Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That is something I have enjoyed seeing as well @LadySkinsFan

the story bucks traditions in a lot of ways and that is one of them. Don't forget about Yara becoming leader of the iron islands as well. 

Not really much of a tradition anymore, women in powerful positions is the norm for TV.  As it should be.  That said they went too far trying to upgrade the female characters. 

Yara is better in the books where she is a self serving piece of **** that doesn't care about her brother.  It makes more sense for her to be that way, she's a slaving pirate after all and he is her rival.  The reason her father favors her is because she's her fathers daughter.  In the show though, the poor dear endured her cruel father and tried desperately to save her brother whom she loves.  Why?  Because TV writers love that cheeseball ****. 

On 3/15/2017 at 9:58 AM, Dan T. said:

So my sister was in Rwanda doing some marketing and promotion work for a project sponsored by Women for Women International.  She sent me this, which she said Game of Thrones fans might appreciate...

Do they have a catch all term in the Kiryawandan language for "poor, stupid Sansa"?

Except Sansa seems to have developed some ovaries at the end of S6. She basically gives Littlefinger the finger when he reveals his audacious plan to capture the Iron Throne with Sansa by his side. That scene was priceless.  I'm looking forward to Littlefinger getting roasted by dragons.

Yara isn't on a throne yet as she and Theon took off, knowing that their uncle would kill them if they were around.

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Don't forget about Yara becoming leader of the iron islands as well. 

Technically, she is a rebel leader. Remember, she lost the Kingsmoot and stole the Ironborn Navy with Theon. 

15 hours ago, Destino said:

Not really much of a tradition anymore, women in powerful positions is the norm for TV.  As it should be.

Why do you think it should be this way? I enjoy watching people who are worthy to lead or unworthy and fail, regardless of gender. 

But in regards to this season, I don't think the trend will be reversed so much as there will just be less women in power period. Cersei's clock is ticking. 

So, George, how, you uh...you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big stack of papers there? Gotta...gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for ten years? Huh? Gotta....gotta compelling protagonist? Yea? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on....working on that for quite some time, huh? Yea....talking about 10 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies; some enemies become friends? At the end, your main character is richer from the experience? Yea? Yea?

No, no, you deserve some time off.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Link below to the show released pics for season 7. 

Season 7 Production pics

The 2 that really got me werethe Torrmund and Brienne pic, because it's hysterical, and Jon in the crypts.  Seeing his mother perhaps?  Or his "father?" 

That reminds me, what ever happened to Ned's body? Wasn't that something Tyrion advised returning to Winterfell in season 2 I think? May be confusing with the books though. 

I feel like there is something significant going on in the tombs of Winterfell 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That reminds me, what ever happened to Ned's body? Wasn't that something Tyrion advised returning to Winterfell in season 2 I think? May be confusing with the books though. 

I cant remember either. I feel like I'm both books and show, Tyrion(or maybe someone else) ordered Ned's remains to be sent back to winterfell. I also feel like Sansa and Littlefinger originally went into the crypts to visit Ned(funny how she still doesn't know his role in that), and ended up speaking about Lyanna. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

From the show, last thing I remember, is season 2, Littlefinger returning them to Catelyn Stark in the Stormlands right as Stannis and Renly were about to fight.  Catelyn presumably took them north, but she dies at the Twins.  The books don't mention much about his bones either after the second book and which is a big source of fan speculation.

Its possibly she entrusted the bones to someone else to take to Winterfell.  As the North was in the control of the Iron Islanders, and then the Boltons, who would not want any reminders of who once ruled, getting the bones to Winterfell would have been problematic.

59 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

From the show, last thing I remember, is season 2, Littlefinger returning them to Catelyn Stark in the Stormlands right as Stannis and Renly were about to fight.  Catelyn presumably took them north, but she dies at the Twins.  The books don't mention much about his bones either after the second book and which is a big source of fan speculation.

Its possibly she entrusted the bones to someone else to take to Winterfell.  As the North was in the control of the Iron Islanders, and then the Boltons, who would not want any reminders of who once ruled, getting the bones to Winterfell would have been problematic.

Good stuff thanks for the refresh. Didn't one of the boys (Rickon I think ) say they saw Ned in the tombs? 

I think Jon might have a vision down there or have something revealed thru Lyanna's crypt 

• zoony locked this topic

Archived