Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

I so want to argue this, but my faith has been disabused. 

What I will try to believe is that most people are good and generally non-racist, but the squeaky wheel... that loud minority overshadows all the decent people. Even so, my current perception of Americans is that at least a quarter of us are dangerously racist or are sympathetic to racist views. 

The analogy I always use about being a minority is that its kind of like following your favorite team on the road.  If you're sitting in the stadium, it doesn't really matter if 0.1% of the home team's fans are terrible, or if that number is closer to 10%.  What matters is whether any of the ~150 people near you are jerks.  Obviously in the latter case its far more likely you'll have an unpleasant afternoon. But my point is that, I don't need there to be ~6,000 violent Philly fans harassing me, just 1.  And we have a president who is feeding that guy drinks and egging him on because it feeds his own ego.

I honestly think the people going to Trump's rallies are a very tiny portion of America.  Broad studies show this is still a very pro-immigration country, and one of the few places in the world where people can not only immigrate, but also get the full opportunity to truly integrate in society.  But Trump just strikes me as a deeply insecure man.  He's been a massive BSer his entire career and most of us just followed along because it was comical. (Seriously, does anyone remember any of the big American industrialists selling their own branded steaks, branded vodka, or branded diploma mill?) Even the times he came close to being relevant, he was just trying to insert himself into something else (e.g.: the full page ad for the Central Park Five, or pretty much every episode of his show, where he spent the episode kissing up to whatever brand/company was sponsoring and being featured in the challenges, followed by five minutes at the end where he was a complete tough-guy on the contestants).  He's finally found the formula to get the adulation he craves.

it is funny to see how you can show humans a detailed blueprint of what to watch out for and see them take in the information, understand it, talk about it for decades and then stumble cluelessly down the exact road to doom that had been described to them and that they had discussed all those years

as one of the monitor implants of the galactic council i'm glad our technoids modified your dna to make that trait dominant

Normalizing Nazis and their rhetoric is how he wins again. Everyone hand wringing “omggg he retweeted Nazis” is 4 years in the past. He’s already normalized the talking points of white nationalist groups. We see on this very board that his rhetoric, rather than being considered an existential threat to our civil structure, is somehow weighed against the policy agenda of his opponents. Racism is already on equal footing with ideas about healthcare and education.

Damn Pence again.   Visited the Kennedy Space Center today.   Pence was there for a bit.  I didn't see him, he probably was in areas not open to general public.

On the bus back from where they keep the SAturn V rocket; we had to wait for Pence's motorcade to pass.  He was going back to his plane, which was parked on one of Kennedy's runways.

5 hours ago, visionary said:

Yeah, 'send them back" is not a viable replacement for "lock her up" in my opinion. First off it's just blatantly racist. Second he's punching way down at freshman congress women. The amount of time and energy he is expending lying about them is yet another indication of how completely unfit he is to run the country.

2 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Yeah, 'send them back" is not a viable replacement for "lock her up" in my opinion. First off it's just blatantly racist. Second he's punching way down at freshman congress women. The amount of time and energy he is expending lying about them is yet another indication of how completely unfit he is to run the country.

You know Native Americans are the only ones, who have the right to say; "Go back to where you came from".

This country was their land before the White Man stole it from them.

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know Native Americans are the only ones, who have the right to say; "Go back to where you came from".

This country was their land before the White Man stole it from them.

I mean I guess anywhere outside of Mesopotamia could say it, right?

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I can't believe I am going to defend Cheeto Mussolini, but to be fair, Obama did the same flip flop going from ultra-liberal senator to centrist president.

It’s not quite the same thing.  (Assuming you're correct) The issue isn’t just that he said one thing before and is saying something contradictory now.  It’s the delusional or blatantly false way he says it.  And the fact Mulvaney has used the debt ceiling as a weapon during this exact term in office.

3 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Both of those were absolutely unprecedented and unacceptable.

The first because it was a candidate for President of the United States literally saying that if he were elected he would weaponize the DoJ in order to go after his political opponents in an attempt to have them incarcerated.

The second because it's just 100% wide open blatantly racist.

Both of them are radically un-American. 

Trump and his crew are morons.... its really GOP bootlickers and synchopants.

I want someone like Obama's steady hand back on the wheel of our country. Were all of his policies what I would like? No.

Is he statesman of first class? Absolutely.

Sadly, the GOP is a bunch of King's men / Tory / Royalists. Everything they claimed Obama did in his 8 years, Trump has done and worse.

Has there ever been a quiet stable week from POTUS? And there's doubt because people don't like Liz Warren or Bernie Sanders? Hopefully Brand X Democrat does better than Hillary...and even with the weight Hillary brought she won the popular vote.... had too high view of the voters last time around.

Archived