment.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Look, the GOP are still going to vote for the Supreme Court nominee, still carry out their inhumane agenda. 

This Trump thing is just a bigger than normal distraction.

They're ****s all of them. They KNOW he's bought and paid for by Putin but they are going to milk him for everything they can until we throw their sorry asses into the streets!

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Look, the GOP are still going to vote for the Supreme Court nominee, still carry out their inhumane agenda. 

This Trump thing is just a bigger than normal distraction.

Pretty much.  Trump's actions just give the GOP cover to carry out their everyday *normal* bad policy.

Archived