Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rob Kelley Thread.

TradeTheBeal!

On 11/16/2016 at 6:18 PM, thesubmittedone said:

Well, I know this might be silly to mention, but based on fantasy it shows that Kelley (and the rest of our backs) has the toughest remaining schedule in the league. This is regarding fantasy points given up by the teams we're facing. :/ 

So, yeah... looks like tough sledding for him and anyone else getting carries. If he can succeed against these teams that'll be huge, though. Good news is, at least with the Packers, they're not the same rush defense they were to start the season. And we just came off of an excellent effort from Kelley against a Vikings' run D that's really good, too.    

I added him anyway.  And as for Scott being lucky, dude makes his own luck by working so hard. He absolutely deserves credit for picking up Kelly, UDFAs are not a plethora of pro ready prospects that can start and look good doing it.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

True, but I fear Matt Jones and any possible return of his. By now, Jones should be history, but he should have been history weeks before, too.

That ship has sailed. Gruden has a schoolgirl crush going on. Short of something crazy happening, Kelley is your long-term starter. 

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

True, but I fear Matt Jones and any possible return of his. By now, Jones should be history, but he should have been history weeks before, too.

Jones has been a healthy scratch now two weeks in a row. He's done. I don't think he'll get cut or anything, he's still at worst a young cheap backup and there is some talent there, but Kelley is just so much more polished as a runner. He just looks like a legit NFL RB.

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I feel the opposite. I think Matt jones looked like he could get the job done, up until that game against the lions. The following week in London, who was our starter? FAT ROB. Jones has not had any starting time at all, and has been inactive last week and tonight. You can't honestly after tonight be worried that Gruden would go back to jones after a THREE TD night from Rob Kelly...

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Jones has been a healthy scratch now two weeks in a row. He's done. I don't think he'll get cut or anything, he's still at worst a young cheap backup and there is some talent there, but Kelley is just so much more polished as a runner. He just looks like a legit NFL RB.

If we're super worried about money, and the hopefully former talk of not re-signing Kirk if he demands too much.  Then we're thinking penny pinching.  Jones's cap hit in 2017 is $788,854.  A UDFA rookie RB would make $450,000.

With all of the leaks about Cousins and what to pay, I think the organization might look hard at that extra $338,854 we could have for a RB who is inactive on game days.

Archived