Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

31 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I’m curios.  What do people here think the affect of protests and blimps are in the states the Dems need to improve in 2020?   Think this helps or hurts Trump?

Rightly or wrongly, I think Dems by in large have decided to cater to the liberal left rather than try to occupy the vacated middle.  

My hope is we get three parties with a new one occupying the middle.  But I won't hold my breath.

29 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I’m curios.  What do people here think the affect of protests and blimps are in the states the Dems need to improve in 2020?   Think this helps or hurts Trump?

Virtually no affect, I’d guess.  Trumpets are what they are.  More moderate/Independent voters probably aren’t going to be too swayed by our allies disliking/hating the President - the’ve already made up their mind about him.  

There’s more to it, but that’s my first blush reaction anyway.  

35 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

LOL, I think people have bigger issues on their minds than balloons in London.  

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Can they vote?

I think the effect is neutral, but it might be a positive when it comes to morale. 

It might galvanize those who oppose Trump. As for his supporters, they might also rally to defend their guy, but they might deflate at being represented by someone who causes them such embarrassment. 

I’d like to believe most Republicans aren’t pro Trump btw. Just like I’d like to believe most conservatives aren’t pro Treason. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And if the balloons and foreign protests are a big issue for American voters (beyond the Trumpets), we have another, bigger issue to worry about.  

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Except it’s headline news.  So obviously it’s a big deal 

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He doesnt like it. That's good enough for alot of us. 

That was a stupid question unless you have some other point to it  

Right.  I get that.  And the fact that the left snickers and laughs at this kind of thing enegizes his support. 

Im dumbfounded that you folks don’t understand this yet. 

52 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

None and no. Or it shouldn't, because the people there aren't Dems. Now of course there are crazy signs at these things that can be singled out to disparage the group, but again it's Brits. Kind of amazing the guy is such a douche that he can inspire foreigners to protest in those numbers.

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Right.  I get that.  And the fact that the left snickers and laughs at this kind of thing enegizes his support. 

We understand it.  We don't give a **** about the rights feelings anymore.  Fixing this horrible situation doesn't depend on convincing Trump's morally bankrupt base to change their tune.  

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

For God's sake, have you ever watched a Trump rally? "Oh you dems, being all rude and whatnot."

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

We understand it.  We don't give a **** about the rights feelings anymore.  

Clearly.  That’s why the Dems will continue to lose.  

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

For God's sake, have you ever watched a Trump rally? "Oh you dems, being all rude and whatnot."

Whataboutism!!!!!

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

We understand it.  We don't give a **** about the rights feelings anymore.  

I will say that I do care about those on the right that feel marginalized by the current GOP.  I’m not looking to cater to them persay, but I do empathize with their plight.  

If positions were reversed (Dem officials setting up a traitorous crazytown to live in), I’d be in the same boat... marginalized by my own party, hating them for staining the Party and Country, but still loathe to vote Republican.  I’d still do it though.  

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I like your confidence.  Nearly every election that has occurred since Nov 16 flies in the face of your comment, but your confidence is commendable.  

The GOP has destroyed the Dems across the board for the last decade outside of Obama’s popularity. Across state local and national elections.  But sure.  The one off special mid March elections are probably a better indicator of the voting trends. And I’m sure the GOP will continue to nominate pedophiles making it easy for the Dems.  

Im thrilled at the lefts confidence locally and congressional. .  Sadly I’m afraid the result will be Trump again which is a disaster nationally. Which is why I’m constantly trying to convince the few left wingers that are interested in more than just hysterics that they need to pause and realize their actions are hurting their goals. 

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Right. I totally forgot that his support is waaayyyyy above snickering at things like this lol

And those poor moderates. Now they have to vote Trump cause England or some other country has a baby Trump balloon. 

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

The GOP has destroyed the Dems across the board for the last decade outside of Obama’s popularity.

Both your main point and your caveat are entirely functions of voter enthusiasm.  Certainly Dems did not have that in non-Presidential elections the past 10 years.  It sure looks like they have it now.  

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Across state local and national elections.  But sure.  The one off special mid March elections are probably a better indicator of the voting trends. And I’m sure the GOP will continue to nominate pedophiles making it easy for the Dems.  

Im thrilled at the lefts confidence locally and congressional. .  Sadly I’m afraid the result will be Trump again which is a disaster nationally. Which is why I’m constantly trying to convince the few left wingers that are interested in more than just hysterics that they need to pause and realize their actions are hurting their goals. 

I'm sure you are thrilled b/c you think the confidence will translate into complacency (like 2016).  I do not see that happening with the ongoing affront to American values and norms living in the White House reminding people every day that he is unfit for the job.  And i strongly believe, because we have seen it repeatedly since the beginning of 2017, that it will translate to down ballot success.  This will come from people who didn't think voting was important actually turning out, not from convincing Trump's base that they are wrong.  

@Kilmer17I recognized the validity in this POV of yours, but it’s sort of a rock and a hard place scenario, IMO.  Protest the President (et al) and risk energizing Republicans, or staying docile and risk not energizing the Dems base enough to win.  

I do agree that Dem voters should not intentionally antagonize and attack non Trump Republicans, but if those same Republicans are offended because of Dem activism (and protests by British people that we have no sway over), well, too bad I guess.  

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Which is why I’m constantly trying to convince the few left wingers that are interested in more than just hysterics that they need to pause and realize their actions are hurting their goals. 

I really want you to explain to me how these people care enough about "hysterics" to vote against whatever it is you perceive the Dems to be doing wrong, but they settle for the group that is arguably doing it worse

Seriously im not being a dick this time I dont understand your logic. 

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I do agree that Dem voters should not intentionally antagonize and attack non Trump Republicans, but if those same Republicans are offended because of Dem activism (and protests by British people that we have no sway over), well, too bad I guess.  

This is a good point and i'd like to clarify, if im not being clear, that all of my posts are referring to Trump's base, not the very small sliver of rationale people that vote R out of, i dunno, habit or deep seeded love of tax cuts that overwhelms their ability to spot a threat to our democracy. 

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I like your confidence.  Nearly every election that has occurred since Nov 16 flies in the face of your comment, but your confidence is commendable.  

Yeah, no worry about what Trump might be doing to the Republican party after the loss of an Alabama Senate seat. There are numerous parallels to 2010 gong on. The second you think one side is finished is when it swings the other way. 2008 the Ds had the Presidency and 60 Senate seats. 2002 it looked like Bush was untouchable. A lot can happen in a short time, the swing voter is fickle.

Archived