Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

18 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have no idea why Martin is slacking on the books.  Possibly because he's made a ton of money and doesn't really need to finish them if he doesn't want to?  He knows that the Double D's are going to end the series with something, and he's probably influenced that somewhat, so there's no real NEED to finish them.

Random thought: We know that there are show only folks (raises hands) and people who have read teh books and watched the show.  Are there any book only people out there? I don't even know if there is any way to know that.  But eh, random passing thought.

All that said, there's no question coming up with an ending that isn't going to be ridiculous is going to be virtually impossible.  At least 75% of the audience is going to hate the ending no matter what it is. 

They can't have a "fairy tale ending" at this point, because that would just be eh, ridiculous.  I don't think they can just let the White Walkers win and destroy everything.  Maybe.  But that also would almost seem like the entire series has been pointless.

Danny on the throne?  Jon?  Cercei magically manages to stay on the throne while killing everybody else? 

You're right.  There's no good way to end this journey that's going to appeal to most folks.

I agree with all of your points.     

I'm an avid reader, and love the books, but he has no incentive to finish the story.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish it at all.    If he does, I'm steeling myself for the fact that it will be a disappointment.

10 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm just having some fun, folks.

But, seriously, your precious books will probably be finished by an author for hire in 2031.

I think the next book Martin releases will take the reader halfway through season six.  But it will be one amazingly intricately painted narrative by God.  

Then, Martin will keel over.  Bittersweet ending ****es!  Told ya!

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I think the next book Martin releases will take the reader halfway through season six.  But it will be one amazingly intricately painted narrative by God.  

Then, Martin will keel over.  Bittersweet ending ****es!  Told ya!

Isn't that the problem at this point that the HBO series has past the books in the narrative? If so then Martin is basically at the mercy of HBO.

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Isn't that the problem at this point that the HBO series has past the books in the narrative? If so then Martin is basically at the mercy of HBO.

Yes, and it is glorious.

Honestly, I think what has happened is pretty simple. This ugly 350 pound trollish looking dude now has "**** You" money and can go to every Comic Con in the tournament and have an orgy with three Khaleesi cos-players.

I wouldn't be writing a 700 page novel about dragons either.

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Yes, and it is glorious.

Honestly, I think what has happened is pretty simple. This ugly 350 pound trollish looking dude now has "**** You" money and can go to every Comic Con in the tournament and have an orgy with three Khaleesi cos-players.

I wouldn't be writing a 700 page novel about dragons either.

I have been saying that for years, and people are just now realizing it. 

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

12 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

^^^^

hater

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You should probably stay off the extemeskins message boards, and use your writing time to finish writing the books George.

Is the FrankenMountain thing still alive? I don't think he died.

It would be really neat if they redeemed that dude with a sweet little girlfriend. Like what happened to Jaws in Moonraker. Remember that? Bond goes Star Wars and forgives the sadistic killer for hire because a grown-up Pippi Longstocking fell in love with him? That was....not the high point of the Bond series.

7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Is the FrankenMountain thing still alive? I don't think he died.

It would be really neat if they redeemed that dude with a sweet little girlfriend. Like what happened to Jaws in Moonraker. Remember that? Bond goes Star Wars and forgives the sadistic killer for hire because a grown-up Pippi Longstocking fell in love with him? That was....not the high point of the Bond series.

I feel like theyre going to start throwing fans bones.  Frankrnmountain will battle scarface to the death while millions of nerds pleasure themselves in front of the TV.  

25 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Calling it now, the series will end with the cast in a huge brawl that pours outside of the studio into a dress rehearsal of throw out your hands, stick out your tush

I can see a "Misery" type sequel in which a group of deranged fans kidnap Martin and force him to write a proper book ending that fulfills all their expectations.

Sledgehammer to the ankles has been done, though. Not sure how they incapacitate JRR from waddling away.

"You MUST write us a better ending than that ****adootie TV show, Mr. MAN."

He started writing these books during the first Bush Administration!

Harper Lee beat him to the bookstore!!

He needs to crank out another 1,800 pages in his 70s while traveling to ComicCons!!!

It's never happening!!

You are all dum dums!!!!

I started watching this show, because I was flipping channels and saw a super-hot naked chick sitting on what looked like a charcoal grill with some giant lizards crawling all over her. That was my entrypoint. I know as much as you yo-yos that have probably put up Geocities sites about the first book!!!

Oh happy day!!!

8 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

a61.jpg

14 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He started writing these books during the first Bush Administration!

Harper Lee beat him to the bookstore!!

He needs to crank out another 1,800 pages in his 70s while traveling to ComicCons!!!

It's never happening!!

You are all dum dums!!!!

I started watching this show, because I was flipping channels and saw a super-hot naked chick sitting on what looked like a charcoal grill with some giant lizards crawling all over her. That was my entrypoint. I know as much as you yo-yos that have probably put up Geocities sites about the first book!!!

Oh happy day!!!

Or. OR! The books could be all done and he's just holding off publishing until the series is done in, what, two years?

On 3/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, zoony said:

I feel like theyre going to start throwing fans bones.  Frankrnmountain will battle scarface to the death while millions of nerds pleasure themselves in front of the TV.  

Is that wrong?

What we need, is Randall, from the movie "Clerks",, to break it down as succinctly as he did for the LOTR nerds in "Clerks 2"   

So Cersei is sitting the on the Iron Throne, Lady Olenna is the remaining head of the Tyrells, Ellaria Martell ascended the House of Dorne, and of course Daenerys is leading a huge armada against Cersei who doesn't know that yet.  Only Jon Snow is proclaimed King of the North.  The rest of the world is pretty much ruled by women.  I don't expect that to last into Season 7, but it's nice for a change in a world where women are largely the property of men.

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So Cersei is sitting the on the Iron Throne, Lady Olenna is the remaining head of the Tyrells, Ellaria Martell ascended the House of Dorne, and of course Daenerys is leading a huge armada against Cersei who doesn't know that yet.  Only Jon Snow is proclaimed King of the North.  The rest of the world is pretty much ruled by women.  I don't expect that to last into Season 7, but it's nice for a change in a world where women are largely the property of men.

I expect it to last.  The girl power thing seems to be an intentional trend with the TV writers reworking of the books story line.   

Archived