Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ProFootballTalk: Jordan Reed being evaluated for concussion

Suffolk_Skins

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

You can't really blame the player. Their entire life they have pushed past barriers weather it's positional battles on the roster, various injuries that have been a part of their career or the players on the other side of the ball. How we possibly expect him, in the middle of a game, to stop thinking about competing and start thinking of how the injury he may have had will impact him 10+ years after his playing career is over?

Because it's a big, big deal and a major point of emphasis for everyone recently. 

So, yeah, I am mad at him FOR him. 

That being said, I also mentioned the team in general. Just wish someone was smarter about it. Medical staff, coaches, another player... anyone. 

16 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

as much as we need this game...and as much as I hate the eagles....my sally struthers doctorate degree tells me he should sit this week...plus I've been impressed with VD and Niles...

Yes, an outbreak of VD could mean trouble for Philly.....

Reed met with a Doc last night in a last ditch effort to be cleared. Outside of the next presser, is there a source to see how that went?

17 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Because it's a big, big deal and a major point of emphasis for everyone recently. 

So, yeah, I am mad at him FOR him. 

That being said, I also mentioned the team in general. Just wish someone was smarter about it. Medical staff, coaches, another player... anyone. 

It's a tricky situation. If the players don't tell the trainers/coaches something like a concussion can be hard to tell. As for Reed himself, how many times have you been working on something like the house or a car, or maybe playing a pick up football game, and that night when you take a shower you notice bruises or cuts, some can pretty serious.

Like unbias stated Reed is so used to pushing himself and ignoring any signs of pain or especially discomfort that he probably didn't even notice. And even if he did, his competitive nature is not going to let him admit he should probably come out.

While I certainly would like to see him on the field, I am more interested in him making the right decision for his long term health.

39 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I'm sure at this point the team knows whether Reed can play or not, the fact they won't say he is playing makes me think he will be out and they want to keep Philly guessing.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is what I was thinking also. Keep 'em guessing.

Doctson, Cravens, Reed, Breeland, Spaight...I imagine at least 4 of these guys, and maybe all 5, would have been on all of our "most excited to see develop" lists for this year coming into the season...depressing, the time they've missed as a group.

8 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I hope Davis can do something for us tomorrow.

Guy makes me nervous, running with the football. Looks like a fumble waiting to happen.

If he could just catch four or five, with maybe one or two first down catches, that would be great.

Meh don't worry he's only fumbled 8 times in 10 years and barely at all in the last 6 seasons...

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Doctson, Cravens, Reed, Breeland, Spaight...I imagine at least 4 of these guys, and maybe all 5, would have been on all of our "most excited to see develop" lists for this year coming into the season...depressing, the time they've missed as a group.

It would be interesting to see if Breeland plays today he was disappointing the first 2 weeks. 

While there is no denying this off is better with Reed than without for the most part, certainly the passing game, it will be interesting to see how it looks when you have 2 TEs on the field that can both block and catch. To do that with Reed let's be honest we really needed to have 3TEs in. With that you have an empty backfield or only 1 WR.

Again, neither Paul or Davis are as explosive or capable in the passing game, but it might help the team find balance and keep the philly D guessing just a little, something they are going to need if they hope to beat philly. Cousins and Jackson need to connect early and often also. Their secondary is suspect - but their front 4 are very good. If they can show any run at all, it will set up the PA slow the LBs and Ss down just enough that Cousins should have some opportunities to hit Jackson and also Crowder deep. But Cousins has to take advantage.

A little off topic, but Crowder's ability to get open deep I believe is underrated. If Philly sleeps on him he could have a really big day, especially with Reed out.

Jordan Reed to see an independent neurologist Tuesday with the hope that he is cleared to return.

ASHBURN — Redskins tight end Jordan Reed will see an independent neurologist on Tuesday with the hope that he is cleared to return to practice this week and potentially play in Sunday’s game at Detroit.

Washington put together a solid performance on Sunday without Reed. Fellow tight end Vernon Davis caught a touchdown pass and had a 37-yard catch, too. Meanwhile, wide receivers Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson and Jamison Crowder combined for 13 receptions and the running game (230 yards, 33 carries) was dominant.

“We didn’t really call it differently [without Reed]. We had our standard runs. We had a couple more down-down, pull-around schemes maybe in that game than we have had in the past because of all the man coverage,” Gruden said. “But for the most part, we called our game. [Offensive coordinator] Sean [McVay] did a nice job. It was a good flow, good job mixing the run and the pass and the play-action. It was very effective for the most part.”

The Redskins showed (as I said before the game against the Eagles :) ) that their offense can work without Reed. They were able to move the ball and score effectively, for the most part.

Still Reed is their best weapon, and it would be nice to have him back again.

Archived