Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

Maybe she can go back to Qarth, the most boring city that is, was, and ever will be. Maybe Nate Newton is still alive in that safe.

That dude who drank the black kool-aid was ****ing harsh, though. I also enjoyed the pudgy lispy guy. He's kind of how I imagine you look

i hope he is

him being alive would only make the writing of that sequence even more dumb

I guess it depends on who the person was that relayed the news to Jaime about the Blackfish being dead.  In the books, he escaped, from what I hear.

I don't trust any deaths until I see a dead body or have on screen confirmation that's not third hand information.

I think it is the Big Box Retail of nerd fantasy

Aisle 1, dragons and fire

Aisle 2, religion, the occult, and faith

Aisle 3, medieval weaponry

Aisle 4, royalty, houses, and Knights

Aisle 5, giants and dwarves

Aisle 6, wizards and witches

Aisle 7, torture and gore

Aisle 8, boobies, whores, and penises

Aisle 9, miscellaneous mythical creatures

Aisle 10, zombies and ****

To be fair, just about every fantasy novel follows these guidelines to a certain degree: chronicles of Amber, lord of the rings, hobbit, GOT, dune,....most of them start off simple enough. Next thing you know an undead horde is being scorched by a gamut of bearded men in robes and glowing runes. Can't help themselves.

I don't think the Blackfish is dead.

He's living in sin with Arya's sword instructor and Stannis right now. Just dude/dude/dude threesomes all day until the storyline needs them to come back.

By the way, let's really study this. Dude had multiple chances to escape. Refused to escape. Dude saw his castle over-run and had another chance to escape. Refused to escape. Dude grabs a sword and said, "Well.....I'm off to die." Then dude's enemies say, "Yep, dude is dead."

GOT fan: He's not dead!!!!!

I guess there hasn't been a lot done with secret passageways yet. Maybe he's living inside the castle in a little room that no one knows about.

You definitely strike me as someone that doesn't pay attention to details in this show based on your incoherent ramblings all day, every day.

Well, we can all pray that the Black Fish makes a triumphant return to remind us why we all loved him in the first place.

(It was pretty cool when he set that casket on fire after the guy who played Brutus in Rome ****ed it up).

Maybe in the last scene of the series, he'll show up and everyone will cheer.

So, are there any book readers who never watched the tv show? I want to find them and tell them about Cersei going all Guy Fawkes before they can read it.

Who am I kidding? They are never going to read it.

If this was a response to my post, you need to chill out. The idea of Jon not being his birth name comes from the show only. "His name is (inaudible)..." Why would they do that if not to tease him having a targaryen name and not a more plain westerosi name? And rhaegar's involvement in the matter is discussed multiple times throughout the television series. So again, if you're acting pissy over my post, maybe pay better attention to the show. They frame important scenes fairly obviously.

Will Sam join a frat at college or will he be forced to drop out?

Maester fraternity hazing. That could be a thread topic

Feed the Ravens laxatives and cherries and "send one" to the dean

Upside down Dornish wine shots

Well, we can all pray that the Black Fish makes a triumphant return to remind us why we all loved him in the first place.

(It was pretty cool when he set that casket on fire after the guy who played Brutus in Rome ****ed it up).

Maybe in the last scene of the series, he'll show up and everyone will cheer.

Just like in LOTR3, there will be a big gathering of all charcters living and dead. Standard FF (fantasy fare).

Maester fraternity hazing. That could be a thread topic

Feed the Ravens laxatives and cherries and "send one" to the dean

Upside down Dornish wine shots

I wish I had some decent photo shop skills.  I got the frat pick from Revenge of the Nerds and want to shop Sam into it.  Remember, the colors of Lambda Lambda Lambda were black and white.  Sam's already got the gear!

WinterPhil: So, the bad news: Miguel Sapochnik is not returning for season seven. I can only hope that means he has bigger and better things planned, because he deserves it. Those last two episodes this season were masterfully done.

http://watchersonthewall.com/season-7-directors-announced/#more-70420

That sucks!

Just when there was fan momentum to have him direct the rest of the series... (Which, minus cloning, would be impossible)

This is a bummer.

You definitely strike me as someone that doesn't pay attention to details in this show based on your incoherent ramblings all day, every day.

LKB pays more attention to this show than he pretends. Secretly, he's read all the books three times, the chapters of TWoW that GRRM has revealed, and he's even one of those special editors to help Martin get the details right. He's just afraid to show everyone how big a nerd he is. Much like in college, when he was afraid to come out about being gay.

WinterPhil: So, the bad news: Miguel Sapochnik is not returning for season seven. I can only hope that means he has bigger and better things planned, because he deserves it. Those last two episodes this season were masterfully done.

http://watchersonthewall.com/season-7-directors-announced/#more-70420

That sucks!

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the director lineup for next season.

I guess Sapochnik is really busy doing other shows.

I wonder who will do the battle scenes if there are any.

Hmm, maybe that's what they brought Taylor back for.

Although...I'm not sure if they'll be any big battles next year.  Maybe a lot of little battles and raids.

They might save the biggest stuff for season 8.

http://watchersonthewall.com/season-7-directors-announced/

Alan Taylor: An Emmy-winning veteran of The Sopranos, Taylor helped pioneer the visual storytelling style of the show when he helmed the pivotal ninth and 10th episodes of season 1, particularly “Baelor” (the episode where Ned Stark was executed). The Thrones producers were so impressed they gave Taylor four episodes to helm in season 2 – including the premiere and the finale. Then Marvel snatched him up for Thor: The Dark World followed by Taylor reuniting with Emilia Clarke to direct her big-screen role in Terminator: Genisys. Now he’s back on Thrones for the first time since 2012.

Jeremy Podeswa: The Canadian director and Boardwalk Empire veteran scored an Emmy nomination for directing the show’s most controversial hour, season 5’s darkly tense “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.” This year he directed the propulsive season premiere as well as Jon Snow’s riveting resurrection episode, “Home.”

Mark Mylod: A four-time director on the show, the British veteran of Showtime’s Shameless and HBO’s Entourage took on this season’s uniquely textured re-introduction of the The Hound in “The Broken Man,” as well as Arya’s exciting chase sequence in “No One.”

Matt Shakman: A newcomer to the series. Shakman is best known for his work on FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a comedy loved by Benioff and Weiss (the showrunners even wrote an episode, “Flowers for Charlie,” although it’s not one of the 39 episodes Shakman has directed). Shakman has also helmed episodes of AMC’s Mad Men, CBS’ The Good Wife and FX’s Fargo.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-reportedly-eyeing-location-northern-spain/

Game of Thrones reportedly eyeing a location in northern Spain

Season 6 is over, and we’re back to looking ahead at the next season of Game of Thrones! Today we have some season 7 locations news for you, out of Spain.

The Basque newspaper Gara, via EITB, reports that the town of Zumaia, in the northern part of Spain will be a new location for season 7. Itzurun Beach is the specific location Game of Thrones is reportedly interested in. Representatives of Fresco Films (who handle production services for GoT in Spain) have been scouting the area and are searching for accommodations. Gara‘s sources don’t have official confirmation yet, but say that it should be coming “in the near future.” Filming could begin in September, if the source is correct.

Itzurun Beach is a beautiful area that has unique geological features called “flysch,” striated layers of rock, in addition to more typical beach sand areas.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-finale-young-ned-906884

'Game of Thrones' Season 6: Young Ned Actor on the Finale's "Epic" Jon Snow Reveal

Remember that extraordinary whirring noise that whipped across the world on Sunday night? That was the sound of millions of Game of Thrones viewers watching the season six finale, simultaneously jumping with Joy.

At long last, the Emmy-winning fantasy series unearthed one of its greatest secrets, if not its best-kept one: Jon Snow's parentage. For years, the story presented Jon as Eddard Stark's **** son. Not so. In "The Winds of Winter," Bran Stark traveled back to the Tower of Joy and followed the young version of his father inside. There, he saw Ned's sister Lyanna, lying in a bloody bed, having just given birth to a baby boy — a boy we know today as Jon Snow. Though it's not revealed, it's heavily implied (and backed up by fan theories) that Rhaegar Tagaryen is the father, putting Jon right at the intersection of two of Westeros' most historic houses.

The reveal changes everything we know about Jon Snow, and what's more, it boasts enormous possibilities for the future. What does this mean for his reign as King in the North? Does he have the strongest claim for the Iron Throne of all available players? How will Jon's true heritage factor into his inevitable meeting with Daenerys Stormborn when she and her army make landfall?

Lord Snow's secret origin casts a long shadow across Game of Thrones, but it also shines new light on a long gone hero: Ned Stark, who raised Jon as his own son, protecting his secret identity from the realm at the cost of his own honorable reputation. Robert Aramayo, the actor (and self-professed Game of Thrones fan) who plays Ned in the Tower of Joy visions, spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about the game-changing reveal, and how it reaffirms what viewers already know about the late, legendary Lord of Winterfell.

http://watchersonthewall.com/behind-creation-game-thrones-finale-miguel-sapochnik-michele-clapton-ramin-djawadi/

Behind the creation of the Game of Thrones finale with Miguel Sapochnik, Michele Clapton and Ramin Djawadi

Director Miguel Sapochnik discusses his work on the Game of Thrones season finale this week. Speaking with Vulture, he acknowledges major influences on the incredible King’s Landing opener:

LKB pays more attention to this show than he pretends. Secretly, he's read all the books three times, the chapters of TWoW that GRRM has revealed, and he's even one of those special editors to help Martin get the details right. He's just afraid to show everyone how big a nerd he is. Much like in college, when he was afraid to come out about being gay.

If you are going to play the "Ha ha, you're a fag" card, at least be creative with it.

See, I would have gone after me differently.

LKB deflects his love for the show because the Jamie/Cersei stuff reminds him too much of his childhood.

Be more funny!

If you are going to play the "Ha ha, you're a fag" card, at least be creative with it.

See, I would have gone after me differently.

LKB deflects his love for the show because the Jamie/Cersei stuff reminds him too much of his childhood.

Be more funny!

Nah, I liked mine better. Thanks for the suggestion though.

All kidding aside, child out dude it's just a joke.

Archived