Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Just now, redskinss said:

Hey cleitas can you explain that picture to me, I don't get the joke.

It's a screen shot from Mystery Science Theater 3000.  The figures in the foreground watch cheesy movies and inject hilarious, sarcastic comments in real time. 

They should do it for these idiotic press briefings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

Anything said on a 1MC is public. Any civilian on the pier can hear it. I've done a couple hundred quarterdeck watches, announced events (like piss tests), bonged my Captain on and off my ship. 

If you want to say something quietly in the Navy, good luck. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-navy-secretary-roosevelt-crozier.html

How a Ship’s Coronavirus Outbreak Became a Moral Crisis for the Military

In a profanity-laced reprimand, the acting Navy secretary criticized sailors aboard the Theodore Roosevelt for cheering their fired captain, who had requested more assistance to fight the infection.

• April 6, 2020
    •  

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s acting Navy secretary, in a profanity-laced reprimand delivered Monday, criticized sailors aboard the stricken aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt for cheering their captain, who was removed after he appealed for help as coronavirus spread throughout the warship.

The Navy’s top civilian, Thomas B. Modly, delivered his message over the ship’s loudspeaker system and deepened the raw us-versus-them atmosphere that had already engulfed the carrier. It also exposed the schism between a commander in chief with little regard for the military’s chain of command and the uniformed Navy that is sworn to follow him.

Like much in the Trump administration, what began as a seemingly straightforward challenge — the arrival of coronavirus onboard a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier — has now engulfed the military, leading to far-reaching questions of undue command influence and the demoralization of young men and women who promise to protect the country. At its heart, the crisis aboard the Theodore Roosevelt has become a window into what matters, and what does not, in an administration where remaining on the right side of a mercurial president is valued above all else.

The crew of the Roosevelt had already registered its discontent with the Trump administration’s decision to remove the commander, by cheering for Capt. Brett E. Crozier as he walked down the gangway last week and left the ship. ...

Mr. Modly, Navy officials say, was angered about what he viewed as a public rebuke from the crew, and flew 8,000 miles to Guam to vent his ire to the sailors himself, according to audio recordings of the address that members of the crew shared with The New York Times and other news organizations. ...

He complained that Captain Crozier’s letter about coronavirus on the ship caused a political headache in Guam.

“Think about that when you cheer the man off the ship who exposed you to that,” Mr. Modly said, according to the recordings.

Much more, including Trump's ham handed involvement:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-navy-secretary-roosevelt-crozier.html

14 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Finally..after talking about it for months..its gaining traction.

Robespierre was one of the biggest proponents for it during French Revolution and also one of the last to get it himself...

Re: Moral crisis and the military 

This is something that needs to be addressed more.  And it is hard for us currently serving because we shouldn't  be saying anything negative.  I wish I could say more.  But have to rely on civilians to make this known for us.

😔

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This is something that needs to be addressed more.  And it is hard for us currently serving because we shouldn't  be saying anything negative.  I wish I could say more.  But have to rely on civilians to make this known for us.

😔

Vote the ****er out.  All we can do, we still admire and are thankful for you guys.  Know that.

ah, bubbly-brained steffy grishman....she should be missed about as much as an std, which is how i rate her desirability in, well, any capacity

that may be a fairly accurate term to apply to trump and all his malevolent moronic minions----sexually transmitted disease

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

😔

it's a real concern of mine---a serious deterioration of very important traditions and values fundamental to their operation in a democratic society that only exists by top-down cohesion across the board (being on same page regularly) and leadership competence being at as high a level as possible

as that goes, discipline may follow and it's hard to gauge to what extent any deterioration will run or how deep and wide some issues may become 

all our institutions are flawed, not all to the same degree, but i still have a lot of faith in our military while being quite concerned too

One of the (many) things that pisses me off about Republicans is about how they get freedom so ****ing wrong. If you don't understand how Freedom and Responsibility are inextricably linked you don't know a god damn thing about freedom.  

The only way you can get away from or avoid the reality of their linkage is by using other people. Using them to bear the brunt of your responsibility and consequences or using their capabilities and efforts to leverage the fruits of freedom you would have been unable to enjoy on your own. 

The same also holds true for power and service. The more powerful you become the more of a servant you become. That is how life is supposed to work. Power isn't for yourself, it is meant to be shared and employed for the betterment of all. If you don't, you will eventually be destroyed like every other tyrant or dictator. People have their heads so far up their ****ing ass that they don't realize that the end goal of life isn't for everyone to be exploiting and preying on each other. That's no how nature and animals even work, how can we **** up life this badly?

Do people not realize where that direction of behavior ultimately leads everyone? It leads to one group of people having a cheap, unhealthy, meaningless, but comfortable life while the rest of humanity is born over and over again into unending pain and suffering until they manage to rise up and kill the parasites that other group of humans have transformed into. Why do we have to keep driving along this road?

"With great power, comes great responsibility" but also with great freedom, comes great responsibility.

58 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Kayleigh McEnany becomes the new press secretary for a president who sees himself as his own best press secretary

I love that phrasing.  That's poetic.  

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh no, not her crazy ass

That tweet mentions two Trump Press Secretaries.  

(And your comment pretty much describes all of them.  Well, the female ones.)  

The next President is going to have a hell of a time putting this back together. Hell im not even sure if it’s possible anymore. 

Imagine this being your job. To clean up after this guy. 

edit: words are hard 

Archived