Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

Someone posted this a few pages back. But damn. The plot of this show is great and all. But there are just scenes of flat out acting and great dialogue that I forget about. I mentioned the scene in S6 finale with the Melisandre getting banished. There's also a great one where Baelish lays out his plan/heart to Sansa and she basically friend zones him. "That's a nice picture" Burn. 

Did the Air Force bombing Tora Bora help us succeed in our objectives? It took intelligence work and a surgical team to get Bin Laden. Did we win in Iraq? Or just "win"?

In WW2 even though we had air superiority we still needed to step onto Normandy in a costly battle. We pummeled that beachhead for hours with artillery and it didn't really take out their fortifications. 

We don't know how Dragons do in Winter. Are they like lizards and cease to function when their body temps drop?

IMO, you're still going to need landing forces.

The Air Force did not have dragons.

Wildfire arrows?

Sure let's have vats of wildfire lying around in the open when the opposition HAS ****ING DRAGONS! One of them burps in your general direction and the battle takes six seconds.

I think Cersei is going to study Zukhov's tactics and seek an encirclement of the invading horde.

Personally, if I was fighting an army with dragons, my primary objective would be to get some dragons.

By the way, isn't Harrenhall the smoking ruin it is because Dragons! It seems like duck and cover doesn't work with dragons because they are dragons.

Then don't leave it out in the open genius.

I would hide it under a church.

A very good strategy for warfare in Westeros is fight fiercely, lose most of your forces, prepare for total defeat, and then have another army show up at the very last second to save you.

I would also try to have a dragon and possibly a giant though primarily a dragon.

Dany should study Genghis Khans tactics of light cavalry versus European armored Knights.

GK would attack and feign a retreat. The big European horses tired chasing Mongolian ponies and carrying heavily armored Knights. Eventually the chase would lead the tired pursuers to an ambush. Massacres galore.

Kings Landing is toast.  Always has been, unless Dany's army is completely decimated prior to landing.

But problem after that is conquering the 7 Kingdoms in winter.  If her army can't move to control locations bc of snow, her mobile army is basically dragons...and that's it.  Sure, that goes a crazy long way, but the entire 7 Kingdoms, in winter, with 3 dragons?  At a minimum it's a multi-year task.

I'm not even sure how much support she'd pick up from the 7 kingdoms themselves.  Stormlands are empty, North is empty, Lannisters are opposed to Dany, Vale is for whomever Littlefinger feels like that week.  She's got Tyrells, Dorne (depending how many in their army are pissed about the whole "killed the entire Martell ruling family" thing), and part of the Iron Islands, which I suppose is enough, but regardless, the logistics of taking everywhere north of KL are a nightmare with winter happening.

Anyways, I saw this, thought it was funny, it's spoilered for a naughty word:

13495667_10153875490974209_1192997517729

I imagine the dragons will die fighting the WW. My guess is Dany goes down with Drogon. Jon goes down on his at the very end and has a one on one battle to off the Nights King. Humanity reigns but the magic has al been killed off. Dragons, WW, etc. men are left to pick up the pieces. Led by Jon Snow. Aka Azor ahai

The big thing with the Vale, in the books, is it is so hard to approach, and easy to defend, that it isn't worth trying to conquer. You know what throws that out the window?

Dragons. Little finger and the Vale will fall in line.

I could see Euron heading for Kings Landing (Cersei) after he finds out that Theon and Yara got to Dani first.

Even if Cersei would accept his offer... I can't imagine them putting up much of a fight against what's heading their way.

I wonder if the end scene of season six takes place somewhat in the future since there were Tyrell and Martel ships in the fleet and they backtrack a bit to do some internal politicking in Westeros and white walker stuff before Dany shows up.

Also anyone want to guess at the first scene of next season? Something at the wall maybe or another flashback or vision from Bran?

I like little Lady Mormont Ass-Kicker.

I liked the library scene. When I was a kid I used to try to imagine the great library in Alexandria. Wonder how that wealth of knowledge and Samwell will play into the great victory. 

I liked the Dragons & Dinklage bonding scene. I smelled Bones/Booth sexual tension. 

There was a lot to like.

Um...so I somehow missed whenever they told us what was significant about Jon's mom, but he's half Stark and half Targaryen? is that the deal? 

I miss the giant, dammit.

I had visions of him at some point in it all, seizing the Mountain in his hands and ripping him in two like Dwayne Johnson splitting a twinkie.

New fantasy football name ...

Danaeyus Thomas.

Or Demeryius Targaryan

Also anyone seeing the Reddit theory making the rounds all over right now regarding what Jon's actual name is? I'm not sure it's a spoiler or not. I'll wait to post when I'm at a computer and can properly post spoiler tags (I always fail on my phone).

And not his last name. That's a given now. But rather his first. Ned changed it to Jon after Jon Arryn his "father figure" and less Targaryan-y name ... But the theory goes that the name Lyanna whispered in that scene was 3 syllables. I'll post later

New fantasy football name ...

Danaeyus Thomas.

Or Demeryius Targaryan

Also anyone seeing the Reddit theory making the rounds all over right now regarding what Jon's actual name is? I'm not sure it's a spoiler or not. I'll wait to post when I'm at a computer and can properly post spoiler tags (I always fail on my phone).

And not his last name. That's a given now. But rather his first. Ned changed it to Jon after Jon Arryn his "father figure" and less Targaryan-y name ... But the theory goes that the name Lyanna whispered in that scene was 3 syllables. I'll post later

For show only purposes...I'm assuming it's a Valyrian name and he's named after Aemon or Aegon.

There's also reason to believe that it's actually Jon, after Jon Connington.

Archived