Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Man after that first period they settle down a little. Still not their best game but glad to get out of there with the win. I doubt we spot them 2 goals in the first 10 minutes again. I thought we were about to see the same damn movie we have seen 100xs when Andersen had those two incredible saves in OT. 

after they settled down, they were clearly the better team. also, toronto looked tired in the 3rd, and especially in OT. hopefully that first 10 minutes woke them up for the rest of the series that it wont be as easy as they thought.

also, can we please never get those tv announcers again? its MAPLE leafs, not maple LEAFS

The Leafs came out like the young rookies you expected. They were skating around all over the place, getting to lose pucks, just outplaying the Caps. But I was happy that the Caps showed the calmness they have as veterans. They didn't let the fast start by the Leafs get to them. They played their game and won. Yeah, it was ugly. But great teams can win when they play like poo and the Caps did  tonight.

I've been telling y'all, don't worry about how many games we win in, just take the series and move on.  Don't look past a team just because they're 8th seed and full of young inexperienced guys.  As long as we're still playing in round two and we're healthy, then everything is fine.

8 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Outshot those boys 29-12 from the 8 minute mark of the 2nd period.  Really wore them done nicely like a good veteran club should.

Hubby was like, "Where'd you hear we should win? They're out-skating and out-passing us!!!"

Close. too close. 

I'm not talking about this thread anymore.  Bad juju. :ols:

9 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

#22 was worth the trade, PPG since getting here including tonight. 

Anything to get Carlson off PP1. 

I wish there would be a way to retain Shattenkirk and dump Carlson somewhere.

Anyways, SO glad Wilson got the goal.  This dude has worked so hard on his game and I was happy that he was the guy last night. 

Can't take this leafs team lightly.  Have to get traffic in front of Andersen and get those dirty goals.  Nothing will be easy this series. 

Archived