Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

For show only purposes...I'm assuming it's a Valyrian name and he's named after Aemon or Aegon.

There's also reason to believe that it's actually Jon, after Jon Connington.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/this-game-of-thrones-fan-may-have-discovered-jon-snows-real?utm_term=.csAmG8loL#.shOO2GmZ8

Buzzfeed linked to it. The Reddit thread is getting quite a bit of press ... not sure how realistic it is though. Some commenters appear to have really studied the lips and heard her say "his name is" and then "his house is" but the Redditor has a good and interesting take on it.

Jaehaerys ... which would make Jon, Jaehaerys III Targaryan ... whether Ned named in Jon after Jon Arryn or Lyanna named him Jon for Jon Connington are up for debate. Jon is definitely more believable as NED's **** than ... yeah this is m **** son Jaehaerys Stark lol

The Redditor makes really interesting parallels between the 1st and 2nd of the name and the current happenings in the series, particularly the Faith Militant.

Reddit is also the same place where people were comparing the size of wolf heads and thinking a mass conspiracy was about to happen against Ramsay.

I take all their theories with a massive grain of salt because they think the show is somehow as beholden to small (and mostly irrelevant) details as the books are. But we have six seasons of evidence to say that it really isn't.

So, my only question with the whole Jon parentage thing is why did they have the whispering?  

Was it because there's a plot twist coming, or just to plant the seed that there COULD be a plot twist coming and to generate discussion after the run of the show.  (Which, btw, has been successful)

I personally think that there has to be one more big Jon-parentage plot-twist coming.  I don't know what it is, I haven't read the books. 

However, this show has been pretty good about showing you one thing, and then doing another thing.  The last 2 episodes have probably been the most "predictable" of the series.  

So I'm betting that there's one more twist coming.  Everybody assumes it's Raeggar (sp?).  So I'm going to (maybe foolishly) assume that it's anybody else.  Though all the evidence definitely points to me being wrong.  But who knows. I assume we'll find out in about 10 months.

I could see Euron heading for Kings Landing (Cersei) after he finds out that Theon and Yara got to Dani first.

Even if Cersei would accept his offer... I can't imagine them putting up much of a fight against what's heading their way.

Does that dude even have boats at this point? I know he was going to build 1000 somehow, but it's not clear to me that the Iron Islands even have 1000 people. It looks like it consists of one very wet castle.

Aka Azor ahai

That sounds a wrestler's name.

"From the Island of Fiji....Aka Azor Ahai......"

What the hell does that even mean?

The only question now becomes who is the third. Tyrian is probably the most logical choice but he might just have been destined to be the hand and nothing more

My long shot to be the third Targaryan is... Varys. He would be much more comfortable straddling a dragon for long periods of time. See what they did there? Clever

... Varys. He would be much more comfortable straddling a dragon for long periods of time. See what they did there? Clever

This is why with my condition I ride dragon sidesaddle. Some people cast aspersions, of course. Fleetingly.

The only question now becomes who is the third. Tyrian is probably the most logical choice but he might just have been destined to be the hand and nothing more

My long shot to be the third Targaryan is... Varys. He would be much more comfortable straddling a dragon for long periods of time. See what they did there? Clever

I don't completely understand why it has to be a Targaryan. Nor do I quite get why anyone needs to ride the dragons. (Ladies love to ride my dragon by the way). The dragons took out that fleet pretty well on their own.

There was that scene ages ago where Arya was talking about the one broad who rode a dragon. Arya doesn't seem to have much to do going forward since I think everyone on her list is dead, except for Cersei. She seems like the type to jump on a dragon and do stuff.

Didn't The Neverending Story have a kid riding a dragon? Or am I confusing bad movies?

Aren't Melisandre, the Mountain, and the Bros w/o Banners still on her list?

The Mountain, yes. The others? I don't ever recall Melisandre being on it. Also, Arya was pissed at the BwB because they let Sandor go. She became psuedo friends with him, and for all Arya knows, the Hound is dead, so I don't think they are on her **** list anymore.

Cersei and The Mountain are the only ones left I believe.

Didn't The Neverending Story have a kid riding a dragon? Or am I confusing bad movies?

Who's a good boy? You are!

big_1446962055_image.jpg

This is clearly going to be an annoying 9 months. So, I'm bringing up a new discussion topic.

George RR Martin ripped off the entire concept of Game of Thrones from the 1983 classic Deathstalker starring some dude and Barbie Benton's boobs. Agree or disagree?

I think it is the Big Box Retail of nerd fantasy

Aisle 1, dragons and fire

Aisle 2, religion, the occult, and faith

Aisle 3, medieval weaponry

Aisle 4, royalty, houses, and Knights

Aisle 5, giants and dwarves

Aisle 6, wizards and witches

Aisle 7, torture and gore

Aisle 8, boobies, whores, and penises

Aisle 9, miscellaneous mythical creatures

Aisle 10, zombies and ****

She was mad at the bwb for sending Gendry with Mel in exchange for money.

She seemed to have removed them from her list at some point though, perhaps this season.

Mel also told her that they would meet again (or something like that) during their encounter.

I think it is the Big Box Retail of nerd fantasy

Aisle 1, dragons and fire

Aisle 2, religion, the occult, and faith

Aisle 3, medieval weaponry

Aisle 4, royalty, houses, and Knights

Aisle 5, giants and dwarves

Aisle 6, wizards and witches

Aisle 7, torture and gore

Aisle 8, boobies, whores, and penises

Aisle 9, miscellaneous mythical creatures

Aisle 10, zombies and ****

I'm now picturing Martin and an editor going over a checklist.

"George, I'm not seeing any giants. Where are the giants?"

"Oh, ****.....fine....I'll throw a few north of the wall. Hand me that hundred dollar bill so I can light this cigarette."

I'm now picturing Martin and an editor going over a checklist.

"George, I'm not seeing any giants. Where are the giants?"

"Oh, ****.....fine....I'll throw a few north of the wall. Hand me that hundred dollar bill so I can light this cigarette."

Exactly. This is like the Travelling Wilburys of science fiction

I forgot Aisle 11, time travel

Mel also told her that they would meet again (or something like that) during their encounter.

I thought she said they would never meet again. Which, with how badly she is at prophecy, could almost guarantee they will. Or Arya will be wearing a different face and she won't know. 

So, my only question with the whole Jon parentage thing is why did they have the whispering?

Was it because there's a plot twist coming, or just to plant the seed that there COULD be a plot twist coming and to generate discussion after the run of the show. (Which, btw, has been successful)

I personally think that there has to be one more big Jon-parentage plot-twist coming. I don't know what it is, I haven't read the books.

However, this show has been pretty good about showing you one thing, and then doing another thing. The last 2 episodes have probably been the most "predictable" of the series.

So I'm betting that there's one more twist coming. Everybody assumes it's Raeggar (sp?). So I'm going to (maybe foolishly) assume that it's anybody else. Though all the evidence definitely points to me being wrong. But who knows. I assume we'll find out in about 10 months.

I think the whisper pretty much guarantees we get a Rhaegar flashback at some point.

Spanish Armada.  Sansa eliminates LF, is Sweet Robin her tool?  She her uncle Edmere takes back the Riverlands and, with death of the Freys, becomes the Regent of the Twins (with his son to take over both as head of House Frey and House Tully at some point).  Finds out who Jon is and either marry him herself or marry him off to Dany who needs allies after the Spanish Armada event.

Actually the bit about Edmure is pretty interesting. If all of Frey's sons are indeed gone then he would inherit both Riverrun and the Twins, as would his son.

I hadn't thought about that.

I could see tue Winds of Winter taking down a sizable portion of Dany's fleet. Hopefully it's the Dothraki portion. Just as long as it's not some more crap that sends her back into waiting mode in Mereen or wherever. So sick of that stuff....

Actually the bit about Edmure is pretty interesting. If all of Frey's sons are indeed gone then he would inherit both Riverrun and the Twins, as would his son.

I hadn't thought about that.

I could see tue Winds of Winter taking down a sizable portion of Dany's fleet. Hopefully it's the Dothraki portion. Just as long as it's not some more crap that sends her back into waiting mode in Mereen or wherever. So sick of that stuff....

Maybe she can go back to Qarth, the most boring city that is, was, and ever will be. Maybe Nate Newton is still alive in that safe.

Archived