Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rob Kelley Thread.

TradeTheBeal!

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Maybe it's just the way I read some of the front office chatter. It really did sound over the top and our search for a rb was done.

Could you be more specific? Are you talking about Jay? Scot? Someone else? The Fans? Not being an ass. I am just not following your concern here at all. Asking an honest question.

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Maybe it's just the way I read some of the front office chatter. It really did sound over the top and our search for a rb was done.

I think the draft crop of  RBs for 2017 is the best in many years. I believe they were okay with who they had this year, unless someone huge became available, and will look to make a splash in next year's draft for that position. 

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks for showing us exactly what baiting looks like, so we don't do it.

Do you really think cutting a super consistent, fan favorite in favor of going with 2 guys with an impressive injury history, who really haven't shown much, one of which fumbles like it's his job and an often injured 7th rounder who hadn't flashed since hs, an undrafted FB and a PS guy should have instilled confidence?

Yeah that's kinda how I took it initially. He says it's a tonal issue. Same could be said for the opposite crowd who said basically rb's don't matter, and arrogantly talked as if anyone behind the line should get it done with the passing attack, which was always dumb as hell

At the end of the day though, it's whatever. Sure wasn't talking about me.

I would suspect they will give Mack Brown some carries as the season goes on.  If he can develop and show promise then I feel we will be set at the position.  This will allow us to focus solely on the defensive side of the ball in the draft.  Where we will need to draft D-line/Linebacker and SS.  We will need to have a strong rushing Defense to combat Dallas for the next 3-6 years.  So the emergence of another RB is vital this year.  

38 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sure would be great if we could get a RB without a draft pick, the same year the cowboys spent a 4rth over all.

Signs are pointing to us having found one. Though I think he may be a product of the system, products of the system work! 

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Same could be said for the opposite crowd who said basically rb's don't matter, and arrogantly talked as if anyone behind the line should get it done with the passing attack, which was always dumb as hell

Except, that "crowd" wasn't a very significant one, and arguably wasn't even a crowd. Furthermore, I don't remember any arrogant tone on their end, which I was a part of, because it was simply a response to the other, extremely vocal, side. 

Also, the response was about acknowledging we don't know everything, so I'm not sure how it's even possible for that to be construed as arrogant. I don't remember many saying any RB could succeed with our passing attack so, therefore, who gives a crap . Could you point me to where that was occurring, because I don't recall that in the thread/s I'm thinking about.

If there was that sentiment, that's not the discussion I was talking about, it occurred elsewhere. 

So, definitely a one-sided tonal issue for the most part. I'm pretty confident in my grasp of that.  

But, yeah, like you say. It's whatever. 

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why don't we just talk Redskins football, instead of talking about talking that happened a while ago?

Cool, I'll stop it when you and/or anyone else commenting on it does. It also appears that's where we were heading without you saying this, anyway, so not sure of the point of this. 

Until then, I think everything was perfectly on topic in the context of this thread, so let us Mods decide what is OT or not, or whether or not the conversation needs to go elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Seahawks just cut, CUT Christine Michael. Can we please please please pick him up? Fat Rob and CMike, would be a nasty combo

Christine Michael cut AGAIN? Didn't we have him on our team last season for like one day, lol? 

What the heck is that guy's problem? 

And speaking of going OT, this belongs more in the roster thread... but it's okay for now. :) 

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

Christine Michael cut AGAIN? Didn't we have him on our team last season for like one day, lol? 

What the heck is that guy's problem? 

Yea that story broke less then 5 mins ago, yea he is a former Redskin we had in for a cup of coffee tour and he is good brother. I can see the Giants jumping on this guy with the crappy running game they have. Some team will put in a claim for him, this news is huge. Seahawks cut him because there main stay Thomas Rawls is back this week.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Signs are pointing to us having found one. Though I think he may be a product of the system, products of the system work! 

That works for me. With our OLine looking better and better, maybe our running game will finally take off and Cousins won't have to carry dead weight.

Would also make us less dependent on high priced FAs at WR.

Im wondering how he'll do as a receiver. We know his pass blocking is solid.

About Fat Rob's future please guys remember something

The RB schedule coming up is awful. I mean its terrible. We talking about our next five games coming up are against the NFL's TOP SIX teams against stopping the rushing game.

Please please please keep this in mind when you look at how good he is and how he actually does during this stretch. I've seen it for way too much when our team gets into a tough stretch us fans giving up way too early on a player.

Think about that, he's not likely to do well the next five games because well no one freaking does. If we judge him only on those games is it fair? I don't think so. Don't do that unless he completely shreds those good defenses, and well if he does that then by all means lose your minds about him

20 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Several of you are missing the point. You see it as luck because in "your opinion", the situation did not look good. But the fact is you had not looked through 100s of hours of tape, interviewed guys (either yourself or people that work for you), talked to scouts who watched the games and then seen all they went through in OTAs and PS (neither have I, so not just saying you).....

I don't think I missed the point at all. You're absolutely right that the FO puts a lot of time in to study and make sure on these guys. If they didn't have confidence he could become a good player they wouldn't have brought him in. All I'm saying is we got a little lucky he's this good this early. Not even the FO and coaching staff with all their study thought he would be otherwise they'd have likely taken him in the late rounds. But it's a moot point, no need to discuss it further. They grabbed him because he's a talented player and he's better earlier than expected. 

Just now, moondog said:

I don't think I missed the point at all. You're absolutely right that the FO puts a lot of time in to study and make sure on these guys. If they didn't have confidence he could become a good player they wouldn't have brought him in. All I'm saying is we got a little lucky he's this good this early. Not even the FO and coaching staff with all their study thought he would be otherwise they'd have likely taken him in the late rounds. But it's a moot point, no need to discuss it further. They grabbed him because he's a talented player and he's better earlier than expected. 

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation! :) But Ok, fair enough.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I do (it was pretty much in every thread discussing the potential of the running game, countering those who had their misgivings), and yeah, I give a crap. And no, I still don't sweat you, not even with that shiny mod badge.

You speak about just how apparently one sided and demonstrative the tone was for a group of people, yet yours in this thread has been abysmal

That's not totally accurate. As TSO said, there were not many making those statements. It may have seemed like it since those few people may have been in a lot of threads stating their opinions. But the actual numbers were very small.

The bigger point is that while many had their "misgivings", many others of us - myself included - were willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt. That's a lot different than saying just any back could be put back there.

Further, many of those with "misgivings" are now saying they always liked Kelley - which I believe was TSO initial point.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I do (it was pretty much in every thread discussing the potential of the running game, countering those who had their misgivings), and yeah, I give a crap. And no, I still don't sweat you, not even with that shiny mod badge.

You speak about just how apparently one sided and demonstrative the tone was for a group of people, yet yours in this thread has been abysmal

@Mr. Sinister

So I saw this post because goskins10 quoted it. Wish I hadn't. 

Check your PM's @Koolblue13 and Sinister, this has gotten way off track and I don't want it to get worse publicly. 

Archived