Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

Game Breaker you beat me to it.   LEEEEEROOOOOY JEEEEENKIIIIIIINS!!!    That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched that episode...  ha ha...

The other funny Youtube video dealing with GOT which just came out last week was the season 1-5 recap narrated by Samuel L Jackson put out by HBO.  it's pg rated so not for small children... few f-bombs and such..  It's classic.

I forgot.  Yes, the actor playing Ramsey was awesome, and in seasons past, I thought Peter Dinklage and the actor who played Joffrey were quite good.  Outside of Ramsey this season though, I just didn't find any of the acting really gripping.  Though for one episode, the guy from Deadwood was captivating.

Sophie Turner was amazing as Sansa, specifically when she confronted Littlefinger in the barn.

Alfie Allen has gotten tiresome to some folks, I know. Playing a beat-down dog can get monotonous. But there were several times this past season as he tried to recapture Theon where he was absolutely awesome. His speech for Yara at the Kingsmoot comes to mind, as does his sulking at the brothel in Volantis.

Sophie Turner was amazing as Sansa, specifically when she confronted Littlefinger in the barn.

Alfie Allen has gotten tiresome to some folks, I know. Playing a beat-down dog can get monotonous. But there were several times this past season as he tried to recapture Theon where he was absolutely awesome. His speech for Yara at the Kingsmoot comes to mind, as does his sulking at the brothel in Volantis.

Yeah Sansa (Sophie Turner) has been one of my least favorite charters for five seasons.   Early on she was a brat,  and then she was so beaten down and powerless her character was 1 demential.     Even when Terion tried to reach out to her Sansa refused to engage or trust anyone.

I thought season 6 was a breath of fresh air for the character.   She's coming into her own and her eyes are more open to how things really work than are John Snows.    She's going to be interesting to watch from here on out...   Hope she doesn't go to the Dark side.   Hope she uses her new powers of awareness as an asset for the Starks..     They could use a little awareness, as a family, because they are constantly miscalculating about how things really work in Westerous..    From Ned, to Rob, To John,  The mother, Ned's Father,  His older Brother,  all of them..  They are their own worst enemies.   They are clearly the good guys,  but they just keep shooting themselves in the feet.

Theory: Jon Snow kills Jamie Lannister (with a sword). Based on a comment Jamie makes to him in S1E2 about how it's funny when you cut someone open for the first time and realize they are just bones, blood, and muscle. 

I don't know, wouldn't that require either Jon to go South or Jaime to go North? I think Jaime is more likely to kill Cersi and end up being executed for it before he runs into Jon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im glad this thread is back. I've been waiting to post in it. I just got into this when my friend hooked me up with her HBO account info. I plowed thru all six seasons in 3 weeks. 

I was quite proud of myself for guessing Jon's parentage. I stayed away from spoilers and any time I heard GoT mentioned because I knew I wanted to watch it one day. I suspected something was up early on from sesson 1 based on the mystery surrounding his mom, Ned's honor (cheating seemed so out of character) and his refusal to talk about the woman with Robert. Well come to find out this was a really popular theory that everyone has basically figured out. Damn. 

Anyway, the show is pretty amazing. Predictions for season 7:

I think season 7 will focus on the battle for Westeros, not the white walkers. The season finale will conclude with the wall coming down and the walkers storming into Westeros where 8 will conclude that arc and settle the Iron Throne with who is left. 

Personally, I think Jon, not Danerys is the hero of this story and will end up as King. Things have been far far too easy for Danerys. Even now, she has the most powerful army by far. She should take the throne with ease really and I don't know how they will reconcile the dragons not being able to toast the walkers from the sky safely. Seems like a lot of the drama has been sucked out of that fight which makes me think something drastic will happen to make the fight more difficult. 

Additonally, I want to think Arya will kill the Mountain because it would satisfy the revenge and it would be a very David vs Goliath moment. Further, this would set up the following scenario where Arya has an open chance to kill an unprotected Cersei but somehow Cersei gets the upper hand. I think it would be full circle, poetic and simply perfect if Jamie ends up pushing Cersei from the Red Keep to protect a Stark. What a bookend. Lots of reasons for this. Jamie achieves redemption. He realizes how awful Cersei really is and that she must be stopped. He loves Brienne and wants to help her keep her oath.  Probably won't happen though because a Hound v Mountain fight seems inevitable 

One theory I heard that i think could Happen is that Danerys kills Tyrion. The reason being that when she comes back to Westeros with the man that, at time of departure, had just killed his nephew the King, his father the Hand and a whore while also speaking hate at all of the citizens of Westeros in his trial. He is hated there and Danerys will be as well. She goes to Tyrion for general council and he suggests that similar to how she left Dharrio she must be bold and make the hard decisions as Queen etc. she ends up taking this advice in a way he didn't expect and she has him publically executed to win goodwill from the people. 

This also sets her up as the villain and takes some of that shine off of her so she can later die or battle Jon Snow. Jon is both the ice and the fire so he is the true hero of the show IMO. 

Anyway, I'll be rewatching them all again soon with my brother who I just got into it. Will post more thoughts as they come to me while watching the replays 

One of the things I love the most about the show is it sets events and reveals up perfectly. There Jon Snow Targeryen stuff had the seeds laid in the opening episode and was slowly sprinkled here and there. Same with Varys supporting Danerys' return as the place he and Tyrion stay at when they flee Kings Landing is the same place Danerys and her brother open the series at in Pentos. So Varys close friend was the one harboring the last remaining Targeryens this whole time. Makes me think Varys was the one that saved them in the first place when the Lannister and Baratheon armies sacked Kings Landing. 

2 hours ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey.. 

But if your saying from the viewpoint of the people of Kings Landing, yea. Pretty sure Cersei still thinks Tyrion did it. 

Yeah as in that is the viewpoint of the people of Westeros since he was found guilty. He wasn't loved prior to that and now he has 3 deaths on his hand, two belonging to the Royal family in addition to going off on the citizens 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived