brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

21 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

At the very least, dems need to take back the Senate so this clear obfuscation of the constitution can stop. They need to immediately pass laws lessening some of the powers of the Majority Leader like laws preventing SCOTUS votes being put off for years. 

If the Dems do take the Senate, what makes you think they won't just use the power in the same way for their own agenda?  People aren't usually willing to vote power away from themselves. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Bang said:

And yet in the face of all of it, we still think an election will end this and he will abide by a result in which he does not win.

Every time he can't do something, he does. Every time he destroys an institution designed to protect against someone like him, we say, "Oh boy in November we can vote him out", and every time it sounds further from reality. 

Hope I'm wrong. Best be ready.

~Bang

You and Bill Maher would probably get along pretty well...

29 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If the Dems do take the Senate, what makes you think they won't just use the power in the same way for their own agenda?  People aren't usually willing to vote power away from themselves. 

I said they need to, I didn't say they would. I agree it's unlikely. But at least they will not go as far as the republicans have in suppressing voters and ignoring he constitution. I am not a huge fan of either, but for me republicans have reached a moral low ground that I have not seen before in my 60 yrs. I will take the dems over the reps every time. At least they try to actually help people even if they are also driven by corporate elitism and the massive war machine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trump is correct about one thing, if the Democrats ever got funding to ensure fair voting, the GOP would likely never win again on the national stage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You and Bill Maher would probably get along pretty well...

😁 probably not. He can be funny, but he can be too much of a sanctimonious prick for me to ever really sit through one of his show.. one of those "let me tell you how to think' liberals.

~Bang

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bang said:

😁 probably not. He can be funny, but he can be too much of a sanctimonious prick for me to ever really sit through one of his show.. one of those "let me tell you how to think' liberals.

~Bang

I feel you, I believe I could "partake" with him and know when to change the subject : )

He's one of those few folks I listen to what they have to say because I disagree with them, but respect the process for how they come to those conclusions and opinions.  I have a George Will book on my reading list, for example, and plan to to read Federalist Papers next.

• Like 3

Trump would be so happy. One of the fellow patients here said if Obama was President, the death toll would be higher. Just remained silent.

• Sad 3

23 hours ago, Llevron said:

The next President is going to have a hell of a time putting this back together. Hell im not even sure if it’s possible anymore. 

Imagine this being your job. To clean up after this guy. 

edit: words are hard 

And if it turns out to be Biden in 2020, republicans will shriek about the deficit, the 1% tax break, tariffs, and children in cages at the border.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump would be so happy. One of the fellow patients here said if Obama was President, the death toll would be higher. Just remained silent.

Well, more people did die from H1N1 in 2009-10 than from Covid…….

…...oh wait 😀

10 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

At this point, I'm all for the Dems doing that. Obama bent over backwards time and again to find compromise with the GOP and they never supported ****, so **** all of them. I'm not saying they should just ram everything down the throats of the GOP, but if they aren't willing to do anything and vote in favor of things, **** them. This is all on McConnell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

When's last time GOP even proposed any anti-corruption legislation, let alone passed any? 

It really remains to be seen if Dems do full review of loopholes Trump was gleefully sticking his **** into, but I think we all know who wont at this point.

12 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

So Susan is like really, really, really concerned right now?

She wants an explanation she already has. They told him can officially grab this country by the ***** jus a couple months ago. She gonna have to come better then that if she wants to save her Senate seat.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

When's last time GOP even proposed any anti-corruption legislation, let alone passed any? 

My comment wasn't in any way meant as some defense of what the GOO does.  Sorry if it came off that way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, purbeast said:

BtH0gpK.png

Just like libruls to make fun of the way millions of hard working real Americans eat their sandwiches. I bet you snowflakes even cut your crusts. 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲 #MAGA

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Haha 4

I'm waiting to hear he's booking out hospice rooms at Mar a Lago.  If you really love her, you'll let your grandma die...in luxury.