Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Question:

is everyone that worked in the trump admin/campaign forever tainted goods

This situation is different than if they hired her to be a talking head. If you're a news organization probably don't hire someone who is clearly partisan to oversee coverage.

7 hours ago, tshile said:

Question:

is everyone that worked in the trump admin/campaign forever tainted goods?

if a company or future politician hired someone that was... let’s say... a speech writer for trump, is there automatic ties to whatever it is we all think about trump? (Russia, white supremists,  etc)

I think in some circles they are golden. After all, I expect some people will be paid off and rewarded for participating in graft and helping to grease certain palms.

What surprises me (and doesn't surprise me at all) is how many and how vocally so many ex-White House officials have come out to vilify and accuse the Trump White House of madness, wrongdoing, etc. I've never seen the like from any other Administration. Usually, the exs stay mum and respectful... at least while the President is still in office. This is one more reason that those who support Trump have to know that they are backing something wrong. Almost everyone who has ever worked for him says so.

of course they know they are backing something wrong.

they want the money they think will come from it.. either through the assholes who support this and will pay handsomely for a person devoid of decency, patriotism, and ethics and help them continue to destroy the foundations of this country, or through the grift and other aspects of this cash grab administration.
every one of them want to line their pockets.. except Stephen Miller. He just wants all the people who don't share his  complexion to o away forever.

~Bang

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think in some circles they are golden. After all, I expect some people will be paid off and rewarded for participating in graft and helping to grease certain palms.

What surprises me (and doesn't surprise me at all) is how many and how vocally so many ex-White House officials have come out to vilify and accuse the Trump White House of madness, wrongdoing, etc. I've never seen the like from any other Administration. Usually, the exs stay mum and respectful... at least while the President is still in office. This is one more reason that those who support Trump have to know that they are backing something wrong. Almost everyone who has ever worked for him says so.

8 hours ago, visionary said:

He's not an odd pick. 

He only appears odd if you assume that a President will be actively searching for the best an most qualified persons to most effectively run and lead the various Federal agencies.

Trump from day 1 has made it clear that he has zero intention of doing that, in fact he wants these Federal agencies crippled with impotent leadership, under funding, and massive personel vacancies so that these agencies cannot perform as the were designed, in order that he and others can do whatever they want and get away with it.

What better way to end the EPA than to staff it with people who make sure it won't do its job. Same at Justice.

So please, stop saying these are "odd picks", they're not.

They make perfect sense.

As far as I am concerned not only should any and all of the enablers and participants in this national travesty be tarred for life, maybe even some new version of that scarlet letter schtick or carving on them like Inglourious Basterds, but I'd have them all  buried together under a common stone and fenced off like a nuclear waste site, as a cautionary note to future generations.

This is already the single worst group of treasonous backbiting scum this country has ever seen, there should be no redemption.

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

As far as I am concerned not only should any and all of the enablers and participants in this national travesty be tarred for life, maybe even some new version of that scarlet letter schtick or carving on them like Inglourious Basterds, but I'd have them all  buried together under a common stone and fenced off like a nuclear waste site, as a cautionary note to future generations.

10 hours ago, visionary said:

Obviously it depends on the circumstances of the hiring, the position, and their past

I guess the point of the question was that this should be how we handle everything, but it’s not how things get handled. 

Im thinking everyone will be tainted forever. So and so hired former trump person is going to forever be used as a shot at people, even when it shouldn’t be. 

What made me think of it is listening to Tory Clark on the Tony Kornheiser podcast. The theme throughout all her stories is people who worked for administrations since that’s the group she runs in. 

Im just thinking of the young person taking a job at the trump admin because those people want to work for presidential administrations and those spots are few and don’t open but every so often, especially with 8 term admins. 

That persons entire career is probably going to be tarnished even if they didn’t like trump and were just trying to get their foot in the door. 

I think its a sad casuality of the current situation, even if it’s small on the scale of what’s currently going on. 

That person isn’t going to be given the leeway some of the cabinet people will be, that they took the job to try to protect the country from trump. They’re just going to be considered trump-people. Rightly or wrongly. 

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This situation is different than if they hired her to be a talking head. If you're a news organization probably don't hire someone who is clearly partisan to oversee coverage

I realize it comes on the heels of that, but I was asking more generally. 

Theres lots of people on that staff. Many of them young with most of their careers ahead of them. Many of them, I would think, are less hard core trump people and more hard core politics people. Are we going to be able to separate the people who shaped the trump admin vs people that were just doing their jobs? I doubt it. 

I have a friend that is in the process of being hired as a low-level political appointee at DOJ.  The person is a never-Trumper type Republican, but also ambitious and needed a job.  IMO, the low level folks will not be forever tainted.  People will understand that they took an important job that was previously extraordinarily highly coveted and is now only pretty highly coveted.  People will also understand that Trump and his direct minions had no role in hiring someone that far down the food chain, even for political appointees.  Also, any "tarnish" will be more than offset by the personal relationships that get built.  It shouldn't be underestimated that (1) a lot of the time, people don't get hired for what they know, they get hired for who they know and (2) it's really easy for someone to overlook someone's faults or "tarnish" if they know someone personally and like them. 

Also, some people in the administration (a very few people) have acquitted themselves just fine.  Elaine Chao and Dan Coats come to mind.  

I was actually agreeing with the gist of what you were saying until this............

50 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also, some people in the administration (a very few people) have acquitted themselves just fine.  Elaine Chao and Dan Coats come to mind.  

Interesting we went from the Bush Administration cherry picking intelligence reports to make a case for war, to now a President wanting the actual intelligence agencies to do the cherry picking for him when they are gathering Intel itself.

How far we have come in what we will accept.......ugh.

Also, that video on CNN is pretty spot on in the way that they mainstream Trump's nonsense.  I would go further and say Cables news as a whole is pretty disinterested in reporting the facts.  For me the cable news model is just outdated period.  I'd much rather listen to long form discussion on ideas, hear fleshed out debates, and justifications for specific viewpoints, than hear 2 mins of *insert pundits here* shouting back and forth the same talking points you hear every single time.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:24 PM, Llevron said:

I know we are all almost on the same page here. But I want to be sure you remember this when thinking you can "reach" a Trump supporter. It aint possible. 

Not always true, but usually a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Interesting we went from the Bush Administration cherry picking intelligence reports to make a case for war, to now a President wanting the actual intelligence agencies to do the cherry picking for him when they are gathering Intel itself.

How far we have come in what we will accept.......ugh.

Also, that video on CNN is pretty spot on in the way that they mainstream Trump's nonsense.  I would go further and say Cables news as a whole is pretty disinterested in reporting the facts.  For me the cable news model is just outdated period.  I'd much rather listen to long form discussion on ideas, hear fleshed out debates, and justifications for specific viewpoints, than hear 2 mins of *insert pundits here* shouting back and forth the same talking points you hear every single time.

You mean PBS Newshour, BBC, Al-Jezerra?  They exist, but I dont even see the last two on my list of cable channels

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Regardless of what the report finds, I hope it is being announced because the investigation is legitimately complete and not because it is being shut down behind the scenes.

I can't tell if I should accept this with Rosenstein's mention of leaving the DoJ when the report was legit finished or with Barr's arrival and potential non-legit finish.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You mean PBS Newshour, BBC, Al-Jezerra?  They exist, but I dont even see the last two on my list of cable channels

MSNBC outside of the morning show is pretty decent too when it come to just decent discussion and not yelling over each other. And they are pretty fair/even in their criticisms for the most part. 

LOL, I love how Tucker was fully on board with the guy when he was calling out liberal millionaires, but as soon as it turned into conservatives, and the role Fox News plays into rigging the system through propaganda, Tucker can't take the heat and melts down. 

This is what happens when a guy who pretends he is a news anchor, is exposed as an ideologue.  An intellectually dishonest one at that.

Archived