Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

21 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What happens in another country is irrelevant.

What happens if there are protests and blimps in those states, the Dems need in 2020, is irrelevant.

2020 will come down to what most elections come down to.  The economy stupid.  If the economy is doing well in the states that Trump needs to win the presidency, then he will win reelection.  That's it, plain and simple.  The rest will be ignored, including proof of Russian Collusion.  Right now and lot can happen before election day 2020; I don't see how the Dems beat Trump in 2020.

When it comes down to actually voting, all those people who voted for Trump in 2016; will do so again.  I do believe the overall vote against Trump, will be even higher than 2016.  Blue state votes against Trump will be through the roof. Thing is, in the red states and the swing states; Trump will get enough votes, to win the electoral college again.I could actually see Trump increasing his vote total in those states.

If the economy is bad, then Trump loses alot of voters. Those loss of voters, will be enough to elect the Dem.  Though, I think the diehard Trumpster; will not blame him for a bad economy and thus not hold him responsible. 

If there is proof of collusion with Russia you think Trump wins again with a good economy?  You have got to be kidding me.  He probably won't even finish his term if there is proof of collusion.  

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If there is proof of collusion with Russia you think Trump wins again with a good economy?  You have got to be kidding me.  He probably won't even finish his term if there is proof of collusion.  

Looking at the path he took to get here, what makes you think he would lose support?

GRAB EM BY THE ****!!!

The GOP has been executing a two part strategy:

part 1: He didn’t do anything. There’s no collusion

part 2: yeah, but so what colluding isn’t so bad. Anyone would do it if given the chance. 

The GOP has shown no sign of any line they won’t cross or limbo under. Right now, I have to believe that goes for both Congress and GOP voters. 

52 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Looking at the path he took to get here, what makes you think he would lose support?

GRAB EM BY THE ****!!!

He was right, he could shoot a man and his base would still support him.  Of course that says it all with regard to his base.  But his base alone won't carry him to another term.   He won the first time for one reason:  Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate who still won the popular vote.  He drew the Cleveland Browns and thinks he's the New England Patriots.  Now if there was proof of collusion he may not get impeached, although that's still very possible if the Dems win more seats at the mid-terms,  but he surely will lose the swing voters that just could not vote for Hillary. Any candidate the Dems nominate not named Hillary Clinton will be enough to beat him in 2020.  

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He was right, he could shoot a man and his base would still support him.  Of course that says it all with regard to his base.  

Kind of off topic, but this part is great.  Didn't Dick Cheney accidentally shoot an old man in the face while he was Vice President?  I know it was an accident, but it just seems like such an odd thing to have happened in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

Kind of off topic, but this part is great.  Didn't Dick Cheney accidentally shoot an old man in the face while he was Vice President?  I know it was an accident, but it just seems like such an odd thing to have happened in my lifetime.

if memory serves, the **** he shot, apologized to him

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Now if there was proof of collusion he may not get impeached, although that's still very possible if the Dems win more seats at the mid-terms,  but he surely will lose the swing voters that just could not vote for Hillary. Any candidate the Dems nominate not named Hillary Clinton will be enough to beat him in 2020.  

Impeachment does not mean he gets removed from office. I think two-thirds of the Senate would have to vote to remove him and that isn't happening.

The difference between 2016 and 2020 is that Trump will be an incumbent president. Incumbent presidents are difficult to beat if the economy is not in or recently experienced a recession. Both W and Obama were relatively weak incumbents that were able to get re-elected. I agree with you that Trump's egomania run wild is a big question mark, but as long as the economy is decent, I suspect that even enough swing voters who went against Hillary will give him the benefit of the doubt of "having not screwed anything up."  Who the Dems nominate will be important, but its tough to see anyone as inspiring as, say, Bill Clinton was in 1992. 

34 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Impeachment does not mean he gets removed from office. I think two-thirds of the Senate would have to vote to remove him and that isn't happening.

The difference between 2016 and 2020 is that Trump will be an incumbent president. Incumbent presidents are difficult to beat if the economy is not in or recently experienced a recession. Both W and Obama were relatively weak incumbents that were able to get re-elected. I agree with you that Trump's egomania run wild is a big question mark, but as long as the economy is decent, I suspect that even enough swing voters who went against Hillary will give him the benefit of the doubt of "having not screwed anything up."  Who the Dems nominate will be important, but its tough to see anyone as inspiring as, say, Bill Clinton was in 1992. 

Assuming the economy is good:

In Blue States, the Dems will run up the score; surpassing the 2016 vote totals. So, Trump will lose the popular vote again.

In Red States, Trump will run up the score, equaling at least his 2016 vote totals.

In Swing states, just who isn't going to vote for Trump again?  Maybe those Sanders voters will go with the Dems, but I doubt they are that many Sanders voters that voted for Trump; to make a difference.  Suburban women, disgusted by his behavior. Are they going to be disgusted enough or will they fall in line, since the economy is good.  I think they will mostly fall in line.  There's a chance Trump could win over some blacks/hispanics in just enough amounts to prevent Dems winning the swing states they need.  At this moment, I have a hard time seeing the rest belt going against Trump.

Assuming the economy bad:

In Blue States, the Dems will run up the score; surpassing the 2016 vote totals. So, Trump will lose the popular vote again.

In the Red States, Trump gets fewer votes but he still wins those states.

In the swing states, that is where Trump could be foiled by a bad economy.  I think the diehard Trumpsters, will not blame him and vote him for anyway.  Suburban Women though, will then use their disgust of his behavior; not to vote for him again. Some will vote for the Dem, some will vote third party and some won't vote at all.  The regular GOPers, while not voting Democrat may either vote third party or stay home.  This would be where the Dems should be able to flip those swings states back to their column and beat Trump in 2020.

As for collusion, it doesn't matter to the GOP voters.  I think we will find out that the GOP also colluded with the Russians in 2016.  Trump, the GOP and their voters will be working with the Russians this fall and in 2020.  Hillary was the existential threat in 2016; so collusion was justified to save America; in their minds.  It will be justified in 2018 and beyond; to save America from the Dems; in their minds.

14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

As for collusion, it doesn't matter to the GOP voters.  I think we will find out that the GOP also colluded with the Russians in 2016.  Trump, the GOP and their voters will be working with the Russians this fall and in 2020.  Hillary was the existential threat in 2016; so collusion was justified to save America; in their minds.  It will be justified in 2018 and beyond; to save America from the Dems; in their minds.

This point can't be stressed enough. The GOP and their base view the Democrats as their true enemy and the Russians as an ally in their battle against liberalism. 

CBS: Worker wages drop while companies spend billions to boost stocks

Six months after the Tax Cut and Jobs Act became law, there's still little evidence that the average job holder is feeling the benefit.

Worker pay in the second quarter dropped nearly one percent below its first-quarter level, according to the PayScale Index, one measure of worker pay. When accounting for inflation, the drop is even steeper. Year-over-year, rising prices have eaten up still-modest pay gains for many workers, with the result that real wages fell 1.4 percent from the prior year, according to PayScale. The drop was broad, with 80 percent of industries and two-thirds of metro areas affected.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worker-wages-drop-while-companies-spend-billions-to-boost-stocks/

---------------------------------------------------------

This can't be a surprise, can it.

The problem with Trickle Down is that the billionaires and corporations build a dam so that there is no leakage. The reason that Republicans keep trying trickled down is because it never works.

Archived