Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have a huge theory I've worked up that I want to post but it's really long and I know it has 0 chance of coming true 

Go for it dude! I need to hear some new theories. 

BTW, watch Lyanna Mormont be a teenaged girl now. I know it's only been one year since she last filmed her part, but these kids grow up so fast. 

10 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Go for it dude! I need to hear some new theories. 

So I figured this one up over the weekend while listening to a podcast and I know it doesn't all fit together so the odds of it happened, especially given that they only have 15-16 episodes left is probably too great to pull of. 

Anyway, on the podcast, they mentioned that it would be poetic if perhaps Bran causes the wall to collapse by crossing back over now that he's been 'branded' by the Night King. Much like the area under the tree, Bran entering with the mark on his hand causes the magic barrier to break on the Wall as well. It would be Poetic because his ancestor Bran/Brandon the builder was the one that built the wall and is the one Bran was named after.
So this made me research Brandon the builder. Turns out, this guy built the wall, Winterfell and founded House Stark. So he was pretty important. He's mentioned twice in the show, the first when the old lady is reading to Bran in bed and asks if he wants to hear the stories of Bran the builder, they were always his favorite. The second is in Kings Landing when Arya and Ned are talking about how Bran won't ever be a knight and Ned says maybe Bran will raise castles some day like Bran the builder. 

So then I begin to question why Bran is so important and what impact he will have on the story. Surely his ability will be more useful than just as the backstory to Hodor and seeing Jon's real lineage. Those are just setups scenes for something bigger. So this is what I've got. Because I also have been fascinated by the prophecy of the Prince That Was Promised the one Melisandre keeps mentioning and originally believed it was Stannis.
If you think about it, everything that is happening now, has already happened before, as in white walkers threatening the world, a Targerean with 3 dragons coming to conquer Westeros etc. So my theory is that the show is on a perpetual timeloop with the events just resetting and repeating themselves every single time with slight changes like characters, genders, names etc. 

The 3 eyed Raven/Bran is the one that resets the time loop each time. Basically the end of the series will be the beginning of the lore that we currently know. Because we know a warrior will rise up wielding a sword of light to defeat the walkers as it happened once before. That happened before and appears to be Jon this time around. We know previously a Targarean seized Westeros with 3 dragons and made even a free North bend the knee. That's happening and the North is now suddenly more free than its been in some hundreds of years. There are other things too but you get the idea. 

So the series ends and the time loops is started back again with slight variations. Even the title, a song of ice and fire, implies that it's a song that has been sung before. As in these events have already happened. So why does the time loop happen? Because humanity has never actually figured out how to defeat the White Walkers for good. They simply go to rest or are temporarily defeated for awhile to rise up stronger again. Seriously, why weren't they destroyed the last time? How did they come back? Whatever happened before didn't work obviously. 

Another thing, the old Gods that people worship, the seven, are actually the important characters from the previous loop. 
They are:
warrior - Jon
maiden - Sansa
stranger - Arya
smith - Sam (discovering weapons to defeat White Walkers)
father - Davos 
crone - Melisandre 
mother - Danearys 

So in each time loop, those characters will always exist in some way and fill those roles only to go on to be worshipped as the 7 in the next time loop. 

The loops repeat forever until the series of events unfold that happen to allow the fire and ice to finally exist at the same time, The dragons and the white walkers. They are the only things that can defeat the walkers for good and allow time to flow normally. It's similar to the cycle of Reapers in mass effect. Perhaps there is a similar endgame in that only once the kingdoms can unite peacefully can they finally defeat the long winter and night King. Perhaps all the army can be defeated except the night King and he bides his time over the next so many years of each timeloop building his army from scratch each time.  

The three eyed Raven is important in this regard because he is tasked with restarting the time loop, guiding the events to unfold and see that the timeloop either reaches its conclusion with the white walker defeat or it resets. They also carry certain aspects of knowledge over into the new timeloop like the gods and some history so that each timeloop has perspective and the ability to figure it all out eventually and have all the events coincide.  So how does Bran do that? As do many things in this story, by chance, fate or destiny. By using his power to talk to people in the past. He sets the entire story of ours in motion by causing the mad king to go mad. Perhaps he mistakenly tells Someone in the  present to "burn them all" referring the white walkers but again screws it up while in s flashback and causes the mad King to hear these whispers of "burn them All" eventually going insane and setting us on the path we are now on with him killing Ned's father and brother. That seems to be the absolute best scenario to expand upon Bran's use of changing the past into what has already happened through his flashbacks. 

This will be the time when they can finally defeat the Long Winter, the Night King and end the cycle of time loops. This time they have the prophecized Prince and the dragons at the same time to battle the army of dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the night King can only be defeated by a dragon so he finally will die and cannot restart his army again at a later date. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

To be fair, I'm sure im not the first one to make that theory a lot of it seems like obvious links to make even if they do no become true 

I pretty much assumed most of your expectations were going to happen.. I have just always wondered how they were going to cram it all in there without ****ing up the show and ignoring storylines. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

To be fair, I'm sure im not the first one to make that theory a lot of it seems like obvious links to make even if they do no become true 

So it's the Matrix set in another world. I mean, Jon did come back to life and will face his nemesis in the white walker while defeating some other slightly less important people along the way.

5 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I pretty much assumed most of your expectations were going to happen.. I have just always wondered how they were going to cram it all in there without ****ing up the show and ignoring storylines. 

That's mostly why I don't think it happens simply because they don't have enough time to fully explain and flesh it all out appropriately in the final 15 episodes and still resolve everything. 

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So I've been thinking about it, the theory of this world being in a never ending cycle with the humans and white walkers is probably true. But I don't think The Three Eyed Raven had been alive when the first war against the White Walkers happened. So it may not be necessary that Bran lives until he finds his replacement. I think he was able to see how the white walkers were created simply because the Weirwood tree was present for it. 

But the only thing I will say that is book specific, is in the books they talk a great deal about songs. The Bear and the Maiden Fair. The Rains of Castamere. And those songs are always exaggerated versions of real history in their world. So I also agree that this story we're following is another song within their world. But it wouldn't surprise me if like the last scene of this show is Old Nan still alive two centuries from now telling this story to a Stark descendent before bedtime. 

And because this is Game of Thrones, I expect either Jon or Danyerys or both to die in the end. The White Walkers will be defeated, but they'll be no happy ending for anyone left alive or our main characters. 

• 4 months later...

Is there a season 7 thread that I completely missed?  If not, I guess I'll bump this thread with the teaser trailer and release date. If there isn't one, should we start a season 7 thread?  Or just keep up with this one?  All these questions.  (This is serving as a nice break to the complete meltdown on the rest of the board...)

July16th. Looks like a war is coming.

Seen a lot of on set spoiler pics here and there. 

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, the one TWA posted has been removed.  The one I posted is the official HBO teaser, which of course, has zero new content. 

Except the date.  That's new.  

Yea. Saw a breakdown of the trailer you posted. Ill try to find it. Good predictions of what the trailer showed and what it could relate to the story going forward. 

On 3/12/2017 at 8:04 AM, zoony said:

Im not sure how this series will be able to deliver on an ending.  And i think thats probably why Martin is slacking on the books

I have no idea why Martin is slacking on the books.  Possibly because he's made a ton of money and doesn't really need to finish them if he doesn't want to?  He knows that the Double D's are going to end the series with something, and he's probably influenced that somewhat, so there's no real NEED to finish them.

Random thought: We know that there are show only folks (raises hands) and people who have read teh books and watched the show.  Are there any book only people out there? I don't even know if there is any way to know that.  But eh, random passing thought.

All that said, there's no question coming up with an ending that isn't going to be ridiculous is going to be virtually impossible.  At least 75% of the audience is going to hate the ending no matter what it is. 

They can't have a "fairy tale ending" at this point, because that would just be eh, ridiculous.  I don't think they can just let the White Walkers win and destroy everything.  Maybe.  But that also would almost seem like the entire series has been pointless.

Danny on the throne?  Jon?  Cercei magically manages to stay on the throne while killing everybody else? 

You're right.  There's no good way to end this journey that's going to appeal to most folks.

On 3/12/2017 at 3:33 AM, Elessar78 said:

yeah, so basically the children of the forest started this whole thing. They created the Night's King to help against Men? Now they're on Team Humans? 

Yeah, they actually switched sides centuries earlier when they couldn't control the White Walkers, and helped Man make the Wall. 

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have no idea why Martin is slacking on the books.  Possibly because he's made a ton of money and doesn't really need to finish them if he doesn't want to?  He knows that the Double D's are going to end the series with something, and he's probably influenced that somewhat, so there's no real NEED to finish them.

Random thought: We know that there are show only folks (raises hands) and people who have read teh books and watched the show.  Are there any book only people out there? I don't even know if there is any way to know that.  But eh, random passing thought.

All that said, there's no question coming up with an ending that isn't going to be ridiculous is going to be virtually impossible.  At least 75% of the audience is going to hate the ending no matter what it is. 

They can't have a "fairy tale ending" at this point, because that would just be eh, ridiculous.  I don't think they can just let the White Walkers win and destroy everything.  Maybe.  But that also would almost seem like the entire series has been pointless.

Danny on the throne?  Jon?  Cercei magically manages to stay on the throne while killing everybody else? 

You're right.  There's no good way to end this journey that's going to appeal to most folks.

Martin has been quoted as saying the ending would be bittersweet. I'm thinking the Night's King and his undead army are defeated by the dragons. But all of the politicking, the fighting among Houses, will have taken it's toll and no one sits on the Iron Throne when it's all said and done. Humanity wins, but none of the major players will live long enough to enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Martin has been quoted as saying the ending would be bittersweet. I'm thinking the Night's King and his undead army are defeated by the dragons. But all of the politicking, the fighting among Houses, will have taken it's toll and no one sits on the Iron Throne when it's all said and done. Humanity wins, but none of the major players will live long enough to enjoy it. 

Yeah, everyone dies but humanity wins.  I could see that.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, everyone dies but humanity wins.  I could see that.

All these people are awful and should die.

I'm not really invested in any character "winning."

"Winning" for me is the show ending in a reasonable manner....and Martin never publishing another page of the series.

I want book readers to live with this.

Archived