Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ProFootballTalk: Jordan Reed being evaluated for concussion

Suffolk_Skins

1 hour ago, SkinsCrushCowboys said:

If this is 5 or 6, its not good. It is also not good that it took the NFL and team to figure it out 4 days after the game.  I would imagine that the protocol gets more difficult each time a player enters it....he didn't practice yesterday and would be a quick pass through the protocol to have him ready to play Sunday....seems unlikley

You do realize players hide injuries because they want to play?  I live in the Charlotte area and Cam Newton did the same thing last week and became pissed off because they ruled him out for MNF.  It's like you going to the doctor with a sore foot, but if there is no visible, physical signs, he won't know that your foot hurts.

6 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

You do realize players hide injuries because they want to play?  I live in the Charlotte area and Cam Newton did the same thing last week and became pissed off because they ruled him out for MNF.  It's like you going to the doctor with a sore foot, but if there is no visible, physical signs, he won't know that your foot hurts.

I hear you. He probably did feel like crap after the game, thought it would get better(for reason you indicated said nothing even with his history) and then by Tuesday decided it was a problem....no practice again today.  Time for our other TEs to step up and DJax may get his wish of more targets against his prior team.

man...this sucks...I'm selfish but he's got to think about his health and his future....if healthy he could be the best Skins TE ever..certainly top 2 or 3...Jerry Smith, Donnie Warren, Cooley, Didier, Fred Davis...Terry Orr....T.J. Duckett...do the right thing Jordan...you have a long life ahead of you...HTTR!!!!

16 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

man...this sucks...I'm selfish but he's got to think about his health and his future....if healthy he could be the best Skins TE ever..certainly top 2 or 3...Jerry Smith, Donnie Warren, Cooley, Didier, Fred Davis...Terry Orr....T.J. Duckett...do the right thing Jordan...you have a long life ahead of you...HTTR!!!!

You know it's a little early to be drinking, right?

29 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

TJ Duckett? :wtf:

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

You're missing one (possibly two) pretty critical parts that Jordan brings to the TE position.

No I'm not because I'm certainly not pretending our TE4 is an upgrade to the best receiving TE in football.

I'm just implying he has upside as an individual player, not a replacement.

So, isn't Carrier about the same size and faster?

I hope Reed and the team take the time needed to limit any long term side effects that impact his quality of life. Playing again is absolutely an option, but as much as us fans love watching individuals compete we take no pleasure or even feel guilt in watching someone suffer while playing or afterwards. 

Including two at Florida, this is Jordan Reed's sixth documented concussion.

Jordan Reed will see an independent neurologist tomorrow. Not ruled out yet for Sunday vs. #Eagles but he'd have to be on field tomorrow.

For clarity: #Redskins TE Jordan Reed was officially diagnosed with a concussion. He’s in the protocol. Team spent since Tues evaluating.

I'm mad at Reed for not just coming out of the game against the Ravens. I know we don't know for sure if that's what happened, but I think the fact that it was obvious to a lot of us when it did lends credence to it. 

I know he's a fighter and wants to show he can stay healthy... but I wish someone on the team, player or coach, forced him to admit it or caused a fuss about it. Most of all, he should've said something. Going back out there could've done more unnecessary damage. :/ 

Hope and pray he's ok and that he doesn't screw his future over. Not worth it, but I won't speculate about whether or not he should hang it up.

Tough break for us. 

He just needs to sit this week. We could use him, but not at the expense of his long term health. A sixth concussion is worrisome. Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) are no joke. Just look at all of the past players coming out and suing the NFL for their injuries. We are just starting to know so much about TBI and the effects on the person. We need to take every precaution for Reed and the rest of the players. 

4 minutes ago, campfodder said:

What's a week honestly going to do?

let the doctors ok him?

Its his decision to play this game. If he wants to stop he can stop. They all can stop. Others will take their place. If I was good I would take their place. You only live once true, but Id take that life in a heartbeat.

A week won't do much, but it will let his brain and body heal a little more instead of rushing back to play. Why risk playing if he is still having concussion symptoms. He's gonna have to let the team and doctors know he's not having any more issues. If they say he's good, then he can play. 

Archived