Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rob Kelley Thread.

TradeTheBeal!

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The run blocking was awful. My favorite whipping boys Luvauo and Long were pushed back repeatedly, Moses whiffed, he was dodging people in the backfiled all game.

Yeah I though as well our Run blocking did suck against Dallas and I was pretty astonished by that. Our guys had a good outing in Pass blocking, but Run blocking was crappy as hell and didn't make Rob any favor.

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah I though as well our Run blocking did suck against Dallas and I was pretty astonished by that. Our guys had a good outing in Pass blocking, but Run blocking was crappy as hell and didn't make Rob any favor.

I really want to see Arie Kjuanddijjja (sp) take over for Luvauo next year. I really liked that pick last year...a lot.

3 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

@Riggo44

I'd love for Arie to win the guard position.  Would love an all natural Redskin line.  That would also make Trent Williams the only non SM guy (remember SM was a consultant for the draft the year before we hired him as GM).

Yep, but I have no doubt SMc would have given his blessing to the t-williams pick tho!

• 3 weeks later...

Kelley & Jones' combined rushing yardage on the season currently comes out to 1,047 yards and 8 TDs. Course, 103 of Kelley's yards came prior to becoming the full-time starter, so if you deduct those, it comes out to 944 combined yards between the 2 full-time backs we've had over the course of the season. But I'm sure that Kelley will have over 103 combined yards during the final 3 games. And maybe a couple of TDs as well, to bring the combined total to 10.

On 11/26/2016 at 2:29 PM, Riggo#44 said:

I really want to see Arie Kjuanddijjja (sp) take over for Luvauo next year. I really liked that pick last year...a lot.

Thought he was excellent on Sunday.  He wasn't close to ready last year and came in and did outstanding against Logan and Cox.  Had a couple of missteps, but for the most part I thought he earned another start.

I'm very high on long, but outside of Trent starting at LG and Nsehke at LT, I think our best line right now is what you said on Sunday.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Thought he was excellent on Sunday.  He wasn't close to ready last year and came in and did outstanding against Logan and Cox.  Had a couple of missteps, but for the most part I thought he earned another start.

I'm very high on long, but outside of Trent starting at LG and Nsehke at LT, I think our best line right now is what you said on Sunday.

Sullivan looked good, didn't he? ;)

In all seriousness, I was SO happy we signed him. No, not a long term answer but I'd much rather have him than Kory as depth. Gosh, and I just saw he went to my HS! :D

Oh, and Arie looked pretty good too. I did see him on skates once, but Philly has 2 really good DT's, it's allowed.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I just don't want anymore Lichtensteiger like midgets on the OL. Give me some mammoths, some juggernauts. Lets maul people. Thats Redskins football. None of this chicken sh zone blocking crap.

You won't get a complaint from me, but I don't think we will ever be the Hogs (or Hogs duex) as long as Jay is here. He's gonna spread 'em out and chuck the rock.

Even if Fat Rob is made for it. :(

51 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

You won't get a complaint from me, but I don't think we will ever be the Hogs (or Hogs duex) as long as Jay is here. He's gonna spread 'em out and chuck the rock.

Thats fine, I just want the OL to be road graders.

Just watched the TD run from the game in Philly and I had a thought. For as much love as Rob Kelly is getting, he still is somewhat unsung considering the circumstances of where he came from and what he is achieving in the NFL already. I think that has to do with Alf. We had a 6 rounder turn into a stud of a rb and now Scotty Mac delivers us with this guy. I mean, I love some Rob Kelly, even his 0-3 yard gains are impressive. 46 was the same way his first two seasons with us, I felt like he broke a tackle on almost every carry and rarely did an arm tackle bring him down and never in the open field. Its like we got served a second helping of some tasty food, and while still delicious we are almost jaded to the flavor. 

On 12/13/2016 at 11:01 AM, Morneblade said:

Don't be so sure.  Gibbs is from the Don Coryell coaching tree.  That tree is all about throwing deep.  But once Gibbs saw how the Hogs could dominate a defense, he used it to break teams.  JG (not Joe Gibbs) but Jay Gruden  is a smart guy.  If he can grind teams into submission, I think he will.  We are in the East, running is the way to win come January. 

On 12/16/2016 at 2:28 PM, ILikeBilly said:

Don't be so sure.  Gibbs is from the Don Coryell coaching tree.  That tree is all about throwing deep.  But once Gibbs saw how the Hogs could dominate a defense, he used it to break teams.  JG (not Joe Gibbs) but Jay Gruden  is a smart guy.  If he can grind teams into submission, I think he will.  We are in the East, running is the way to win come January. 

We'll see, but I'm not sold yet. Also keep in mind When Gibbs was OC in San Diego, he ran the ball a lot. 481 rushes in 79' and 508 rushes in 80', so even with Dan Fouts at QB, and a Winslow, Joiner and Jefferson receiving, they were still balanced. Keep in mind, 3 out of those 4 are in the Hall of Fame, and Gibbs still ran the ball.

I see Jay get away from the run too quickly even going back to his Cincy days. I don't think he is as committed to it as some of us would like.

Archived