Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Trump:  "**** we can't go with Bob now.  We need someone else.  Get me another Kraft!

Mulvaney:  "Which Kraft?"

Trump: "Oh, yeah go with her."

Mulvaney: "I don't think Kellyanne appreciated that nickname."

Trump: "Wait...did you say Kelly...Kelly Craft?  That's it!  I can't believe I thought of it!"  

11 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That's not an amazing thing to say. On average 50% of the population is dumber than the average person. Is it so incredible to say that 33% are in that 50%?

I'm not going to derail the thread over this but in the course of conversations elsewhere vis-a-vis the psychologies of what we are going through, this is not only unusual or surprising, it is amazingly typical and mainstream. The vast majority of people, including you and me and most everyone here, have this set worldview of themselves and others and continually modify that based on their day to day experience, it is a lot like your inner ear keeping your balance. You're not even aware of that unless you do something really loopy to disrupt it but we could function without that program running continuously in the background. Most people think they are "smart", and constantly redefine that so that they fall into the category. When they come up against something that might undermine that assessment that they cannot redefine or rationalize so that they qualify, they dismiss it. They don't just ignore, it literally ceases to be, they erase it from their internal calculations.

What many might consider or label as "stupid" people live an existence crafted to allow them to function, they unconsciously avoid disruptive experience that undermines their gestalt and tell themselves (and each other) that "those" people really are not any smarter than they are, they are just putting on airs, pretending to be smarter in order to make "us" look bad in comparison. This applies to screaming "Fake news!" when the media asks questions they do not and cannot answer, it is the basis for a lot of racial antipathy because if "those" people turn out to be normal human beings with the same needs and motivations as them, well then it not only does not justify their unwillingness to interact but calls into question the entire foundation of their belief system.

The whole universe of psychological reaction here stems from insecurities and fears not faced or even acknowledged that fester overtime, forcing people to dig their ruts deeper and deeper until "you have to be the problem" is the only solution to the equation.

I have watched this exact reaction play out here many times, people defending getting drunk at FedEx and ruining others game day, gun advocates dismissing arguments over school massacres, people whining about BigBrother tracking their phones but flinching if anyone even suggests just turning the damn thing off, etc., etc., and so on.

from the above tweet:

Asked about criticism of Labor Sec’y Acosta for his handling as US Attorney of Jeffrey Epstein’s sex abuse of underage girls, POTUS said “I really don’t know too much about it. I know he’s done a great job as labor secretary and that seems like a long time ago,”

That dollar I bet that the infamous pee tape will show Trump with under-age girls?

Up my bet to $10,000,000.

~Bang

@LD0506

i dont argue with your post but the tone or context given the post you’re replying to. 

It seems to imply, intended or not, that the issue of a vast majority of people are uninformed on so many important things in life re: voting as a citizen. 

This idea deal that 50% are “dumber than average” is so underselling the issue. 

If I think about what makes a good citizen... apathy and willingness to see how the world is for someone else, understanding tax policy and basic economics about our different segments of society (trickle down vs how government support money affects rich vs poor), the basics of government debt re: economy, what’s going on in the world, basics of our education and criminal justice system... gerrymandering, election fraud issues....

to me the vast majority underperforms. I would consider myself “adequate” in these areas in that I can at least follow a good conversation, even occasionally comment/contribute. When I read/hear what other people think on these topics.... even I can tell they’re clueless. 

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

that undermines their gestalt

I have watched this exact reaction play out here many times, people defending getting drunk at FedEx and ruining others game day, gun advocates dismissing arguments over school massacres, people whining about BigBrother tracking their phones but flinching if anyone even suggests just turning the damn thing off, etc., etc., and so on.

"undermines their gestalt" is one of the best phrases I've seen on this board. I tip my hat to you.

4 hours ago, Bang said:

from the above tweet:

Asked about criticism of Labor Sec’y Acosta for his handling as US Attorney of Jeffrey Epstein’s sex abuse of underage girls, POTUS said “I really don’t know too much about it. I know he’s done a great job as labor secretary and that seems like a long time ago,”

"I know nothing about it, and I've decided that my first justification* will be ...."

* Past experience says there will be others. 

Archived