Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

I think if Varys did want to double cross Tyrion/Dany, then he wouldn't have re-joined them.  Varys has always been pro-realm and for that, he has been pro-Targaryen.  The Dornish people have long sided with the Targaryens; many of them married with the Targaryen heirs.  The Tyrell's are just pissed at Cersei now.

That being said, it does seem like too perfect a setup: Daenerys, some Greyjoy's, Martell's, and Tyrell's joining together against the Lannister's and King's Landing.  It's curious to see where the remaining Barratheon's fall but those seem like pretty good odds in Dany's favor.  Of course odds have never mattered in this series.

Brienne has pretty much no storyline now.

still holding out hope that episode 1 of next season has her confronted with Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood without Banners like in the book. Gendry is also a blacksmith for them so that would be a good way to reintroduce him to the story

That being said, it does seem like too perfect a setup: Daenerys, some Greyjoy's, Martell's, and Tyrell's joining together against the Lannister's and King's Landing.  It's curious to see where the remaining Barratheon's fall but those seem like pretty good odds in Dany's favor.  Of course odds have never mattered in this series.

What Baratheon's?  All three of the original brothers (Robert, Stannis, Renly) are all dead.  All three of Robert's "children" are dead too.  I think that house is pretty much toast.  For that matter, so are the Tyrell's.  The head of the house and both of his children were in the sept when it blew up, and as badass as the old lady is, I don't think she has much left to work with (lineage speaking, I'm sure there's an army).

Half the Starks are gone, and a lot of the northern armies just dies fighting each other.  The Greyjoys are a divided mess, and Dorne is historically a pretty weak house that has the benefit of location.  The Lannisters are basically Cersei, I think it was said the money has dried up in Casterly Rock.

That's all seven great houses severely weakened or gone.  So you either get a choice of Dany's horde, or an underdog.

Sam Tarly baby!  Get on the train now before you aren't allowed on the bandwagon!  He isn't in that library to find out how to beat White Walkers, he's in there to discover some sort of secret "I Win" magic that's been long forgotten.

I guess what we are going to see is Danys army met in the open sea by that other Greyjoy dude and decimated. Making the upcoming battle at kings landing even. Until Jon Snow swoops in with his northern armies to save the day, after battling Littlefinger

Spoiler alert ****es

I mean Cersei has to learn about the impending arrival of Dany and 3 dragons right? Like, in episode 1 ... how can she NOT know they're coming?

My impression was that Jon seemed to think they weren't going anywhere with Winter having arrived...

Unless --- with winter literally on the doorstep --- Jon and the northerners flee south to bide more time?

Of course, that is unlikely ... but now I fear that we'll have a season sitting in the snow at winterfell.

http://watchersonthewall.com/winds-winter-brings-record-ratings-game-thrones/

“The Winds of Winter” brings record ratings for Game of Thrones

They’ve done it again! Zap2it is reporting that “The Winds of Winter, ” the season finale of Game of Thrones has recorded the highest same-day ratings in the history of the show, beating its previous record set by the season 5 finale.

On Sunday night, Game of Thrones brought in 8.89 million viewers during the epic finale. This tops the 8.11 million viewers that GoT recorded for last year’s Season 5 finale “Mother’s Mercy.”

Do the Lannister's have any allies left?  

Arryn - If I'm not mistaken, this is that squirmy boy, and Little Finger is the protector of the Vale, and so who the hell knows who they are aligned to.  But they just rescued John and Sansa, so, presumably not the Lannisters.  And if I'm not mistaken, then nights of the vale proclaimed loyalty to Jon Snow

Tyrells - that alliance, as rocky as it ever was, has been nuked.  

Martels - (they're the ones who live in Dorn, right?). They want to kill all Lannisters and have for a while.

Starks - Duh.

Boltons - gone

Frey - question mark, I guess.  When Arya found and killed Waldo(er), not sure where they land, but guessing turnmoil, best case.

Greyjoy - Firmly in Danny's camp, and Danny isn't aligning with no Lannisters.

Targaryen - Danny's coming for Cercei's throne.  

I know there are some other minor houses out there.  But, apart from Balish doing something odd, do the Lannisters have any allies?

That look that Jamie gave to Cercei was almost like a line from Hunt for Red October, where one of the Lieutenants says to the Captain, "You ass, you've killed us!" It's just going to take a little while to happen.  

Yeah or hitlers in Russia. Well they will have a protracted siege in winter to contend with if they don't catch the city by surprise. I can't imagine they are well provisioned.

Dothraki are more like raiders. Good thing she has Dragons.

I guess what we are going to see is Danys army met in the open sea by that other Greyjoy dude and decimated. Making the upcoming battle at kings landing even. Until Jon Snow swoops in with his northern armies to save the day, after battling Littlefinger

Spoiler alert ****es

The symbol of his house is the kraken and Varys talks about a sighting in season 1 or 2. Maybe Dany's ships get destroyed by krakens after one of the dragons eats one. Would be kind of stupid but her army had to take a massive hit somehow.

http://watchersonthewall.com/showrunners-address-future-game-thrones-bella-ramsey-dean-charles-chapman-discuss-big-finale/

The showrunners address the future of Game of Thrones; Bella Ramsey and Dean-Charles Chapman discuss that big finale

“The Winds of Winter” was loaded with action and dramatic turns, and our heads are still spinning. Thankfully,  Game of Thrones interviews are flowing freely this week, providing more insight into the key moments of the season finale.

Bella Ramsey has made a splash in her few appearances on Game of Thrones this season, as the ten-year-old Lady of Bear Island. Lyanna Mormont is a new fan favorite, and MakingGameofThrones speaks with Ramsey this week about her experience with the show.

On the huge fan reaction to her character, Bella says, “It’s crazy really. I didn’t expect anything like it. I am very, very happy that people like Lyanna Mormont. We had to keep it quiet that I had a part in GoT so now it’s out, my family have had lots of people they know contacting them, really excited they have seen me.”

Game of Thrones was her first filming experience, says the actress. She finds it difficult to name a favorite scene of hers (“I loved them all”). Discussing the finale, she says, “I loved Episode 10, but the room we were filming in was like an overheated sauna, so probably Episode 7 [“The Broken Man”]. Although, I also loved riding Iggy the horse, too.”

On playing the tough young lady, she says, “It was good, really good, being fierce. It all kind of comes naturally when I become Lyanna because it’s in her nature; it’s just who she is. I loved the script for Episode 10 [“The Winds of Winter”] – how she doesn’t care that she is the youngest person in the room, and proceeds to shame the three leaders.”

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss speak to Deadline about this season and the future of Game of Thrones. The showrunners reaffirm their comments in Variety from April, saying more or less the exact same thing and estimating there will “70-75 hours, and that’s what we’ll end up with. Call it 73 for now.” So we still have uncertain numbers for the endgame of the show, but an estimate that tells us the end is nigh.

Asked about female-centric vibe of the show, Benioff says among his remarks, “so many of the most interesting and formidable characters are women. The obstacles that stand between them and what they want are so much more formidable than the obstacles that face people in much of our lives…it was lots of fun and rewarding to think about the ways they could overcome obstacles and press their advantages and interests the way men would. You’d be hard pressed to call Cersei a heroine; she just blew up several thousand people, few of which had done her any particular wrong. But she’s a formidable severely flawed and damaged person.”

As for the question of whether Arya was targeting Jaime as well at the Twins, Benioff confirms that “the eyes she was making toward him were about who he was, and the murderous wheels of vengeance were spinning in his brain over how, maybe, she could get a two for one on this deal.” She stuck with her original plans however, and carried out only the hit on Walder.

As Benioff notes, Jaime isn’t actually on her list.

More from the writers about what the last couple of episodes and the future

http://deadline.com/2016/06/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-hbo-1201780242/

‘Game Of Thrones’ David Benioff & D.B. Weiss On Shocking Season 6 Finale

I think Dany's biggest foe will be the winter. She and her people aren't accustomed to it. I could also see some mutinies occurring between the Dothraki/Unsullied/Iron Islands army.

It'll be interesting to see how Dany's army fares vs. the Lanisters. On paper it's a mismatch, Dany has a large and powerful army, BUT there are issues. I don't think they have the experience the Lannister army have. The Dothraki are mostly just barbarians, the Unsullied have mostly been on guard duty/anti insurgency, and the Iron Islands folks are more sailors then soldiers. Also, the Lannisters have Jamie, who is an excellent field commander. Dany's army's best soldier is...Grey Worm? Good soldier, but not on Jamie's level as a general.

The symbol of his house is the kraken and Varys talks about a sighting in season 1 or 2. Maybe Dany's ships get destroyed by krakens after one of the dragons eats one. Would be kind of stupid but her army had to take a massive hit somehow.

That would be interesting. In the boat scene theon is stares at a Kraken banner for a long time. 

Like I said in an earlier post, they foreshadowed Rickon's demise. Wonder if this is more foreshadowing?

I'd say her best general is Tyrion, remember the Battle of Blackwater.  Also, she has Varys as far as field intelligence goes.

I wouldn't be so worried about her army.  Horse cavalry, especailly if they're firing arrows, have been able to decimate foot armies in the past.  The Unsullied were made to look foolish patroling the streets, but are supposedly unrivaled warriors in pitched battle.  The Greyjoys can blockade King's Landing.  Plus, there's the whole dragon thing.

Maybe Cersei will try to repeat Tyrion's wildfire strategy at Blackwater, but Tyrion will anticipate it and have a dragon ignite and burn out all of it before they land. Just a guess.

I am thinking that other than maybe the Tyrell forces, nobody else on that side knows how to conduct a siege, which is what KL will come down to. And no one from Essos knows how to handle frigid temperatures.

When one side has an Air Force, and the other doesn't....

The side with an Air Force wins.

at some point you still gotta land, and people aren't stupid—they'll take shelter under their stone buildings. And the dragons can be hurt. Sons of Harpy did it with spears. 

I love that we are discussing actual battlefield tactics.

She has dragons. She's going to win.

Did the Air Force bombing Tora Bora help us succeed in our objectives? It took intelligence work and a surgical team to get Bin Laden. Did we win in Iraq? Or just "win"?

In WW2 even though we had air superiority we still needed to step onto Normandy in a costly battle. We pummeled that beachhead for hours with artillery and it didn't really take out their fortifications. 

We don't know how Dragons do in Winter. Are they like lizards and cease to function when their body temps drop?

IMO, you're still going to need landing forces.

Archived