Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ProFootballTalk: Jordan Reed being evaluated for concussion

Suffolk_Skins

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

If they don't have Reed for this game, it would be a HUGE loss.  Reed presents a big mismatch against their defense.  Same thing happen last year in the 2nd Eagles game in Philly.  Not to mention he's Cousins security blanket on most plays.  I like Niles Paul but he's no Jordan Reed.   

You think Kendricks can cover Vernon Davis then?

If Reed doesn't play, it just opens the door for our playmaking WR's.  I'm pretty excited for Garcon, DJax, and Crowder to get more targets.  Obviously having Reed is better for us, but it's not like we have don't have anybody else to throw the ball to.  Niles and VD are perfectly fine filling in at TE.

The offense has a chance to look more versatile with Reed's targets being disbursed elsewhere.

Situations like this (probable Reed absence) are exactly where I was hoping to see Doctson in the lineup, at least in the red zone. Makes the Achilles injury and uncertainty around his health that much more painful to see as a fan. I feel like we drafted damaged goods with our first round pick.

6 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Situations like this (probable Reed absence) are exactly where I was hoping to see Doctson in the lineup, at least in the red zone. Makes the Achilles injury and uncertainty around his health that much more painful to see as a fan. I feel like we drafted damaged goods with our first round pick.

We did.

However, so did several other teams whose first-round pick got injured before the season started.

It happens. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

We did.

However, so did several other teams whose first-round pick got injured before the season started.

It happens. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

Doctson will get healthy. As far as  I know, he didn't have an injury history in college. Don't forget the Jags' Fowler tore  his ACL in camp last year, and missed the whole year. He's been playing well so far this year.

4 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Reed questionable for Sunday. Gruden said if he feels good he'll be out there.

Well, the only way Reed can be out there is if he gets through the concussion protocol.

Did he get through it? Or pass it? Or whatever needs to be done?

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Doctson will get healthy. As far as  I know, he didn't have an injury history in college. Don't forget the Jags' Fowler tore  his ACL in camp last year, and missed the whole year. He's been playing well so far this year.

I sure hope you're right.

I just feel burned given the situation with Malcolm Kelly.

56 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

If Reed doesn't play, it just opens the door for our playmaking WR's.  I'm pretty excited for Garcon, DJax, and Crowder to get more targets.  Obviously having Reed is better for us, but it's not like we have don't have anybody else to throw the ball to.  Niles and VD are perfectly fine filling in at TE.

The offense has a chance to look more versatile with Reed's targets being disbursed elsewhere.

It'll be interesting.  We've not seen this current incarnation of the offense.  FWIW, we lost the two games last year when Reed was out and Kirk played poorly in both of them. But then DJax was out for both of them too.  

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It'll be interesting.  We've not seen this current incarnation of the offense.  FWIW, we lost the two games last year when Reed was out and Kirk played poorly in both of them. But then DJax was out for both of them too.  

It'll be an adjustment for sure.  I also think we didn't have Niles Paul for those games either.  I don't think we'll look too bad with Niles and VD filling in.  We'll have less 3 TE sets, but I don't think that's a huge deal.

Here's what I got from NFL.com's fantasy website: 

Analysis: Reed first noticed symptoms Tuesday and was subsequently diagnosed with the fifth recorded concussion of his career. He didn't practice at all during the week, which head coach Jay Gruden said the tight end would have to do in order to play. However, Reed is scheduled to visit with a doctor Friday night, taking one last shot at getting cleared in time for Sunday's game. While the team might allow him to play in the game without practicing, Reed probably doesn't have enough time to pass through the concussion protocol before Sunday. If Reed doesn't play, Vernon Davis will likely serve as the top tight end, with Niles Paul also getting an uptick in snaps. Neither would be a good bet to account for more than a handful of Reed's usual targets.

The bolded is probably what Jay's talking about. 

21 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I'm mad at Reed for not just coming out of the game against the Ravens. I know we don't know for sure if that's what happened, but I think the fact that it was obvious to a lot of us when it did lends credence to it. 

I know he's a fighter and wants to show he can stay healthy... but I wish someone on the team, player or coach, forced him to admit it or caused a fuss about it. Most of all, he should've said something. Going back out there could've done more unnecessary damage. :/ 

Hope and pray he's ok and that he doesn't screw his future over. Not worth it, but I won't speculate about whether or not he should hang it up.

Tough break for us. 

You can't really blame the player. Their entire life they have pushed past barriers weather it's positional battles on the roster, various injuries that have been a part of their career or the players on the other side of the ball. How we possibly expect him, in the middle of a game, to stop thinking about competing and start thinking of how the injury he may have had will impact him 10+ years after his playing career is over?

Archived